• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Florida Fires: Massive Blazes Ravage County, Evacuations Underway | WFTV News

In summary, the county is having mass fires and some of Kristi's friends have been evacuated. Kristi is trying to stay safe and has been keeping in touch with her.
KaryCam said:
It is going on other places in Florida though just not as big.

The one in the town just south of me has been going on for a couple days but is pretty much contained, just watching for flare ups. The one in the next county has been going on for almost a week with contninual flare ups.
These though were either natural or accidental.
I remember last year and how bad it got. You could smell smoke in the air for over a month and it was from big fires all over Florida.

We are deffinately praying for rain.

Where in FL are you Karynne?

Glad to hear from you Kristi and so happy that your friend's house is fine. I know I would be devestated if I lost my home! Keep safe and keep checking in with us.

janetupnorth said:
Oops - posts crossed - glad you are still doing well.

...and as a firefighter I hope they catch this person REALLY soon!

There is no reason to destroy property and endanger civilian and firefighter/EMS personnel lives!!!!

I'd have a few words to say to the idiots, but I don't use that language...just send them to Carolyn, she'll fill them in for me... ;) Especially during PMS week - right Carolyn?????

**** yeah!!
I have lots of words to describe that ******* *******er *** **** ******ing ******

dannyzmom said:
**** yeah!!
I have lots of words to describe that ******* *******er *** **** ******ing ******
You post looks like if read aloud, it would sound like some segments on the trashy talk shows that are constant bleep. :D

ROTFL! Carolyn, I almost could make it out, I don't know the exact words but I know the meaning!! Ughhh! I just don't get people! I can't understand how people can get that messed up that they hurt people intensionally! (sp?) I live real close to Coeur d'Alene, ID, where those kids were abducted 2-3 years ago, after that creep Joseph Duncan went in and slaughtered their family and then abused those kids in every way posslbe and then burnt one of the kids alive, and only one, the girl, survived. It stunned this community and it sickens me to think that scum like that walk this earth! We are still out here dealing with his trial.... he confessed, to me there should be no trial, just do what he did to them and burn him alive... an eye for an eye! Yikes, I need to stop.... I'm getting myself all worked up.:mad:

Kristi, I'm glad your friends house is okay! Thank God! I will continue to pray for you!:angel: ;) :)

You guys are too funny! Thanks Carolyn!!
Cathy, I haven't hear that story, would you mind posting it for me? I agree an eye for an eye. I loved that movie by the way!

I have a couple pics of Kasey's house to share with you:

Side of Kasey's house, look how close it is:
Kaseyspic.jpg

Transformer behind her house
Kasey-transformernopole.jpg

Melted blinds in girls room
Meltedblinds.jpg

Backyard by kids playground
Sideofhouse.jpg

Thank Goodness you're OK! This morning it made National TV & I think I read they might have the person who did it...thats the last I read.

fires
dannyzmom said:
Where in FL are you Karynne?

I'm in Sarasota county, on the Gulf Coast.

I've seen quite a few wildfires, but that is still just eery looking.

OMG Kristi! I had no idea! I don't know how I missed this post either...I'm so glad you and Kacey are safe. Your pictures are amazing...how close the fires got to the structures:eek: , yet saved! Yeah! :D

Kitchen2u said:
OMG Kristi! I had no idea! I don't know how I missed this post either...I'm so glad you and Kacey are safe. Your pictures are amazing...how close the fires got to the structures:eek: , yet saved! Yeah! :D
I know! I'm going to jump in the shower and THEN go to Kasey's house with her. I hear it's crazy to go see in person and I'm ready.

I'll take my camera. Thank God it's not in my backyard, literally.

Last edited:
PampMomof3 said:
I know! I'm going to jump in the shower and go to Kasey's house with her. I hear it's crazy to go see in person and I'm ready.

I'll take my camera. Thank God it's not in my backyard, literally.

Ok, I had to reread this twice... :p

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I had to reread this twice... :p

You're funny! :)

PampMomof3 said:
You're funny! :)

Well, I figured your door didn't swing both ways so I had to reread it to get it straight...that's what I get for jumping on CS after a long day with only 10 minutes all day to breath!

OMG!!:eek: That's too funny! I changed b/c of all your minds being in the gutter! ;) :p :blushing:

PampMomof3 said:
OMG!!:eek: That's too funny! I changed b/c of all your minds being in the gutter! ;) :p :blushing:

Shower, gutter, what's the difference?

Stay safe down there!

I spent the last two days on the road so no access to CS. Kristi, prayers are going your way to you and everyone in FL (except for that &*$#()@!)$~!"_+ who they caught that set it. I bet the police let that puppy get a taste of him first before they called him off!! Dogs like the taste of chicken!)

My Mom and I were so frustrated because the national news did not show a very good map of what areas were affected. Her sister lives in Lake Wales and although we know she is more inland away from I-95, we still worry. (the year FL was hammered with hurricanes, she went through almost all of them)

So glad to hear you are ok. Your pictures are very sad. When you hear it on the national news and hear from someone who is living the nightmare, it is much different.

Hey, quit showering with other women and stay safe ok? I guess that is one way of staying out of the fire flames!!!:D :D

Wow those pictures almost don''t seem real! I am glad everyone is OK. I am really blown away by those pics............

janetupnorth said:
Shower, gutter, what's the difference?

Stay safe down there!

LOL!! Youre right!! I'll have to remember that!

Wow. Those pictures leave me speechless.More prayers being said.

Kristi, My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. That is so absolutely terrible. The pictures are horrid. But AMAZING fire- fighters down there. To JUST save your friends house, that is so awesome of them. And so lucky for all of you. I am glad you and yours are okay. Best of luck!!

katie0128 said:
Kristis was just thinking of others and trying to conserve water for the firefighters to use! How unselfish of her!

Hahha!! That's right! We are trying to conserve water for the firefighters!!

pampered.chris said:
Kristi, My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. That is so absolutely terrible. The pictures are horrid. But AMAZING fire- fighters down there. To JUST save your friends house, that is so awesome of them. And so lucky for all of you. I am glad you and yours are okay. Best of luck!!

Thank you! The firefighters have done an amazing job and so has all the amazing emergency personnel. We've had electrical trucks here from Alabama, Jacksonville and other places to get us back up to normal capacity again. Both of my girlfriends pics (whos' houses were saved) got power back last night so they're stoked! It smells bad in their house but it feels good to get some things back to normal.

Schools are also back in session today so that's good too!! I have a show tonight,tomorrow and Saturday. The one for tonight and tomorrow is still on but I'm not sure about Saturday's since she's in Palm Bay. I only need $1k to reach my $100k in sales so I'm really hoping to meet and exceed that this week!! We'll see how much people are wanting to spend with all of this going on.

I hope you meet your goal; they may want to get out & do something fun...have something happy on their minds!
Are they taming the fires, or are they still moving closer to you?

They are taming them and from what I understand, Kasey's street is still the MAJOR hot spot. When they found a suspect yesterday, the cops said he just started another fire and get this-2 streets AWAY from me! Too close for comfort for me! It was only able to burn a 10 x 10 amount of brush. Thank you AWESOME FIREFIGHTERS!!!

PampMomof3 said:
When they found a suspect yesterday, the cops said he just started another fire and get this-2 streets AWAY from me!

I hope it's the right person ~ Throw them in the slammer, lose the key and bill him for all the emergency expenses!

Kitchen2u said:
I hope it's the right person ~ Throw them in the slammer, lose the key and bill him for all the emergency expenses!

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that it would take more in court costs to sue the guy than he has in assets that could be acquired. I think he should have to help clean everything up and rebuild what was destroyed.

Wow, Kristi, those pictures were just amazing!! I'm so glad your friend's house was ok. That is WAY too close for comfort. I'm so glad they've arrested someone. I hope everyone stays safe!

I am glad you are safe and your friends houses were saved. Just a thought maybe you and your kids could bring some food the the local fire station as a thank you for all there hard work. Around 9/11 each year I like to take my son to the fire dept. and bring muffins or something as a thank you for all they do.

Michelle

Chef Michelle D said:
I am glad you are safe and your friends houses were saved. Just a thought maybe you and your kids could bring some food the the local fire station as a thank you for all there hard work. Around 9/11 each year I like to take my son to the fire dept. and bring muffins or something as a thank you for all they do.

Michelle

That is such a GREAT idea!! I bet you that if even just a few people could make dishes and take them down to the firehall, it would really be great for the firefighters to help them know just how appreciated they are. They have done such a great job.
My dad and brother are firefighters and I know that each and every firefighter takes it to heart and looks at each fire as if it were their home. They work endlessly and try so hard to save anything they can. They are such selfless workers. I know that they LOVE when people show thier appreciation for the work that they do!

Also, I would say if you can do it while they are still fighting fires, it would even better. If they get a chance to break at the station it may be the ONLY break they are getting and it is VERY tiring to be fighting the fires all day...something light and cool and refreshing would be welcome to them.

Thanks guys! We're going this week to deliver something to them. Any thoughts on what I should make?

Pecan Tassies!!! Everybody LOVES Pecan Tassies!!!:chef:

Ginger428 said:
Pecan Tassies!!! Everybody LOVES Pecan Tassies!!!:chef:

Do you know that I've NEVER made them? NEVER!! I guess I should b/c I LOVE pecans!!:love:

ANyone else?

