• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Almost All Packed up and Ready!???

In summary, if you are bringing your travel-sized toiletries on as carry-on, you must have them in a clear, quart-sized bag. If you are bringing them in checked luggage, you must have them in a zip-top bag.
heat123
Silver Member
Umm ok, I just bought some travel size toothpaste, hairspray and lotion, if I have then in my purse and they check them at the check point can I bring them as carry on or will they just toss them out or make me put them through bag check ? If so I may just buy some more travel toiletries at the hotel to avoid any hassels:confused: I'd rather just carry on all my luggage!:rolleyes:

Put them in a zip top bag and you should be fine....check out the regs at the govt. website

I went to the TSA website, if your bringing it on as a carryon, then you must have things of 3qts or less, in a qt size ziplock back. if you need bigger sizes then put it into your checked luggage. here is the link to tell you more about it http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_updated_passenger_guidance.shtm

Liquids, gels, lotions or similar items in containers of 3.4 ounces/100 ml or less must fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag if in carry-on luggage. There is no volume limit to these items if they are in checked luggage.

If you put them in your carry-on luggage, you will need to remove the zip-top bag from your carry-on and place it on the conveyor when you pass through the security check.

mommyhugz1978 said:
then you must have things of 3qts or less, in a qt size ziplock back.

That's oz. By the way, your toothpaste must be a small tube that fits the regulations, not a big tube squeezed down to that approximate size.

I meant OZ... not qts.... I am tired here......

Great thanks for the info ladies! Now I just need to pack my snacks and I am all set to go!!!

BTW, what is the weather like in Chicago in July? Humid and hot? I only planned to bring a lighter sweater and a white denim jacket!? Hope it's not too chilly at night?

heat123 said:
Humid and hot? I only planned to bring a lighter sweater and a white denim jacket!? Hope it's not too chilly at night?

You guessed it! Your sweater or jacket will most likely come in handy on the plane and during your classes.

Hot and humid would sum it up really well!!! your sweater and jacket should be fine!!!

sorry but im so glad i dont have to fly to conference
and are u alittle excited heather? lol

Here in NE Indiana about 3 hours from Chicago, it has been VERY hot and it has NOT been cooling off in the evenings. So I wouldn't pack too many sweaters & such unless you want them for the plane or conference center.

heather9892 said:

Me too! :p It's just a 3 hour drive for us.

ME THREE!!!! I am so looking forward to this years confernce.....

heather9892 said:
I was actually packed like 2 months ago as soon as I registered and got new clothes from my b-day! LOL can ya tell I'm eager and excited for my 1st confrence!:D

Looking forward to meeting you in person Heather - and yes be prepared for hot and humid weather - although it could be cold and rainy as well (it can change on a dime!):)

They say that about Oregon too.... Give it five mins it will change!!! LOL

How funny, I thought Hawaii was the only place where it could be hot 1 min then raining literally the next!

I was actually packed like 2 months ago as soon as I registered and got new clothes from my b-day! LOL can ya tell I'm eager and excited for my 1st confrence!

roflmao
thanks needed that:D

Me too! It's just a 3 hour drive for us.
if we don't get stuck in traffic its a 45min drive, its the finding a parking space that will get us:eek: :mad:

I cant' wait to meet everyone!!! I am driving my DH nuts!!! LOL

heat123 said:
I was actually packed like 2 months ago as soon as I registered and got new clothes from my b-day! LOL can ya tell I'm eager and excited for my 1st confrence!:D
You're so cute, Heather!!:)

I've started gathering my things. I'm so excited I'm driving The Furry Guy a little crazy.

you know Rae you mentioned the furry guy before and I just didn't get it!:confused: Now I do! duh!:rolleyes:

Speaking of weather, in Spokane it can change on a dime! We always say here "don't like the weather? wait a few minutes it'll change!"
3 weeks ago it was 100 degrees on Sunday and then 2 days later we were almost ready to turn on the heater because it barely hit the mid 50's in the day and was almost to the 30's at night! Go figure! Our weather still can't make up it's mind! it's hot one day, medium the next, cool after that and then it'll change again the next day! yikes!:eek:

Whooo HOOO- Now I am all set :)! 12 Days and countin!

I'm gathering things as well. I've got my Chef Success button all ready to go!!!:D

Rae will have "ribbons" for CSers - don't forget to get your pink one from her!

Ann, now don't call me stupid, but.... what the heck are the ribbons for and the different colors?:confused: I just don't get it!:rolleyes:

We get real ribbons with our registration packs that identify leadership levels (Fut. Dir, Dir., etc.) and other milestones (career club, TPC). I though it would be cute to have similar ribbons for CSers. So I made some up that are based on star levels ("stripper", yellow, pink, and blue). I've got some for wave 1; Rae has wave 2, and Anne Pratt has Wave 3. We'll pass them out at the meet n greets. They attach to the buttons with tape.

So does that mean that I need to post like a crazy woman in the next couple days cause I'm really close to becoming a stripper! about another 140 or so posts! Then I can have a stripper ribbon!:D ;)

Okay here I go!!! I'm going to become obsessed with it now!:D

Oohh-- Cathy's the latest Post Slut!
JK :D

Dang, I aint been called a slut before!:D Well at least not in the 17 1/2 years I've been with my man! Wow! Wait until I tell him, He'll beg me to show him how bad I am!!!! :eek: :eek: LOL! ROTFLMBO!! J/K Sorry, I couldn't help it!:eek: :D

He'd probably appreciate it.

OK- picking my mind up out of the gutter now...

Do we need to request one from you Anne? I'm a pinky! :) I'd love to have 2 ribbons to wear around confrence (1st time attendee and pinky star)!

Dang, you people amaze me with the amount of posts you have!:eek:

I'll have the "ribbons" at the Wave 1 get-together. They're paper - I printed them at home. But they're cute. We'll get the joke, even if other people don't. :) There's no need to request a ribbon.

BUT- if you haven't ordered a button, now's the time to do so. I only have a few at home. Once they're gone, you'll have to order from Cafe Press. There's a sticky thread about the buttons.

I want a ribbon. But I am not a "star". :(

You only have 10 more posts to get your stripper star, Laura! Plenty of time before Conference!

ya, but I want a PINK one. LOL ;)

Hey, maybe if I don't sleep for the next 12 days... :p

Awe, thanks Ann! I need to choose a thread to "strip" on. LOL ;)

Watch out! Laura's going "Post Slut" on us!
<giggle>

hey!~ that's not fair! Laura has a lot less posting work to do then me!!! :eek: :D
I'm addicted now, this is the most posting I've ever done!!!! My kids are going to come tie me up and carry me away!!!:p :rolleyes: :D

I like that kissy smilie.

Oooh yes I will break out my emoties to make my sluttiness even more fun!
Or not. The image isnt working! :(

Ann, tell me about the button. I want one I think.

Julie

chefjwr said:

Julie
Go read the sticky at the top of conference 07 area, it's all about the conference buttons, it will tell you all about it!

Julie - they're round buttons with a chef's hat, and say "Chef Success." If you want one, PayPal me $2.25 to [email protected]. Make sure your street address is in the note so I know where to send it.

chefjwr said:

Julie
Go read the sticky at the top of conference 07 area "conference buttons, identify yourself", it's all about the conference buttons, it will tell you all about it!

And there are other things (like shirts) with the same logo at the Cafe Press shop in my signature.

<h2>1. Can I bring travel size toiletries in my carry-on bag?</h2><p>Yes, you can bring travel size toothpaste, hairspray, and lotion in your carry-on bag. These items must follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule, meaning they must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and all fit in a single 1 quart-sized clear plastic bag.</p><h2>2. Will my travel size toiletries be checked at the security checkpoint?</h2><p>It is possible that your toiletries may be checked at the security checkpoint. If they are, they will need to follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule and be easily accessible for inspection.</p><h2>3. What happens if my toiletries do not meet the TSA's 3-1-1 rule?</h2><p>If your toiletries do not meet the 3-1-1 rule, they will either be confiscated or you will be asked to put them through the bag check screening process. It is recommended to follow the rule to avoid any hassles or delays.</p><h2>4. Can I buy travel toiletries at the hotel instead?</h2><p>Yes, you can purchase travel toiletries at the hotel if you prefer. However, keep in mind that they may be more expensive than purchasing them beforehand and they may not have the specific brands or products you prefer.</p><h2>5. Is it possible to just carry on all of my luggage?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible to only have carry-on luggage. However, be sure that all of your bags meet the airline's size and weight restrictions to avoid any additional fees or having to check a bag at the gate.</p>

Related to Almost All Packed up and Ready!???

1. Can I bring travel size toiletries in my carry-on bag?

Yes, you can bring travel size toothpaste, hairspray, and lotion in your carry-on bag. These items must follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule, meaning they must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and all fit in a single 1 quart-sized clear plastic bag.

2. Will my travel size toiletries be checked at the security checkpoint?

It is possible that your toiletries may be checked at the security checkpoint. If they are, they will need to follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule and be easily accessible for inspection.

3. What happens if my toiletries do not meet the TSA's 3-1-1 rule?

If your toiletries do not meet the 3-1-1 rule, they will either be confiscated or you will be asked to put them through the bag check screening process. It is recommended to follow the rule to avoid any hassles or delays.

4. Can I buy travel toiletries at the hotel instead?

Yes, you can purchase travel toiletries at the hotel if you prefer. However, keep in mind that they may be more expensive than purchasing them beforehand and they may not have the specific brands or products you prefer.

5. Is it possible to just carry on all of my luggage?

Yes, it is possible to only have carry-on luggage. However, be sure that all of your bags meet the airline's size and weight restrictions to avoid any additional fees or having to check a bag at the gate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
princessmeshelle
  • MomToEli