• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?

In summary, the author was reading about a wildfire in Alaska and was worried for their friend's safety. They were worried until they found out that the fires were not near their friend. The author also sends good thoughts their way.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Hey Gillian (or anyone who knows her.....), I was just reading about the wildfire in Alaska. Hope you are not in that area and that you and your family are safe. Check-in and let us know.

I haven't heard anything about this. I hope everyone is OK!

Wow, I haven't heard about that either. I hope all is well too!

The fires are in the Ankorage & peninsula area, is that near her? I guess I could look it up on a map.....

I think that's a way's from her....if I remember correctly from when my uncle lived in Wasilla, it's north of Anchorage...

Yes it is and the fires are south of Anchorage. I called my dad last night to make sure they aren't on fire and he didn't even know why I was calling. They live in Anchorage, and have a place in Wasilla.

I just found this thread- sorry!! I am okay! I am pretty close to the smaller fire, but the larger fire is 3 hours away. There are no fires in Anchorage and they are even north of Wasilla. The worst part is the smoke in the air and I can't go outside because Baylor's lungs can't handle the smoke. It is finally getting clearer out, but Baylor's doc told me to be very conservative about going outside.

My parents are building a brand new house really close to the fire but it would have to jump a large river to get to them, so hopefully that won't happen. Thanks for worrying about me :D!

I will send good thoughts your way, Gillian--and for everyone who has been affected by the fire. We went through this when I was a child and it was scary. You could see the flames from the house.

Glad to hear you'r a-okay:D

Thanks for checking in Gillian. Glad you are not in harms way and hope your parents will be fine too. Take care of yourself and that baby. It's amazing how far smoke can travel, I live just outside of Atlanta and we were getting smoke from the north Florida fires last month, not fun. Take care!

Related to Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?

1. What is "Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?"

"Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?" is a cookbook written by Gillian Herbert that features recipes inspired by the flavors and ingredients of Alaska.

2. Are the recipes in "Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy for home cooks to follow, with clear instructions and simple ingredients.

3. Are there any specific dietary restrictions catered to in "Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?"

Yes, this cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options.

4. Can I find traditional Alaskan dishes in "Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?"

Yes, Gillian Herbert includes traditional Alaskan dishes in her cookbook, such as salmon dishes and recipes featuring local wild berries.

5. Is "Alaskan Fires.....gillian Where Are You?" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Absolutely! This cookbook is suitable for all levels of cooking experience, including beginners. The recipes are easy to follow and require basic cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies