• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$750 Show Avg....how She Does It!

In summary, during a cluster meeting, a consultant shared her successful strategies for host coaching and increasing show sales in a struggling economy. She emphasized the use of email communication and bringing a display of products to shows, which sparked a discussion about adapting to changing times. Some consultants prefer phone calls, but many find email more convenient. Bringing more products to shows has also proven effective in increasing sales, although it may be a challenge for recruiting leads.
PChefPEI said:
Great idea about more email communication!! I have attributed my $100 increase in show average (from $450 to $550) to my host coaching. After attending conference in August, I put some new ideas in place (like the host letter) and have followed the three call method and have found a tremendous difference, but sometimes, life gets away on me and I don't get all the calls made to the host that I should be, so emailing more would be great, 'cause I can do that at 11 at night!! ;)

I do try to take some extra products to my shows, but have to start asking my hosts what her guests and her/him want to see.

As far as show format, I want to move away from the fully interactive show, because I lose control of the crowd and don't get a chance to do my "speels". Tonight, I am going to try a semi-interactive show and see how it goes.
I think I'm going to add emails to my host coaching as well. I do the calls but often I can't reach someone or we don't have time to go over everything. Plus, having it in email may help it 'stick'.

In terms of control with the interactive shows - I know what you mean. I'm not sure if I had posted this for you before, but I take a lot of control over my show. The guests sit before and after the demo, which gives me enough time and the 'venue' to go over my talks. I don't hand out catalogs until I'm done talking and I always do a recipe that is done when we're done the demo (meaning, nothing that has to bake for more than 8 minutes at the end) so they have food in their hands and they're paying attention to me. I've found this really helps me keep control of the crowd while still allowing them flexibility to chat and have a fun evening.

That said - I know some people just don't do well with it and that's the great thing about this business - you can do whatever works best for you!

lvanderw said:
OK - I am doing a show tomorrow and packed last night but after reading this, I think I will repack.... I always take too much stuff..... got it from my director. She brings a lot and so I just duplicated it. One question - sorry I'm showing my ignorance - what is the TTA? Thanks

Tool Turn-About.

Having the TTA is nice for when Guests talk about a certain product (and sell it to others for you) and you can pull out that product - people LOVE that!

As far as Host Coaching - I always ask my Hostess up-front HOW she wants to be contacted - phone or email. If she doesn't reply back to my email - I will followup with a phone call. *But I always call her FOR SURE once before her Show - it is more professional*

I figure, email is just how the times are now.

Kitchen2u said:
You can have a $750 show average without bringing everything. I do. I only bring what I need for the recipe (1) and that's it. My show average ranges from about $800-900 now. I have THEM talk about the things I didn't bring..let THEM sell it for you.

Host coaching is the KEY to a great show average. I do emails and phone calls. I'm in contact EVERY week until their party.

I find if I bring to much, less recruiting leads!

Thanks for sharing Becky!

I agree about bringing too much!!! Noone wants to lug around all that stuff. Plus, in the winter months, (I am in OHIO), it is just too dangerous!!! I take what I need for my recipe - then I ask the host if there is anything specific that she would like for me to bring. I take that, then choose my next 9 favorite products (have learned that if I love it, I can sell it!!!) - So I do the recipe products, + 10. I use my rolling tote plus one other bag. Make no more than 2 trips in.

I always do the introductions and have the guests say what their favorite products are - they sell better to their friends than I can!!! and I do ALOT of host coaching by e-mail.

My show average is $800 - $900. :chef:

Ha! I can't believe people are still reading this thread.

However, since more people will probably see it now....

I TOTALLY KNOW that many of you have high show avgs. w/o bringing a lot of extra product. I get that.

HOWEVER - I am in an area with the very highest unemployment in the nation, and ours has no chance right now of anything except going higher, as the auto industry continues to tank.

I started this thread to encourage people who might be doing everything right, and still aren't seeing the higher shows avgs. that they would like. Just so they know that "Less is More" is great and all - but it's not the golden rule, and it's not the only way. What works for some may not work for others - and we should always know that there are other options out there.

It's great if you bring less, and you have a high show avg. Really, it is. But I was just sharing another show presentation/style that is working for someone in an area where even the upper level directors struggle to maintain the show avgs. we once all had.

I wish that my hosts were tech savvy! I have the website and only a few have used the e-vites through the web, plus most of the time I will email them the recipe ingredients and and then call as a back up but they have not checked. It would be great if we could do everything through email b/c I hate talking on the phone!

Seana - something that I have started with my website is on the guest list, I ask the host to include e-mail address and I send the e-vites for them!!!! This has increased my show sales about 3 - 4 orders per show. I mail all of the invitations so this is a great way for me to get the info!!! and, I also include a little snippet on the postcard invitation. I do labels with the host info and type: "Can't make it but would still like to browse our catalog or place an order?~ visit my website: www.______just enter your hosts name and she will get credit for your order!!!!"NOTHING GOES OUT OF MY OFFICE WITHOUT MY WEBSITE ADDRESS ON IT!!!!!!

Here's a guy's point of view..hehehe

I mostly communicate by email. I'm a night hawk so it makes it easier and I am always affraid to interupt a host's family life. I work full time so can't make calls during the day. Then comes supper time for the host (I assume), then it's time to put the children to bed, then is it too late to call???? Will I bother the host?????

My show average is about $700 counting the $200 shows I put in for the low months of December and January and July..... I bring 99% of the products... I, however, do not bring everything out but do tell the guests if there is anything in the catalog they haven't seen to just asked as I probably have it with me. Guests might be interested in products but before investing in such expensive products they like to see it, touch it and even try it our before they invest...

