• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice, Please...how Do I Get Started Back?

In summary, due to health problems that I was having, I let my new Pampered Chef business drop. I just signed in May and went inactive this month. I have not shared any of this with my recruiter or director, but here goes... I had a complete hysterectomy over two surgeries a little over a year ago. I was given a hormone patch and told that would take care of things. Well, it didn't. It seemed to have stopped working about June. I
MaryLou
Due to health problems that I was having I let my *new* Pampered Chef business drop. I just signed in May and I went inactive this month.

I haven't shared any of this with my recruiter or director, but here goes...
I had a complete hysterectomy over two surgeries a little over a year ago. I was given a hormone patch and told that would take care of things. Well, it didn't. It seemed to have stopped working about June. I have gone through depression, anxiety, and a basic inability to keep to task. My latest is the discovery of high blood pressure, which is unrelated, but somewhat due to stress. Today, I met with my dr. and she is trying to help me correct all these issues.

I now want to start back...I need to turn this around...where do I start? I am embarrassed to call my director and my recruitor.:(

Oh Mary - First off - I hope you are feeling better! Now, don't be embarrassed - the beauty of this business is the flexiblity!

Start just like you did in May. Reach out to family and friends, call past host and customers and check in on them - tell them the new fall line is out and the specials are Amazing - Sell your love for the business and the rest will follow - good luck and keep us posted!

Take care of yourself - first!!!!!

Check & see if you can do a retroactive sales waiver so that you don't lose your career sales & stuff. It may not be worth it (it costs $25), but it might. Like Dor said, start just like you did in May. :)

Welcome back!

You can re-start with:

1) Re-creating your NEW List of 100 again...and start calling (not emailing, not sending postcards) CALLING!
2) Wearing PC wear and talk to people when you're in lines.
3) Drop old catalogs with your info at various waiting rooms (doctor, dentist, car dealership, etc)
3) Carry mini catalogs and prize drawing slips (DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT, give out current catalogs without getting their info so you can FOLLOW-UP
4) Go back to your WHY ~ why did you start...get back to basics...GET EXCITED AGAIN. Excitement is contagious!

On the health issue...I had a total hysterectomy back in '99. Best thing I ever did other than marrying my DH (27 years agao Oct 10!!!) and having my two wonderful children. I, too, was put on a hormone patch. It DID increase my blood pressure and other things. Not proven, but they speculate the patch played a part in my heart attack in '03. A combination of the hormone therapy, high blood pressure, sleep apnea (un-diagnosed at the time) ~ a combination of these things were instrumental to me having the heart attack. Shortly after, the Pharmaceutical company (I was using their hormone replacement therapy HRT) sent out warnings.

Now, I'm doing AWESOME since I switched to a estrogen ring (E-Ring) ~ ask your doctor if this would be something that would work for you. Good luck...you can always PM me if you have questions you don't want to post here...

Hang in there. Do all Ginny suggested! You can do it! Think positive!

Mary, I don't have anything to add to the good advice that's already been posted. Know that you will be in my prayers. Follow your doctor's orders. Get plenty of rest and exercise. Eat well. You will get through this.

Have your own show. Do a mystery host show and tell asks past hosts or good customers to commit to getting at least $100 in sales. When you call them, invite them to have a show and if they aren't interested then invite them to do the mystery host thing with you. 10 hosts with $100 in sales equals a $1000 show. That's $200 in free product. I would give everyone free product and offer to let them use the 30% off on one item. I'm doing this in November.

Don't be embarrassed to go to your director. You have had legitimate health issues, and I am sure she will understand that and be thrilled to be able to help you now that you are feeling better.

I just got back in myself. I just had a baby in July and the last show I did was right after I got pregnant. So I had an Open House this past weekend at my house. I invited everyone I know, including past hosts. I said I was really excited to be getting back in just in time for all the great holiday stuff..yaddie yada. I got all my friends and family to book to help me out. SoI basically started all over from scratch, excpet I have new contacts to add, past host whom I already know are interested in PC.

You will do fine! And don't be afraid to ask for help from your director, the encouragement will help you get back in the game mentally.

Definitely call your recruiter and director. Tell them that you want to get going again and ask if you can get some fall catalogs from them, otherwise just put in a supply order. You can download all the other things you need from CC - outside order forms, monthly specials...

IMHO they should have checked in with you to find out how they could help you before this but I don't know the situation there. They will be glad to hear from you and will help you. If you don't feel comfortable sharing why you went inactive don't say anything - just tell them you are ready to get going now.

The advice here was really good too!

1. How can I get motivated to start using my Pampered Chef products again?

One way to get motivated is to set a goal for yourself, such as trying out a new recipe every week. You can also join online communities or attend in-person parties to get inspiration from other Pampered Chef users.

2. I've taken a break from using my Pampered Chef products, where do I start?

Start by organizing your products and taking inventory of what you have. Then, browse through recipes and choose a few to try out. Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun in the kitchen!

3. How can I incorporate my Pampered Chef products into my everyday cooking?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking easier and more efficient. Look for recipes that utilize your products, or simply use them as tools to make everyday tasks like chopping and mixing easier.

4. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of Pampered Chef products I have, where do I begin?

Start by picking one product to focus on and try out a few recipes using that product. This will help you get comfortable using it and you can gradually incorporate more products into your cooking routine.

5. How can I stay organized and keep track of my Pampered Chef products?

Consider creating a designated space in your kitchen for your Pampered Chef products, such as a cabinet or shelf. You can also use our free app, "My Kitchen Tools," to keep track of your products and access recipes on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies