• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Recipe Question...pot Stickers

In summary, to make pot stickers from scratch, you will need a combination of ground meat, finely chopped vegetables, and seasonings. You can use different types of meat or make a vegetarian version. A popular dipping sauce for pot stickers is a combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic. You can freeze uncooked pot stickers for later and to prevent them from sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is well-oiled and the pot stickers have enough space between them.
momoffour
Hi again. I made the pot stickers the other day for a treat for my family. They were pretty good but burn so easy. THe edges get too dark while the rest aren't quite cooked. I'd hate to do a show and wind up with crappy results...lol.

Any suggestions?

Anne

Try setting timer for a few minutes less then the recipe actually calls for. After checking them, you can either take them out, or let them bake for longer.

I made them today for a show and thought the stone should be on the bottom rack. The bottoms of the potstickers were just too soft. I would also lessen the time by one to two minutes. Honestly though I couldn't tell you how long they were in there, but they were good.

1. How do I make pot stickers from scratch?

To make pot stickers from scratch, you will need a combination of ground meat (usually pork), finely chopped vegetables, and seasonings. First, mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Then, place a small spoonful of the mixture onto a wonton wrapper and fold the wrapper in half to create a half-moon shape. Use water to seal the edges of the wrapper. Finally, cook the pot stickers in a pan with oil until they are golden brown on both sides.

2. Can I use a different type of meat or make a vegetarian version of pot stickers?

Yes, you can use a different type of ground meat such as chicken or turkey for your pot stickers. You can also make a vegetarian version by using tofu or a combination of finely chopped vegetables like mushrooms, cabbage, and carrots. The cooking process will be the same for both options.

3. What kind of dipping sauce goes well with pot stickers?

A popular dipping sauce for pot stickers is a combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic. You can also add a pinch of sugar and red pepper flakes for some extra flavor. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can use hoisin sauce mixed with a little bit of rice vinegar and honey.

4. Can I freeze pot stickers for later?

Yes, you can freeze uncooked pot stickers for later. After assembling the pot stickers, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to cook, you can cook them from frozen, just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.

5. How do I prevent pot stickers from sticking to the pan?

The key to preventing pot stickers from sticking to the pan is to make sure the pan is well-oiled before adding the pot stickers. You can also use a non-stick pan or a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Another trick is to make sure the pot stickers have enough space between them in the pan and are not overcrowded. This will help them cook evenly and prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies