• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Customers Find My Website Without Adding 'http'?

In summary, Carol tried to type in a letter wrong on her business cards and this prevented her from being able to access her website.
Humble Beginnings
I just got my website up last week. I ordered some business cards with the information however when I type it tells me page not found. I have to type the http: before it to work which is not on my cards. Are customers going to be able to find it? Did I miss something? Please let me know.

Last edited:
I don't know - I just tried it and got to your website fine!

I FOUND IT TOO! You're fine! Maybe clear your cookies? (Not that I know how to even do that) LOL!

Make sure u are doing .biz and not .com

I make that mistake sometimes on things when I just assume ".com"

clearing cookies isn't hard at all... Go to your start menu and click on the control panel and go to internet options and then go to general tab and under browsing history, click to delete all cookies- you may have to go advanced and pick what you want deleted. I don't like to delete my internet history because I like to know where I've been ...

HTH's

I cleared the cookies and still not working but since you were all able to access it, it must be something on my end, I'll keep playing with it. Thank you for checking and the advice!!

I got it to work too, here's a link if you'd like- then you can just put it in your favorites! :) LOL

Sorry- I TOTALLY forgot about that rule... Carol I got to your website, not sure why you can't...are you punching in a wrong letter or key???

Last edited:
pssst... take that down! And quick... :) Don't want the PC police getting after Carol! I know you're trying to help.. Maybe a PM or e-mail?

crystalscookingnow said:
pssst... take that down! And quick... :) Don't want the PC police getting after Carol! I know you're trying to help.. Maybe a PM or e-mail?

OOPS! So sorry I totally forgot about that rule! I took it down so that she doesn't get in trouble. I would be so sad if I got her in trouble.

Thank you for all the help, at least you can access it so I'm sure my customers will too I edited my original post too just to be safe. I'm still playing on my end to figure it out.

What could be causing my food to burn in the oven?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, make sure you are using the correct oven temperature and not accidentally setting it too high. Also, check the placement of your food in the oven and make sure it is not too close to the heating element. Another common culprit is using dark or non-stick pans, which can cause food to cook faster and potentially burn. Finally, it's important to regularly clean your oven to ensure proper heat distribution.

How can I prevent my food from sticking to the pan?

There are a few things you can do to prevent food from sticking to your pan. First, make sure you are using enough oil or butter to create a non-stick surface. You can also try using a non-stick cooking spray. Additionally, using the right type of pan for the type of food you are cooking can make a big difference. For example, using a non-stick pan for eggs or a cast iron skillet for searing meats can help prevent sticking.

Why do my cookies always come out flat?

Flat cookies can be caused by a few different factors. One common cause is using too much butter or sugar in the recipe, which can cause the cookies to spread too much during baking. Another possibility is that the dough was not chilled enough before baking. It's also important to use the correct oven temperature and not overmix the dough. Finally, make sure you are using the right type of flour for the recipe, as different types can affect the texture of the cookies.

How do I know when my meat is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure your meat is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Different types of meat have different recommended internal temperatures, so it's important to refer to a temperature guide for the specific type of meat you are cooking. Another method is to cut into the meat and check for any pinkness or signs of raw meat. Keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook after it is removed from the heat, so it's best to take it out a few degrees below the recommended temperature.

Why does my food taste bland?

There are a few reasons why your food may taste bland. First, make sure you are using enough seasoning and spices in your dish. It's always a good idea to taste as you go and adjust seasoning as needed. Another factor could be the quality and freshness of your ingredients. Using fresh herbs and high-quality spices can make a big difference in flavor. Finally, make sure you are not overcooking your food, as this can cause it to lose flavor and become dry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Poll
  • PamperchefJames
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperchefJames