• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ACL Reconstruction Scheduled for May 28th: Recovery Timeline & Updates

In summary, Karlene is scheduled for a ACL reconstruction on May 28th and will be out of the game for at least four weeks. She recommends consulting with hosts to help with carry-on restrictions.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
I am scheduled for a ACL reconstruction on May 28th...

I will be out of the game for a least four weeks - ugh!!:cry:

This is all a major bummer:cry:

you can do itjust wanted to give you encouragement with your surgery. I had to have a total hip replacement 4 years ago right in the heart of my business. I didn't want to take any medical leave from PC so I just planned ahead. I got people to do book shows and keep it rolling...I never had to take leave and kept active the entire time. I was out of "commission" from July 23rd that year until I could officially do a "real show" come that fall in November. You can make it work...
good luck
karlene reaser

Let everyone know the perdicement you are in and ask if they would like to help out with catalog shows while you are laid up!

My husband is having his second knee surgery on the 6th. He has a torn meniscus.

hijack:

Hey Freddom - I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar - btw, is your child wearing anything else with the apron and chef's hat? Looks a little naked there! :) lol

end of hijack.

Kodeysmom said:
My husband is having his second knee surgery on the 6th. He has a torn meniscus.

I had that done 3 years ago...

pamperedlinda said:
hijack:

Hey Freddom - I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar - btw, is your child wearing anything else with the apron and chef's hat? Looks a little naked there! :) lol

end of hijack.

Um yeah-he is naked!!! My DH took this of him one day when i was out in town.

Kodeysmom said:
Um yeah-he is naked!!! My DH took this of him one day when i was out in town.
One of these days he will be very embarrassed! LOL :D Will see you in Atlanta on the 6th?

I also didn't mean to spell your name wrong in the other post - sorry about that.

had my acl done and my meniscus repaired in oct.....................have someone help you and that cold pad is great!!!!

I feel great!!! Can't jump yet, but everything else is good!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
I also didn't mean to spell your name wrong in the other post - sorry about that.

no problem, i figured it was a typo.
No actually we are leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't be back.

I never would have noticed the "naki-ness"!!! Cute picture! He shouldn't be too embarassed....his apron covers everything!!!

I have a consultant that just had carpal tunnel...no where near the operation you are having. She has 2 parties booked and is worried about carrying her things when she is restricted. I suggested that she work with her hosts to help her out. Would be suprised if someone had a problem with that. (But then again...there may be that exception!!:rolleyes: )

Related to ACL Reconstruction Scheduled for May 28th: Recovery Timeline & Updates

1. What is the typical recovery timeline for ACL reconstruction surgery?

The recovery timeline for ACL reconstruction surgery can vary depending on the individual and the specific surgical technique used. In general, it takes about 6-8 weeks for the initial recovery phase, which involves resting, icing, and physical therapy. After this phase, it can take another 6-9 months for the full recovery and return to normal activities.

2. Will I be able to walk after my ACL reconstruction surgery?

Yes, you will likely be able to walk with the help of crutches or a knee brace immediately after your surgery. However, it is important to follow your doctor's instructions and not put too much weight on your injured leg until it has fully healed.

3. How can I manage pain and swelling after my surgery?

Your doctor will prescribe pain medication to help manage any discomfort after your surgery. You can also use ice packs to reduce swelling and elevate your leg to decrease pain and swelling. Physical therapy exercises can also help with pain and swelling.

4. When can I start physical therapy after my ACL reconstruction surgery?

You will likely start physical therapy within a few days after your surgery. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on when and how often to attend physical therapy sessions. It is important to follow the recommended timeline for physical therapy to ensure proper healing and regain strength and mobility in your knee.

5. How long until I can return to playing sports after my ACL reconstruction surgery?

The timeline for returning to sports after ACL reconstruction surgery can vary greatly depending on the individual and the type of sport. In general, it takes about 6-9 months to fully recover and return to sports. However, it is important to listen to your doctor's recommendations and not rush back to sports before your knee has fully healed to avoid re-injury.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
ragschef
Replies
Views
janetupnorth