PampMomof3 said:
Do you know that I've NEVER made them? NEVER!! I guess I should b/c I LOVE pecans!!:love:

ANyone else?
I have made them and they are good. But.......do NOT overload the filling! You know how we tend to think that more of a good thing is better....well, if you add more to these they will stick like glue to the pan! It's very tempting, but don't do it.

pamperedlinda said:
I have made them and they are good. But.......do NOT overload the filling! You know how we tend to think that more of a good thing is better....well, if you add more to these they will stick like glue to the pan! It's very tempting, but don't do it.

BAhahahahahha!
I was just going to type the same thing -- I made them last fall for a pary I was having in my home and they stuck like crazy!! It was hilarious!

Carolyn, aside form the fact that you are a skinny-mini, brunette, and jewish...And, I am not skinny-mini, brunette or jewish......I'd swear that we were seperated at birth! LMAO!!

pamperedlinda said:
Carolyn, aside form the fact that you are a skinny-mini, brunette, and jewish...And, I am not skinny-mini, brunette or jewish......I'd swear that we were seperated at birth! LMAO!!
That is too funny Linda! I often think the same thing when Becky D types something! ...and then Kelly and I share a birthday so that brings up even more "issues"! LOL!

I know what you mean Janet - Becky D and I have a lot in common too - and Kelly -well, she's just a sweetie! (and I didn't type that just b/c I know they will read it!) It's so funny how many of us have formed bonds with others here.

pamperedlinda said:

I have said this same thing more times than I can tell you...my husband even knows your name because I am always mentioning you and how we are always on the same wave-length - LOL

Oh geeze - now I'm all misty eyed! It was the zebra skin that did it - right? I hope to meet you one of these days.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh geeze - now I'm all misty eyed! It was the zebra skin that did it - right? I hope to meet you one of these days.

I'm tellin' ya - that was the clincher! LOL

It's rainingIt's 6am and it's raining!!:)

We've had fires the last 3 days that have shut down the interstate for hours each day.

Don't know how long the rain will last and how long it will be until we get more, but I so thankful for this blessing. Just don't want any lightning.

I hope it rains all day for you!

Yeah rain!
Kristi, I was thinking about you yesterday & wondering if the fires are out yet.

YES RAIN!! It's only drizzled here but I'm not complaining!!! :)

The fires are mostly out but one was purposely set yesterday! UGH!!! Can you say copy cat?

PampMomof3 said:
YES RAIN!! It's only drizzled here but I'm not complaining!!! :)

The fires are mostly out but one was purposely set yesterday! UGH!!! Can you say copy cat?

Copy cat...what is going on with these people? Is this their 15 minutes of fame? Makes ya wanna do something dumb back to them like, light their shorts on fire and tell them...I just want to be famous!!!:eek:

Hopefully they will catch this jerk too! Take care and glad to hear you are doing ok.

<h2>1. What is the current situation with the fires in your county?</h2><p>As of now, there are multiple massive fires raging in our county. Some areas have been evacuated and others are on standby for potential evacuation.</p><h2>2. Have any areas been evacuated due to the fires?</h2><p>Yes, some areas have been evacuated as a precautionary measure. One of our team members has been evacuated twice due to the fires.</p><h2>3. Is there any indication of the cause of the fires?</h2><p>Unfortunately, it has been reported that the fires may be the result of arson. This is a devastating and dangerous act that puts many lives and homes at risk.</p><h2>4. How can we help those affected by the fires?</h2><p>The best way to help is by keeping those affected by the fires in your thoughts and prayers. Additionally, you can donate to local relief efforts or offer assistance to those in need.</p><h2>5. Are there any updates on the status of the fires?</h2><p>The situation is constantly changing, so it is important to stay updated through local news sources. As of now, the fires are still raging and residents are advised to stay vigilant and prepared for potential evacuation.</p>

1. What is the current situation with the fires in your county?

As of now, there are multiple massive fires raging in our county. Some areas have been evacuated and others are on standby for potential evacuation.

2. Have any areas been evacuated due to the fires?

Yes, some areas have been evacuated as a precautionary measure. One of our team members has been evacuated twice due to the fires.

3. Is there any indication of the cause of the fires?

Unfortunately, it has been reported that the fires may be the result of arson. This is a devastating and dangerous act that puts many lives and homes at risk.

4. How can we help those affected by the fires?

The best way to help is by keeping those affected by the fires in your thoughts and prayers. Additionally, you can donate to local relief efforts or offer assistance to those in need.

5. Are there any updates on the status of the fires?

The situation is constantly changing, so it is important to stay updated through local news sources. As of now, the fires are still raging and residents are advised to stay vigilant and prepared for potential evacuation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pamperedpals