• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Always Take Promo Items with You: My Lesson Learned!

In summary, Ann forgot to take her promotional materials with her to the bank and was forced to go to the post office to get some. She also has a lot of old catalogs and brochures that she can give out to people.
clshirk
Don't forget to take your books or promotional items out with you EVERY time you go somewhere! I learned my lesson today.

I needed to make a quick run to the bank this morning and I go to the bank 1-2 times a week to make PC deposits and I knew I'd be quick, so I didn't even take my son's diaper bag, where I usually have 1 catalog. Well, the teller decided to ask me about PC and how I liked it. Then proceeded to tell me she had a friend who she was trying to talk into a show- and asked for a card/book or something for a consultant- well, what do you know, I didn't have a thing in my car- I even tore open something I was taking to the post office to see if I had a book in there, but no dice. Luckily I live just 3 minutes from the bank so I took a quick detour to the post office and went home first and got a couple of books and a stack of business cards.

I won't get stuck out and about without a book again! I'd have hated it if I had been further from home when that happened.

But I wanted to remind everyone to make sure you're stocked for out of the house promotions.

Next time get her info and then send her a catty in the mail and follow up with a call to ask when she would like to book a show! :)

Good idea.

I guess I have to compare to my sister too sometimes- she sells for another business- Signature Homestyles- and she always has promotional stuff with her. You never run into her without something she can give out. When we go out to eat, under the tip she leaves promotional stuff for the waitress on how to be a SH consultant, etc... Plus she has a full time job and always has materials with her so she can mail out packets from work or give to anyone at work she sees (she works at a bank). So- I try to take tips from her.

But when the teller asked me...my mind went blank and all I could think of was that I was darned if I wasn't going to be capable of giving her something right then and there.

Have some extra door prize slips in your purse and have them fill it out and when is the best time to call them.

Ann R.

I have a bunch of old catalogs in my car too. So, if I am out of new ones I can give them an old one to stay "on their mind" until I get them the new one. The old ones have the saying on them that I got off here that is cute. Just another thought.

I am suppose to be getting business cards in the mail today.

jrstephens said:
I have a bunch of old catalogs in my car too. So, if I am out of new ones I can give them an old one to stay "on their mind" until I get them the new one. The old ones have the saying on them that I got off here that is cute. Just another thought.

I am suppose to be getting business cards in the mail today.

What is the saying?

Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some FREE.
If extra cash is what you need,
I can help you to succeed.

Name, phone, email, web address

Thanks for posting Ann! I was at lunch and just got back to check messages.

No problem! I didn't intend to step on any toes, but I was online and knew it, so....

Hope you had a good lunch!

chefann said:
No problem! I didn't intend to step on any toes, but I was online and knew it, so....

Hope you had a good lunch!

My toes aren't sore......whose did u step on? HA!:D

Ow! Ow! Ow!

Just kidding. :D

I forgot to mention that my whole foot is sore though b/c I stepped on a bumble bee Saturday while watering my plants!:eek: ha!:D

chefann said:
Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some FREE.
If extra cash is what you need,
I can help you to succeed.

Name, phone, email, web address

Thanks a bunch for that!:)

jrstephens said:
I forgot to mention that my whole foot is sore though b/c I stepped on a bumble bee Saturday while watering my plants!:eek: ha!:D
My heel is sore because I backed into a pile of pots and pans and hit the back of my foot on a metal cookie sheet (that I was throwing out)! Sorry for the hijack!

I try to keep at the very least cards on me so I can take down their info to call. Someone once told me to always get their contact info to not just give out a catty or anything.

AJPratt said:
My heel is sore because I backed into a pile of pots and pans and hit the back of my foot on a metal cookie sheet (that I was throwing out)! Sorry for the hijack!

This must have been BEFORE you got that awesome pot rack!!!:D

Sorry for the hijack, I will now let the topic progress!:eek:

I usually carry cards and catalogs/order forms with me. :eek:) I made 2 new contacts at the dog park last week - of all places. I usually give them a card or catalog and take their name and number telling them I will call them in a week or so to touch base - after they've had time to look at the catalog. Hopefully one of the gals from the dog park will book a show! :eek:) I just think people get busy and will forget - so I'll be the one to follow up!

Related to Always Take Promo Items with You: My Lesson Learned!

What are promo items?

Promo items are products or merchandise that have been branded with a company's logo or message and are used for marketing and advertising purposes. They are given away for free to customers or potential customers as a way to promote a company's brand and increase brand awareness.

Why is it important to always take promo items with you?

Taking promo items with you allows you to promote your company's brand and increase brand recognition in a cost-effective manner. It also serves as a form of advertisement, as the recipients of the promo items are likely to use or wear them in public, exposing your brand to a wider audience.

What types of promo items should I take with me?

The types of promo items you should take with you will depend on your target audience and the nature of your business. Some popular promo items include pens, water bottles, tote bags, and keychains. It is important to choose items that are useful and relevant to your target audience.

How many promo items should I take with me?

The number of promo items you should take with you will depend on the size of the event or gathering you are attending. It is always better to have more promo items than you think you will need, as it is better to run out than to have leftover items that will not be used.

Can promo items help increase sales?

Yes, promo items can help increase sales by creating a positive impression of your brand and keeping your company top of mind for potential customers. They can also serve as a reminder for past customers to return to your business. Additionally, promo items can be used as incentives or rewards for customers, which can encourage them to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcguyvt
  • Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jodyskitchen1
Replies