• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Potato Chowder Question

In summary, the conversation revolved around using the company's Himalayan Sea Salt in a chowder recipe and also discussing the $99 DCB special. Both parties had never used anything but the company's salt and shared tips on how to properly use it. The original poster also mentioned partially peeling potatoes for the chowder. The company representative encouraged the use of their salt and the purchase of the DCB as a bundle.
pctharper
Gold Member
Have you used our Himilyan Sea Salt in it instead of regular salt? Its a little corser than regular table salt and was just wondering how it would incorporate into the chowder. I saw a thread on the $99 DCB special and thought that would be a good thing to include in the bundle.

I've never used anything but our salt. Just set the grinder to the finest grind position by tightening the knob all the way.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never used anything but our salt. Just set the grinder to the finest grind position by tightening the knob all the way.

Me either.

I also partially peel the potatoes - leaving all the peel on is too much for us but some adds the texture.

BethCooks4U said:
Me either.

I also partially peel the potatoes - leaving all the peel on is too much for us but some adds the texture.

I do the same thing. I think it's because I use regular sized potatoes (not ones that are a lb. each!) and so there's more peel - but it just looks very unappetizing to me to have all that peel floating at the top of the soup - so I peel them part way.

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you're considering using our Himalayan Sea Salt in your chowder recipe. It's a great way to add a unique flavor and texture to your dish. The coarse texture of the salt will definitely add a nice crunch to your chowder. I haven't personally tried it in a chowder recipe, but I have used it in other dishes and it always adds a delicious touch. As for the $99 DCB special, that's a fantastic idea! The Deep Covered Baker is a must-have in any kitchen and would make a great addition to your bundle. Let me know how your chowder turns out with the Himalayan Sea Salt! Happy cooking!

1. What are the ingredients for Another Potato Chowder?

The ingredients for Another Potato Chowder include potatoes, bacon, onion, chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, and shredded cheddar cheese.

2. How long does it take to prepare Another Potato Chowder?

The preparation time for Another Potato Chowder is approximately 20 minutes, with an additional 30 minutes cooking time.

3. Can I make Another Potato Chowder in a slow cooker?

Yes, Another Potato Chowder can be made in a slow cooker. Simply follow the recipe instructions and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

4. Is this recipe vegetarian/vegan-friendly?

No, Another Potato Chowder contains bacon and chicken broth, making it unsuitable for vegetarians or vegans.

5. Can I substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth?

Yes, you can substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth in Another Potato Chowder for a vegetarian option. However, it may alter the overall flavor of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinforyou
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci