• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

anInteresting Development in Paige's Case

In summary, Frank Birgfeld has approached law enforcement, asking where the alleged "thousands of dollars" (in cash) went, that was supposedly in Paige's Grand Junction home. As you know, Paige operated several businesses, one in particular that we don't talk about anymore, that was a cash-basis business. CBS News reported in their 48 Hours Mystery story about Paige that large sums of cash were found hidden in her home. It is unknown where the missing money went. However, some people believe that it may have been used to pay bills or finance other business ventures. Frank Birgfeld wants to know where it is
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Paige's father, Frank Birgfeld, has approached law enforcement, asking where the alleged "thousands of dollars" (in cash) went, that was supposedly in Paige's Grand Junction home. As you know, Paige operated several businesses, one in particular that we don't talk about anymore, that was a cash-basis business. CBS News reported in their 48 Hours Mystery story about Paige that large sums of cash were found hidden in her home.

CBS News said:
"Sources have told '48 Hours' that investigators discovered a large amount of cash in Paige's home, tens of thousands of dollars ," the show alleged.

Frank Birgfeld wants to know where it is.

So do we.

The Denver Post broke the story earlier today. You can read it here:

Missing W. Slope woman's dad demands probe

"Unfounded Allegations"? How could it be unfounded if the media is reporting that it's true? Hmmmmm.....

Where is that money that the media says was found? Someone's not telling the truth.

Interesting...she's been on my mind this past week. Odd that something came up...

I thought her 2nd husband was the father of the kids...that 2nd article says Rob her 1st husband has custody! I don't blame her father! If there was no money, you know the Sheriff's department would have had a fit when the program was aired...almost 1 year ago!

Paige's second husband, Rob Dixon, is the father of her children. He was granted custody of the children and they live with him in Pennsylvania.

There has been enough pain and suffering; her family doesn't need this kind of additional stress. I hope they find the money and get it into a trust fund for the kids (versus passing it to their 'dad'....I have to use quotes to keep from choking.

legacypc46 said:
I have to use quotes to keep from choking.

As the old saying goes...anyone can be a father, it takes a special person to be a Dad. Ole RD doesn't fit the Dad word. I don't care if he is raising the children or not. "RD and missing money" not the first time these two words have appeared together in the same sentence.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope Frank and Susan can get some answers on something. Thanks for sharing this KG.

Interesting. I'm so happy that her parents are staying on top of this.

Janet - I was thinking about her the other day too. Actually, I was thinking about her children. I pray that they are doing well.

baychef said:
As the old saying goes...anyone can be a father, it takes a special person to be a Dad. Ole RD doesn't fit the Dad word. I don't care if he is raising the children or not. "RD and missing money" not the first time these two words have appeared together in the same sentence.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope Frank and Susan can get some answers on something. Thanks for sharing this KG.

I totally agree with you on those points!

Of all things for the family to have to worry about now... when that money could have been used to pay some bills, etc.

Our old friend, Paul Shockley, has weighed in on this, too. Paul is a reporter with the GJ Daily Sentinel.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/stories/2009/05/14/051509_2a_Birgfeld_letter.html

GJ Sentinel said:
By PAUL SHOCKLEY/The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mesa County Sheriff Stan Hilkey on Thursday said he welcomed FBI scrutiny of his agency’s handling of money evidence in the 2007 disappearance of Paige Birgfeld.

The Sheriff’s Department found itself scrambling after Birgfeld’s father, Frank Birgfeld, sent e-mails to several media outlets announcing he had asked the FBI’s Public Corruption Unit in Denver to investigate “missing money” in the investigation.

“I told (FBI), ‘Please look at this,’ ” Hilkey said. “We want to be as transparent as possible. We’ve got $50 seized from a lock box, which Frank already knew about. No other money has been seized in this investigation.”

At the crux of Frank Birgfeld’s complaints were reports aired last June on the CBS program “48 Hours.”

“Contained therein was a statement by an informant, described as a ‘contact close to the investigation,’ who reported ‘that investigators discovered a large amount of cash in Paige’s home — tens of thousands of dollars,” Birgfeld wrote. “It has been established that Paige operated with substantial amounts of cash not deposited into a bank account. The monies were very likely hidden in her Grand Junction residence.”

Hilkey on Thursday denied the “48 Hours” claims, as he did in a written response last September to Birgfeld.

“We don’t know how that made it into the ‘48 Hours’ piece,” Hilkey said.

Staff with “48 Hours” who were involved in the Birgfeld broadcast did not immediately return phone messages.

Paige Birgfeld, 34, was last heard from while driving back to Grand Junction the night of June 28, 2007, after spending the day near Eagle with her first husband, Howard Beigler of Aurora. Beigler and Birgfeld’s second husband, Rob Dixon, were publicly cleared by officials in October 2007 at the same time Pear Park mechanic Lester Ralph Jones was named a suspect.

No arrests have been made.

In Thursday’s letters from Frank Birgfeld, he said his purpose, in part, was to “order” Hilkey to turn over all evidence in the case to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Lance Clem, a spokesman with the Department of Public Safety, said state officials have no authority to remove criminal investigations from local jurisdictions.

“The sheriff would have to make that decision,” Clem said.

Frank Birgfeld also wrote a letter to the Colorado Attorney General’s Office asking for the appointment of a “special master” to move the evidence from the Sheriff’s Department to the CBI. Mike Saccone, spokesman for Attorney General John Suthers, said Suthers had responded to Birgfeld in writing prior to Thursday, saying the office had no legal authority to carry out the request.

Hilkey on Thursday said the Sheriff’s Department has one investigator still assigned to Paige Birgfeld’s case.

“If something were to come up, we could dedicate more resources,” he said. “Our people want this solved as bad as (Frank) does.”

In addition, the Denver Post updated yesterday's article early this morning.

Dad asks sheriff: "Where's cash?"

There are links on the page to past Denver Post articles on the case.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
In addition, the Denver Post updated yesterday's article early this morning.

Dad asks sheriff: "Where's cash?"

There are links on the page to past Denver Post articles on the case.
WARNING....
You may want to refrain from reading the ignorant and cruel comments resulting from this article.

VENT....
I often worry about the souls of many of the cruel comments made on not just this article but others I have read. Oh wait...they seem to be missing their soul so I guess I shouldn't worry. If someone is going to be so rotten then they should be forced to use their REAL name.

And PS...
Check RD's pockets and I bet they will find the money...probably not safe or sound!

1. What is the interesting development in Paige's case?

The interesting development in Paige's case is that a new witness has come forward with crucial information that could potentially change the outcome of the trial.

2. Can you share any details about this new witness?

Unfortunately, as the case is still ongoing, we are unable to disclose any information about the witness at this time.

3. How do you think this development will impact the case?

We are hopeful that this new information will help to strengthen Paige's defense and ultimately lead to a favorable outcome for her.

4. When can we expect to see the impact of this development in court?

The witness will be called to testify in court next week, so we should see the impact of this development shortly.

5. Is there anything the public can do to support Paige during this time?

At this time, the best way to support Paige is to respect her privacy and allow the legal process to unfold. We appreciate all the well wishes and support for her.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy