• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adjustment/Exchange on Discontinued Product?

I just called HO and they said that I can exchange my cup for the Measuring Cup Set for the same price that I originally paid! Woo hoo!
kdangel518
Gold Member
I purchased an Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup on my kit enhancement in April and I noticed tonight the base has cracked (I heard after I purchased it that this was a common issue with it...)

So, a few questions:

- What does HO do when someone needs to do an adjustment on a discontinued item? I'm assuming there's a chance they still have some in stock, since this was only discontinued at the end of last season. If they don't have any in stock, what would they replace it with?

- I honestly don't want another Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup, I'd prefer to just exchange it for the new Measuring Cup Set at this point since A) As much as I love the Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon I have been less than impressed with the cup, B) I have a feeling I'm going to end up with another cracked base, and C) The darned thing is discontinued and if possible I'd rather have a current item instead that I can actually use at my shows!

Do you think I can return this and get the Measuring Cup Set instead? If so, I'm assuming I will get credited what I paid for the EAMC but get my regular discount on the new Measuring Cup Set?

Sorry for all the questions, I would just like to be prepared with a game plan when I call HO tomorrow! Thanks! :chef:

I think it depends on the item and whether HO has any of the previous item on hand. Since you are a consultant, I would explain to them what you just said, and hopefully they'll let you upgrade.

Thanks Noora! I figured I'd have to walk through the situation with them anyway :) Just curious if anyone else had experience with this previously.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask but I can almost guarantee that they will exchange it for the same thing. I have had mine from the start and it is perfect except some of the markings are wearing off. It's not bad to use discontinued items - if you have a website it gives you a reason to talk about the outlet and it gives you a chance to say that some things are upgraded or changed but the originals are still great products (but then you personally don't seem to think that about this one...) or you can use it in your kitchen or give the new one as a gift or door prize.

I know they will not let you exchange it for a new item from a different catalog. Because they were not available at the same time.

BethCooks4U said:
It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask but I can almost guarantee that they will exchange it for the same thing. I have had mine from the start and it is perfect except some of the markings are wearing off. It's not bad to use discontinued items - if you have a website it gives you a reason to talk about the outlet and it gives you a chance to say that some things are upgraded or changed but the originals are still great products (but then you personally don't seem to think that about this one...) or you can use it in your kitchen or give the new one as a gift or door prize.

That is probably what I will do!! Thanks Beth! Haven't called them yet, but I will keep you all updated on what happens!

wadesgirl had it right! They did in fact allow me to exchange it but as she said it had to be for something that was in that same catalog- no new items. That's ok, because I've been needing a ladle for shows that I've been making the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder at, so I ordered that as my replacement product. There was a difference of $2.50 which they are crediting to the account which my PC debit card is tied to, just have to send in the EAMC tomorrow!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us about your Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup. I'm sorry to hear that the base has cracked, as I know how frustrating that can be. Our HO team is always happy to help with adjustments or exchanges on discontinued products.In this case, since the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup was only discontinued last season, there is a chance that we may still have some in stock. If not, our HO team will work with you to find a suitable replacement. We always want our consultants to have products that they can use and showcase at their shows, so we will do our best to accommodate your needs.In regards to exchanging for the Measuring Cup Set, that may be possible depending on availability. Our HO team will be able to provide more information and assist you with the exchange process. They will also be able to provide information on any credits or discounts that may apply.I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our HO team for assistance. They are always happy to help resolve any product issues or concerns. Thank you for being a valued consultant with Pampered Chef! :chef:

What is the process for making an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product?

To make an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-525-7267. They will assist you in finding a suitable replacement product or providing a refund or store credit.

Can I still make an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product even if I no longer have the receipt?

Yes, our customer service team can still assist you in making an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product even without a receipt. They may ask for other information, such as the date of purchase or the credit card used, to verify the purchase.

What if the discontinued product I received is damaged or defective?

If the discontinued product you received is damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will arrange for a replacement or refund for the product.

Is there a time limit for making an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product?

There is no specific time limit for making an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product. However, we recommend contacting our customer service team as soon as possible to ensure the availability of a suitable replacement product.

Can I still make an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product if I purchased it from a consultant instead of the website?

Yes, you can still make an adjustment or exchange on a discontinued product purchased from a consultant. Please reach out to your consultant for assistance, or contact our customer service team for further instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mom2KL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • krzymomof4