• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Alone on My 6th Anniversary - Being a Military Wife

In summary, the Military Wife is doing her best to keep the home fires burning while her husband is away. She is grateful for the support she receives.
princessmeshelle
well, i have a quiet minute kids are in bed it is 1:11 AM the day after my 6th wedding anniversary. and for the 3rd year in a row, i'm alone and no call. :cry: :cry: :cry: Happy Anniversary to me! i guess i'll be happy he isn't in the triangle of death this year. I love being a military wife sometimes! :rolleyes:

Big (((hugs)))

The joys of being a Military Wife! :rolleyes:

I'm sending <<<HUGS>>> your way, too. It's not an easy life. (The Furry Guy was a marine when I married him.) If it helps at all, we certainly appreciate the sacrifices you're making for us. Happy anniversary. May this be the last one that you spend outside of his arms.

Happy Anniversary....((((HUGS)))) Sorry you have to spend it alone. :( I'm sure he's thinking of you though!

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} I can only imagine how difficult it is to be alone during times when you truly want your DH around.

Awe shucks! That is terrible!! But being an Army wife, I know the hecticness of DH trying to get to a phone!

If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, email me! I am always looking for a "buddy" to learn on myself. Someone in the same boat, ya know?

I feel for you----xoxo

Happy anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary! Just so you know I am amazed by the strength of the woman who do this on their own while there husbands are overseas. And we appreciate the sacrifices you make.

raebates said:
I'm sending <<<HUGS>>> your way, too. It's not an easy life. (The Furry Guy was a marine when I married him.) If it helps at all, we certainly appreciate the sacrifices you're making for us. Happy anniversary. May this be the last one that you spend outside of his arms.

OH! if ONLY!!! i already know i'm not getting next year! we are coming up on another deployment and already know that the time they are "set" to leave and how long they "should" be staying i know that i won't get him next year either. its ok though. i'm just hoping that maybe they will push back departure just long enough for him to be home for our oldest's 3rd birthday. not counting on it but hoping anyway.

thank you everyone for the support. i really don't look at it as a sacrifice. it's my hubby's job and i married a soldier. when his country calls him away, he goes. it becomes my job to keep the home fires burning and keep it together. i knew that going in, so i refuse to complain routinely about it. it is that reason he says he got himself a good one. anyway, time to suck it up and drive on.
time for a nice hot bath after what feels like not stop running for the last month.

and thank you everyone again for the support!

Related to Alone on My 6th Anniversary - Being a Military Wife

1. How do you cope with being alone on your anniversary as a military wife?

As a military wife, it can be difficult to spend special occasions like anniversaries alone. To cope with this, I try to focus on the positive aspects of being a military spouse, such as the strength and resilience it takes to support my partner. I also make an effort to plan something special for myself, whether it's a spa day or a weekend trip, to celebrate my own strength and independence.

2. How do you maintain a strong relationship while being separated on your anniversary?

Communication is key in maintaining a strong relationship while being separated on an anniversary. My spouse and I make sure to schedule a video call or phone call on our special day, and we also send care packages and handwritten letters to each other. It's important to continue to show love and appreciation, even from a distance.

3. How can I support my spouse who is serving in the military on our anniversary?

One way to support your spouse on your anniversary is to send them a care package filled with their favorite treats, thoughtful gifts, and handwritten letters expressing your love and appreciation. You can also plan a surprise video call or send a special gift to their base. It's important to show your spouse that you are thinking of them and that you are proud of their service.

4. How do you deal with the disappointment of not being able to celebrate your anniversary together?

It's completely normal to feel disappointed about not being able to celebrate your anniversary together. To deal with this, I try to focus on the bigger picture and remember that our sacrifices are for a greater cause. I also make sure to plan a special celebration for when my spouse returns, to make up for not being able to celebrate on our actual anniversary.

5. How do you stay positive and stay connected with your spouse while being apart on your anniversary?

Staying positive and connected with your spouse while being apart on your anniversary takes effort and communication. I make an effort to send daily texts, photos, or videos to my spouse, reminding them of our love and the memories we've shared. I also make sure to stay busy and surround myself with a supportive community of other military spouses to help keep my spirits up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • JAE