• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angry Wife Discovers DH Used Her Anti-Slip Pad for His Miniature Toy Collection

that thing not legal in the U.S.? They're not legal in the U.S. because they're considered a toy and not an educational toy like they are in other countries. They're also marketed towards children which is why they're not allowed.
kathijenkins
DH collects miniature toys from "Kinder Eggs"...not a big deal & takes up little space. While we were in the states, he picked up a small display case for one set...okay, great. I go upstairs to let him know I'm putting DS to bed & see he has set up his collection in the case...then it happens...I see a green anti-slip pad under them!:eek: So I ask where he got it...from the kitchen, on the corner of the counter.:eek::eek: He used my anti-slip pad for the 9x13 cutting board that's now retired!!!:mad::grumpy::mad: I asked him why...he says, "I thought it wasn't being used"...I had it set up on the counter because I use it so often!!!

I'm so mad right now I could scream, spit nails, push him down the stairs!!! Any idea how I can replace the thing? I already looked, it's not on the replacement parts list.:confused:

I may have one around or you can get a roll of the anti-slip grip stuff at the store easily around here.Someone could send you one overseas if you need.

You can go to any discount store and get the nonslip pads like that...I have them and use them to line my plates and glasses, it comes in a roll. They shouldn't be hard to find, good luck!

in the kitchen section of your local grocery store, look for the shelf mat liner. At a store that i work at (see other thread) we have it in many colors, besides green and you can use it in a variety of ways I think it is $3 for like 1 yard. (3 ft)

I'll probably have to have my parents send me some. Living overseas, it's sometimes hard to find the simple things because of limited supplies.

Allison- I really wish we had a WM here...I had a field day last month @ the one back home. :D

janetupnorth said:
I may have one around or you can get a roll of the anti-slip grip stuff at the store easily around here.

Someone could send you one overseas if you need.

Thanks Janet! :) I can't believe he did it!! Then was the ? "How was I supposed to know?" URGH!! When it doubt, ask!! MEN!!:grumpy:

I may still have mine too? If you need me to, I can look for it.

If he doesn't need the whole thing, you can just cut it. A smaller piece still serves the same purpose under the cutting board.

DebbieJ said:
If he doesn't need the whole thing, you can just cut it. A smaller piece still serves the same purpose under the cutting board.

He cut it in half...& now doesn't know what he did with the half he didn't use.:cry:

Ok, but the good news here is that he had the foresight to put a non slip pad under it so it didn't slip off and break all the eggs....pretty smart I'd say. Give me you address--I have about 4 rolls of the stuff from Target I will hapily mail you a piece. Kudos to your kiddo for thinking of this!!

Oh, and I know you are in Germany. I'll still mail it to you. No worries.

I would make him buy me a new style cutting board!!!

Ok, I now see that it was your DH and not your DS that used the mat--I AM laughing. Either way I will send you a new one. Let me know.

Just put a damp dishcloth or rag under the cutting board until you get it replaced it will serve the same purpose

use a hot pad trivet under it

ChefLoriG said:
use a hot pad trivet under it

I just use one of my hot pad/trivets under my cutting board...I lost my grip pad a long time ago and I always have one of those trivets handy.

So...would now be a bad time to ask what a "Kinder Egg" is?!?!

*ducks*

itsjustCarla said:
So...would now be a bad time to ask what a "Kinder Egg" is?!?!

*ducks*

Haha...no it's not a bad time to ask! :D It's a hollow chocolate "egg" that has a toy in a capsule inside...usually a small figure or vehicle that you have to build. They're really neat but illegal in the U.S.

Here's the link to the Canadian website: http://www.kindersurprise.com/home.html

Nanisu said:
Ok, I now see that it was your DH and not your DS that used the mat--I AM laughing. Either way I will send you a new one. Let me know.

LOL Thanks Nancy! It wouldn't have been so bad if DS had done it but DH should know better!!:D;)

kathijenkins said:
Haha...no it's not a bad time to ask! :D It's a hollow chocolate "egg" that has a toy in a capsule inside...usually a small figure or vehicle that you have to build. They're really neat but illegal in the U.S.
Here's the link to the Canadian website: http://www.kindersurprise.com/home.html

REALLY?? I did not know that!! Why is that??

PChefPEI said:
REALLY?? I did not know that!! Why is that??

Probably because people are so litigious they would sue if their child ate one of the pieces inside - even if the child was younger than the recommended age for the item.

Good point Ann.....it's early.....I should have thought of that!!

Just go to the BX they have some there with the shelf lining paper etc.

kathijenkins said:
I'll probably have to have my parents send me some. Living overseas, it's sometimes hard to find the simple things because of limited supplies.

Allison- I really wish we had a WM here...I had a field day last month @ the one back home. :D

What is an anti-slip pad?

An anti-slip pad is a type of mat or grip that is designed to prevent objects from sliding or slipping on a surface.

Why would someone use an anti-slip pad for their miniature toy collection?

An anti-slip pad can be helpful for keeping small and delicate objects, such as miniature toys, in place and preventing them from falling or getting damaged.

What is the problem with using an anti-slip pad for a miniature toy collection?

The problem is that the anti-slip pad is meant for practical use, not as a display or storage solution for collections. It is not designed to hold and protect small objects for an extended period of time.

How can using an anti-slip pad for a miniature toy collection be damaging?

The anti-slip pad may leave marks or residue on the toys, especially if they are made of delicate materials. It may also cause the toys to stick to the pad and become difficult to remove, potentially causing damage during removal.

What is a better solution for organizing and displaying a miniature toy collection?

A better solution would be to use specialized display cases or shelves designed specifically for miniature toys. These will provide proper support and protection for the collection without causing any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • pamperedlinda