• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? About Replacing a Very Old Item

In summary, the woman's 15-year-old spatula is broken, and she doesn't have a receipt or a warranty for it. She should buy a new one, but she may be able to get a warranty extension if she's a good customer.
chefcarole
I got an email from one of my catalog hostesses this morning...

I had a girl at my work bring in a broken small spatula (the $4 one) that she has had for 15 years --no receipt--can you get her a replacement or what should she do.

Now, I need to email her and clarify but we wouldn't be replacing a 15 yr. old mini spatula would we? I don't think it's like Sears Craftsman tools where you can walk in after 15 years with a broken hammer and get a brand new one is it? I just wanted to check before I email her back. I'm thinking she just needs to buy a new one right?

The scrapers only have a three year warranty anyway, so she will need to fork over the money to purchase a new one. I'd say 15 years is a decent amount of time to own/use a spatula that I'm sure she's used everyday. LOL! :)

That's what I thought but I didn't want to sound like a smart alec. I mean 15 years for an item that cost under $5 is pretty darn good in my book!!

I would just look up the warranty on the small spatulas and email and tell you are sorry but the warranty is for only "X" amount of years and it cannot be repaired or replaced for free after the warranty is expired, but that you would be glad to add one to your next order if she would like. If she is a good customer or hsot, you could offer free shipping or something like that if you wanted to really sound nice.

Not to hijack the thread BUT whay is it with people and the warranty? I would NEVER dream of walking into Target or KMart or even William Sonoma with a 15 year old $4 item that is broken and ask for a replacement. Why do they think we will?

I have a customer who broke her paring knive sharpener (which she bought from another consultant 5 years ago) and wants PC to replace it and has no receipt. I know we have a great warranty -- so do many others but you need to have a receipt. Again, would they go into a store without a receipt 5 years later and expect a replacement? Sorry -- this has happened to me a bunch of time this month :)

I went shopping yesterday and when I was carrying in tons of bags I dropped the only one that had glass and shatterd my candlehoder I bought at Pier 1. Think if I went back in with my receipt and glass shards I could get my $18 back?
Just kidding. I agree though some customers want above and beyond.
Teresa

MandyK said:
Not to hijack the thread BUT whay is it with people and the warranty?
Some people think we have a lifetime warranty on every single item. Yeah, right. I don't know how that got started, but it comes up a couple of times a year for me, with guests bringing old things to shows or asking at fairs.

MandyK said:
Not to hijack the thread BUT whay is it with people and the warranty? I would NEVER dream of walking into Target or KMart or even William Sonoma with a 15 year old $4 item that is broken and ask for a replacement. Why do they think we will?

I have a customer who broke her paring knive sharpener (which she bought from another consultant 5 years ago) and wants PC to replace it and has no receipt. I know we have a great warranty -- so do many others but you need to have a receipt. Again, would they go into a store without a receipt 5 years later and expect a replacement? Sorry -- this has happened to me a bunch of time this month :)

I used to work in Paint and Hardware for Sear and all the Hand Tools (not drills, electric/battery power tools) that are Craftsman are warranted for lifetime so you can go back with your $5.00 hammer if it is a craftsman and they will replace it. You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) the amount of people who thought that because it said Craftsman that it was guaranteed for life. Some people are just crazy.

I recently had an aquaintance that also had a broken $4 spatula. I had a few at home that I had ordered from supply so I brought 1 in for her. As a result, I ended up with 2....maybe 3 catty shows from people that were listening in and said that it was great that I treated people that way.

jodistrauss said:
I recently had an aquaintance that also had a broken $4 spatula. I had a few at home that I had ordered from supply so I brought 1 in for her. As a result, I ended up with 2....maybe 3 catty shows from people that were listening in and said that it was great that I treated people that way.

Good job - you don't want people to "take advantage" of you but if it is a REALLY cheap item or they were treated bad by another consultant you want to make it right and usually get business from it...

I'd have to be a pain in the ass right back to her and ask her for her receipt. If she can produce a receipt after 15 years, you can point out the 3 year warranty right on her receipt.

The twixit clips used to be lifetime warranty, so I suspect if a customer still has a receipt that indicated the warranty, they will still be replaced. I don't think the mini seving spatula ever had a lifetime warranty, but who am I to guess without seeing a receipt?

chefann said:
Some people think we have a lifetime warranty on every single item. Yeah, right. I don't know how that got started, but it comes up a couple of times a year for me, with guests bringing old things to shows or asking at fairs.

So true!!!:rolleyes:

I had people TELL ME that our stones are lifetime warranty!! I guess that either the consultant had no clue or they were not listing!

If she has one that old it has the wooden handle
Teresa

What is the process for replacing a very old item?

To replace a very old item, you will need to first contact our customer service team either by phone or through our website. They will guide you through the replacement process and provide you with options for your specific item.

How long does the replacement process take?

The replacement process can vary depending on the availability of the item and the shipping time. Our customer service team will be able to give you an estimated timeline for your specific replacement.

Do I need to provide proof of purchase for a replacement?

Yes, we require proof of purchase for all replacements. This can include a receipt, order confirmation, or order number. If you do not have this information, our customer service team may be able to assist you in finding it.

Can I exchange my old item for a different product?

No, our replacement process is for the same item only. If you would like to exchange your old item for a different product, you will need to place a new order through our website or with a consultant.

Is there a cost for replacing a very old item?

The cost for replacing a very old item will depend on the specific item and its availability. Our customer service team will inform you of any costs associated with the replacement before proceeding with the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • shelly.nurse