• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade

Good job!I love her comeback to the mean little boy...sounds like she's a pretty amazing little girl too!:thumbsup:
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Sammie's teacher asked the parents to right something for their kids to be read the last day of school. I normally am not a "writer" but here is the poem I wrote for Sammie:

Dear Sammie,

First grade was full of amazing things for you this year.
You’ve grown a lot in many ways our dear.

You’ve gone to the library and many books you’ve selected.
You’ve learned to read beyond what we’ve expected.

We hope your love of music, math and art,
Will never from your heart depart.

Through classwork, AWANA, and Sunday school,
You’ve learned verses, Godly principles and many a jewel.

Your kind, tender and caring heart,
Has given you a wonderful start!

We hope you continue to learn and grow
And that life's lessons will gently through your life flow.

We’ll be by your side each step of the way.
Teaching you that God is the one to love and obey.

Remember these days, while you are small.
Trust constantly in God while you grow tall.

First grade has now come to an end.
We’re glad you’ve gained many a friend.

Love,
Daddy, Mommy and Kyle

Roses are red
Violets are blue
School sucks.

What a beautiful poem. Definitely something she can keep as a treasure!

Wow Janet!:angel: That was beautiful! I got a lump in my throat that I couldn't swallow away! And tears in my eyes!:cry: Great job! I think you put so much into that poem and your love for your daughter and God are so obvious and they stand out the most! You are a wonderful woman of God and a truely spiritual Mother, who is raising a spiritual giant!!
Just beautiful! Okay, my eyes are tearing up again!~:cry: :rolleyes: :) :thumbup: ;) :angel:

Aw thanks...now my eyes are tearing up!!!!

Wow Janet! I love that poem! I agree with Cathy- it is very evident of your love for both your daughter and the Lord! I forget...does she attend a public school? What a witness...

awwww, that is too lovely!!

That's very sweet Janet--good job!

KellyTheChef said:
Wow Janet! I love that poem! I agree with Cathy- it is very evident of your love for both your daughter and the Lord! I forget...does she attend a public school? What a witness...

No, she attends a Lutheran School in town but it is a mix of quite a few kids. Many from the Lutheran Church it is affiliated with, many from our church (a non-denominational Bible Church) and many un-churched kids. They do get devotionals and verses in school and chapel once a week, but of course their view of salvation is slightly different. Also, in all grades, kids will be kids.

Sammie and I had another good talk last night about the kids on her bus and how to respond to them. Here is what she came up with for a mean boy on the bus that is her age (6-7).

"When he starts being mean Mommy, I'm going to turn to him and say, 'I'm sorry you are so angry that you have to pick on others. I'll pray that you can be happier.'"

She then said if he apologizes, she'll forgive him, but if not, she won't talk or listen to him.

I thought that was pretty mature of her. :)

WOW! That's amazing Janet! I would print it again later when she leaves the nest or get married...what a GREAT memory for both of you.

I loveeeeeeeeeeee her comeback to the mean little boy...sounds like she's a pretty amazing little girl too!

What is "A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade"?

"A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade" is a heartfelt and fun poem that celebrates the end of the first-grade journey for Sammie. It is a great way to commemorate this special milestone and make Sammie feel special.

Who is the author of "A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade"?

The author of "A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade" is not mentioned in the poem. It is meant to be a general poem that can be personalized for any child named Sammie. Therefore, the author can be anyone who wants to use the poem to celebrate a child's first-grade graduation.

Can the poem be personalized for a different name?

Yes, the poem can be easily personalized for any child's name. Simply replace "Sammie" with the desired name throughout the poem. It is a great way to make the poem even more special and meaningful for the child.

Is there a specific occasion for which "A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade" is suitable?

The poem is perfect for celebrating a child's last day of first grade. It can be used as part of a graduation ceremony or as a gift to mark this important milestone. It can also be used as a fun read-aloud activity for the whole class.

Can I use "A Poem for Sammie's Last Day of First Grade" for commercial purposes?

No, the poem is copyrighted and is for personal use only. It cannot be used for any commercial purposes without obtaining permission from the author.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies