• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Surprise Announcement on CC - What Could It Be?

In summary, CC posted a broken link with some interesting information that hinted at an upcoming announcement. I'm betting it will be like Longaberger and Southern Living 10% or more in price increases.
really hope they go to no shipping like Home and garden did---when I did a show with them last yr. I paid over $18 bucks to get my FREE stuff---now this fall it said FREE shipping----didn't read it too closely if their prices went up----but that would be a big deal---which probably wouldn't start til march whatever it is!!

I used to ship FedEx and UPS daily and I LOVE FEDEX! UPS was the biggest pain in the rear... WEEKLY I would have packages go missing all over the states, and it took forever for them to fix problems. FedEx usually had great customer service.

Oh, and FedEx Home is really no more expensive than UPS. The only reason we didn't switch to FedEx Home exclusively at my old workplace was because they would have required us to pay for pickup even on days we had no packages, whereas UPS didn't.

PS The shipping is built in here in the UK as well. I love it because it doesn't put people off small orders! (Which all add up)

PampMomof3 said:
I'm going to be really upset if our shipping changes to a percentage.:mad: I have customers who try to combine orders because of the $4! :rolleyes: I can't imagine if it changes to a %!

I really LOVE my UPS guy as well. He really does a great job! Now I'm feeling guilty that I didn't get him Christmas present!:rolleyes:

The good thing about a percentage is that no one combines orders because the shipping is the same no matter how many people order (unless it is big enough to be direct shipped). My customers get extra mad because when I use the PC order forms I have to cross out the $4.00 and write 15%.

I think if there was going to be a price increase we would have heard about it by now!

Pampered Laura said:
Any other Directors just get an email about this? Said not to forward the included info to our downlines yet (info will be sent to consultants later today) ... wonder what that's about.
I wonder if that's why only some of us could see the broken link on CC. Maybe only directors could access it for that short time. Oh well, it sounds like everyone will hear about it later today.

Isn't it wonderful finding out something before it is announced!! I am getting to know a little of what you people that go to conference feel like!! ha!:D

pamperedbecky said:
I wonder if that's why only some of us could see the broken link on CC. Maybe only directors could access it for that short time. Oh well, it sounds like everyone will hear about it later today.

Nope- cuz I'm not a Director and I saw the broken link. Heck, I'm the one who started this thread and all the resultant trouble. :)

I'm really bummed about this. I haven't had good experiences with FedEx - inconsistent application of "signature required" guidelines (even going completely opposite what the shipper had as directions), inaccurate tracking information, inconsistent delivery times. Plus, my UPS man was trained! He always put my boxes into the garage for me. And FedEx usually tries to deliver to the front door, which I never use, so I don't see the box or the "delivery attempted" slip. *sigh*

Give him a treat the first time he comes and maybe you can train the new guy!! Don't forget to tell him he's a good boy!! LOL!!

I had my guy trained too, but with the three things I have gotten FedEx in the last month all three were different people!!

Are we talking about the Fed Ex switch over? They sent that in an email today.

Paige Dixon said:
Are we talking about the Fed Ex switch over? They sent that in an email today.
I guess it helps to read the whole thread before responding. I would love if they built it into the price. My first show I was so pissed I had to pay shipping. I told the consultant that my house was outside the city, less tax, but she said that I had to pay the tax rate at the hostess's house. Then, after paying for shipping and higher tax, I had to go pick up my order at the hostess's house. Wouldn't it be nice if they shipped it directly to every customer?

Last week I mailed some documents to a PO box in Kenya, East Africa. I found out that the post office has a contract with Fed Ex. My documents will be shipped Fed Ex, but will be allowed to be delivered to a PO Box because it was through the post office.

pamperedgirl3 said:
If they ring them doorbell, I'll just have to try to meet the person at the door & ask them not to if they end up delivering during nap time.

That's exactly what you do! Be sugar-sweet to the FedEx guy and he'll remember you. Who knows? Maybe we'll even :::GASP::: LIKE the new FedEx man and his service! I don't have a preference either way, honestly. Problems come up with every company all the time. I'm just saying, "Be nice to the Blue & Orange man."

Yeah, I don't really care one way or the other. I never had a problem with UPS in the 1 1/2 years I've been a consultant. I was just getting used to them not coming during the day, but I think our FedEx truck does come through here during the day. I was just hoping it wouldn't be during nap time again. I hate noises during nap time!!!! That's the only peace I get during the day!!!

You had the right idea, though. Just ask him to NOT ring the bell. I bet they put a note in their little computer about it. I know PG&E does that for us. They know to knock on my garage door, not my front door.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies