• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weird New Friendliness: What's Going On?

In summary, the conversation is about a woman who has suddenly started behaving friendly and is emailing to chat about DC, congratulating the speaker on the growth of their team, and asking about a recent meeting. The speaker's upline may have talked to her about her behavior and the speaker is advised to stay strong and not invite her back into their meetings. There is speculation that she may be bipolar and that she may be asking for something from the speaker. The speaker's son and the woman's son get along well and they may run into each other at events in DC. There is also a suggestion to have the woman train a new downline consultant.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
She's been all friendly all-of-a-sudden.
Emailing to chat about DC, congratulating me on the growth of my team, asking how my meeting went, etc.
Weird weird...

Someone in your upline must have talked to her about the fact that you are her asset and she better change her ways. Don't invite her back into your meetings! Be strong girl!

...I know you will treat her well. You're too nice. But don't let this trick you into submission.

It always sounded like she was a manipulative emaotional roller coaster. I guess it is "high" time.
Stay strong!

Yeah - I am guessing she had a come-to-Jesus talk from our NED and she probably had her meds adjusted as well.

STILL KEEPING MY MEETINGS SEPARATE FOR SURE!

Is she bipolar?

Wow....stay away, stay far away....

What Deb said...

She sounds a lot like my brother who has been diagnosed with bipolarism. He will take his meds for a while and then feels good enough to go off them which usually turns into a huge high for a day or two and then an extremely low for about a week. I love him, but I can't be around him unless he is on his meds. :(

Count me a cynic, but I bet she's going to be asking you for something soon.

I'm with everyone else: stay away...far away. (Especially while in DC...it's supposed to be fun after all!)

legacypc46 said:
Count me a cynic, but I bet she's going to be asking you for something soon.

That was my initial thought too!!!!

Geez, it's like you want to be nice in return but listen to us all and.......

STAY FAR AWAY!!!​

She wants something from you.....

pamperedlinda said:
She wants something from you.....

I think she just wants to be able to hang out together in DC. Our sons get along well. I know mine has been asking if her son is going to be there in DC. I am sure hers has been asking the same. We are tied up with family obligations the first two days there and will probably only run into her and her family at the breakfasts and other events.

How about having her train your new downline consultant mentioned on another thread:D:D:D:D

baychef said:
How about having her train your new downline consultant mentioned on another thread:D:D:D:D

Ooooooh...now, I like the sound of that!!! LOL
Poetic justice LOL

I get to meet her--

morfia said:
I get to meet her--

Lookout - you may get seated next to her at one of the events!

1. What is "Weird New Friendliness"?

"Weird New Friendliness" is a term used to describe the recent trend of people being overly friendly and familiar with strangers, often in uncomfortable or inappropriate ways.

2. Why is "Weird New Friendliness" becoming more common?

There are a few theories as to why this trend is on the rise. Some believe it is due to the influence of social media and the desire to constantly be connected and liked. Others think it could be a reaction to the increasing isolation and loneliness in modern society.

3. How does "Weird New Friendliness" impact social interactions?

"Weird New Friendliness" can make social interactions uncomfortable and awkward for those who are on the receiving end. It can also create a false sense of intimacy and trust, leading to potential safety concerns.

4. What can I do if I encounter "Weird New Friendliness"?

If you are uncomfortable with someone's overly friendly behavior, it is okay to politely but firmly set boundaries and let them know their behavior is not acceptable. You can also remove yourself from the situation if necessary.

5. How can we promote genuine friendliness without crossing boundaries?

Genuine friendliness is about being kind and respectful towards others without invading their personal space or making them feel uncomfortable. It's important to be aware of social cues and boundaries and to always ask for consent before initiating physical contact or sharing personal information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • icerneaccorie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
icerneaccorie
  • cmdtrgd