• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Pull Off an Interactive Cooking Show with 13 Couples Tonight?

In summary, the show was a total disaster - mainly because the hosts new microwave wasn't working. The ribs didn't cook and the salsa was a hit. The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake was a big hit.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a show tonight - it's a couples show with 13 couples.........and I am doing a totally interactive show for the first time.
I usually involve guests in small ways - but tonight, partly because of the crowd, and partly because I am still not feeling great, I am having them do all the cooking. It is not a competition, I am just dividing them up into 4 groups - and each group will be responsible for one dish - 20 minute ribs, salsa and guacamole, mini pesto pizzas, and turtle fudge skillet cake........
In my mind, I have it all organized.....but not sure sure how to pull it off in reality. The host and his wife were at odds as to how much food to serve - he was really panicky that there wouldn't be enough food for the guys - which is why we ended up adding the ribs, and the cake. He is probably right - those pizzas are small, my DH can eat half a recipe of them by himself......:rolleyes:

Anyway - I'm a little nervous over handing over the cooking reins completely to the guests - my sales have been so much consultant driven - I can tell by looking at my top sell report - it's mostly stuff I talk about alot..........can you tell I'm a bit of a control freak!:blushing:

Okay - now that I have that off my chest - I'll go finish getting ready for this show!

Go Becky go! You'll do great! You can still talk about tools as they present their recipes or as they use them!

Did I mention I've never even done the 20 minute ribs before?:eek:

I'm feeling a little sick......:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
Did I mention I've never even done the 20 minute ribs before?:eek:

I'm feeling a little sick......:yuck:

I did them at home - piece of cake - you'll be fine...

Hey, I did your 30 minute chicken and garlic bites show Saturday with never having done the chicken in the baker before...turned out just fine!!!!

You could tell them that you picked a recipe you hadn't done before to show them how user friendly the recipes are. :)

Just make sure to have someone wash you family skillet and it will sell! I sold one host the 1/2 price combo simply because she washed my pan. She had resisited prior to that but it pushed her over the edge.

quiverfull7 said:
Just make sure to have someone wash you family skillet and it will sell! I sold one host the 1/2 price combo simply because she washed my pan. She had resisited prior to that but it pushed her over the edge.

I'm hoping that, once they have the products in their hands, and can see how great they are - they won't be able to resist! :p I tried to choose recipes that were simple (or at least looked simple!) but used a wide variety of products......I think the only product that will have to be shared tonight will be the chopper - and that will be for walnuts and pecans......I'm having guys do the Salsa with the salad chopper - because at the show this couple booked from, he couldn't keep his hands off the salad chopper!....or any of the knives for that matter - come to think of it, he cut himself on the boning knife......maybe I should bring band-aids with me!:D

Thanks guys - I'm feeling better - just a little momentary panic......you guys are great for encouraging!

You can definitely do this Becky and who knows? Perhaps you'll find it better than the way you were doing it? The products really will sell themselves and you may only have to interject here and there. Could be an easy evening! Keep your chin up and your humor high and you can't go wrong. ;)

Don't worry about the 20-minute ribs, either. They're easy and delicious! I predict that recipe will sell several DCB's and Grill Pans, especially if the guys start thinking about football parties.

You'll do great!

Morning After Update......A Night of Chaos! It was crazy.....and I was NOT in control - but people seemed to be having a lot of fun.

The Ribs were a bust...mainly because the hosts new "super-fast" microwave wasn't working.:eek: The guys doing the ribs kept pulling them out and checking them - and they just weren't getting done. They had put a double batch in....so wondered if that was the problem......until they let some of the women use the micro. to melt chocolate....and after 2 minutes, that wasn't melted either. So, ended up having to run downstairs and use the old microwave......the Ribs ended up not being done until everyone was leaving!

The big hit of the evening was the Salsa, done with the choppers, and the Mini Pesto Pizzas - we made a double batch of both, and it was all eaten. I sold ALOT of salad choppers, UM's, and Microplane Graters!

Sales right now are at $602, with a booking for February, but I think sales will definitely go higher - Some took catalogs with them, because they spent so much time socializing, they didn't have time to figure out their orders.....so we are scheduled to close on the 26th.

Glad it went well (mostly!). I keep talking about couples shows, but no one will host....I think it'd be fun!

Sounds like a success to me!

Sounds good - they will definitely understand the microwave issue! Took the "wow" out of it but the concept is still there...I have to admit I'm having a hard time keeping my DCB clean lately - I keep using it every night!

janetupnorth said:
Sounds good - they will definitely understand the microwave issue! Took the "wow" out of it but the concept is still there...

I have to admit I'm having a hard time keeping my DCB clean lately - I keep using it every night!

I need 2! Mine is always being packed for a show on the nights when I need it most! I get so excited when I don't have a show, and can actually use it at home. (it's the little joys......)

Sounds like a great show even when the DCB recipe didn't work. Did 13 couples really show up?
Oh, and now you know how I always seem to feel...never in control at my shows!

1. How can I combat nervousness before a cooking demonstration?

One way to combat nervousness is to practice your demonstration beforehand. This will help you feel more confident and prepared. It may also be helpful to take deep breaths and remind yourself that mistakes are okay and part of the learning process.

2. What can I do if I forget a step or ingredient during my demonstration?

If you forget a step or ingredient, simply stay calm and continue on with the demonstration. You can always go back and address the missed step or ingredient at the end. Alternatively, you can ask for help from the audience or a fellow consultant.

3. How can I engage my audience and keep them interested during a demonstration?

One way to engage your audience is to ask them questions and encourage participation. You can also share personal stories or tips related to the products you are demonstrating. Keeping a lively and enthusiastic presentation can also help keep their attention.

4. What should I do if a product or ingredient is not cooperating during my demonstration?

If a product or ingredient is not cooperating, try your best to improvise and continue with the demonstration. You can also use this as a teaching moment by explaining to your audience how to troubleshoot or fix the issue. If necessary, you can also have a backup plan or alternative product on hand.

5. How can I make sure my demonstration runs smoothly and efficiently?

To ensure a smooth and efficient demonstration, it is important to be organized and prepared beforehand. Have all your ingredients and tools ready and easily accessible. Practice your demonstration and have a clear outline of the steps you will be taking. It is also helpful to have a helper or assistant to help with tasks such as passing out samples or cleaning up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
laylaleigh
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hmolah