In a year, I have 11 kilo shows under my belt and am proud of it!!! I often even make 2 recipes where I contribute one that is already for the most part pre-made (like the mini tarts where I already have the dough made and only have to scoop them in the pans and bake...filling is already done also so just fill the tarts and there goes the sale of a mini-muffin pan, small scoop, mini tart shaper)....

I still can't see how I could get kilo shows with 45 minute demos.... I for one am not ready to reduce the lugging which will reduce my commission!!!! Hard work is the key to success!!!

HAHA!!! Well, of course you have to know that my favorite 9 or 10 products are the expensive ones!!!!! :) :) I always have the stainless steel bowls, mandoline, trifle bowl, a piece of cookware......etc etc etc - - - - and I am just not built like a man, so I cannot lug all that stuff around. Don't get me wrong, I did it when I first started, but I don't want to be exhausted from carrying in all of that stuff before my show even starts. I have about 15 - 20 kilo shows under my belt. Some people might do better taking everything they have, I just prefer to take what I love the most. Like I said, I have learned, if I love it, I can sell it!!!!!! And, interested to know how long your shows are? I have always made it a point to keep my demo to less than 45 minutes. So these DCB recipes have been FABULOUS for me!!!! Did all of my March shows with the Grilled Chicken Penne / and a 12 minute micro cake. Dinner and dessert in 30 minutes!!!!! heehee!!!! FUN FUN and the guests love love love it!!!!!And, I do work hard!!! ;);) I believe in hard work and great attitude!!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
I can't imagine bringing almost the whole catalog. Is the Canadian catalog much smaller? All of the product I own (and I do have most of it) would fill up my car, which is not small.I have actually recently downsized and all the product I bring fits in the consultant tote, including the TTA, which works better for me. My bookings have increased and most are booking at or before the show! I'm not sure that has anything to do with me bringing less, but maybe I'm enjoying it more. I don't think that my sales have decreased. I'm also doing easier recipes. I figure if I'm going to do more shows, I need less stress. I love showing up about 30 minutes before a show, having plenty of time to set up and talk to the host. CRAZY! I used to be there 1 hour ahead of time and was JUST ready sometimes.Now, I'm not saying that taking more doesn't increase sales. I know that I love to see what I'm buying, but I think that PC (of all direct sales) can be purchased by a picture. I think you need to do what is comfortable. I LOVE the idea of the TTA at checkout. I do the same thing with the upcoming host specials. Gives them something to look at for a minute :).

The only problem I see with bringing a lot is your recruiting leads are going to suffer. People do not want to think about dragging all that stuff along with them if they decide to try this out!

I know this is the PC Mantra but I have to respectfully disagree. i have a rolling cart that I got at Home Depot that has almost all of my stuff in it. I bring that, plus my TTA, and a few other things (salad spinner, stones, etc--larger stuff) that I will be using for my demo. But my cart and TTA have all the little stuff in it. My guests LOVE to go through my cart and TTA at the end of the demo, and I have found that potential recruits get excited because they see all the things they can earn and use. So I know that PC says "don't bring too much stuff it cuts down on recruiting" but I think that when people see how much they can get for free or discount they get excited.

I do alot of email to my hosts also if they have one. I leave messages for the ones that don't. I always take the rolling tote full of products and then my dirty crate with the products I'm going to use. I no longer take the not neccessary in the kitchen items.
It's back to basics and all the things you can do with them.
I've been taking the microcooker, classic batter bowl and the rice cooker plus for 3 price points that items can do practically the same thing. My classic batter bowl and rice cooker plus sales are on the rise. Plus, it gives me more bowls for my demos if I need them.
People like to see touch and feel the items. I also tell people at my shows I bring extra things to my show, so that you can see the items. I tell them I'm not the norm as if they do what I do they can just bring their starter kit.

I love to take things that people can touch and feel!! That's how I shop and it 's just good logic.I have sold countless large sheet pans just by letting people hold them.To just look you may never know.Duh.
It is a p.i.t.a. to tote the stuff but my shows are better for it!!

I have 2 bags I take, plus my bag with my knives and tool turn about. I normally set up what I have in the 1 bag. Then when I finish my show, I do the ticket game and when someone asks me about a product not on display, if I have it I whip it out of my other bag. which turns to more questions and what else I have in the bag. I've gotten more questions and sales from people wanting to see the various items.. I also inform them that I carry more to a show than most consultants..

I actually tried this out Monday night at a show I had. I am trying to increase my show average. I took a rolling crate and my big black bag. I took everything I needed and then filled it all up with as much as I could fit. My shows were usually around $200-$300 and struggled to get higher. Monday's show was $451 at the show, 7 guests, and 2 of the orders were over $110! I don't plan on breaking my back but I will make it a habit to have more things! I had a lot of stuff just out on the counter and a full tool turn about. As they were shopping, they were looking over everything out and ordered a lot of it! The show hasn't closed yet and it is over$500 now, that is good for me!

Congrats Teresah!!! One thing I've been doing is making notes of what people asked about at the party, and then when I go to a "booked" party where I know some of the same people will be there I try to bring those items so that they can see for themselves and touch it.
I've gotten some extra sales doing it that way and it makes them feel good that I remembered what they had mentioned at the last party.

Thank you for starting this thread it has some really great information in it. I have just started host coaching via email. It is hard for me, because I really prefer communicating on the phone. I have found that when I am on top of my host coaching I have better shows. I also do the post card method. I figure this way I am reaching them one way or the other. In the beginning of my career. I brought everything, I was just so excited by everything that I had to show it off. I stopped doing it and I do think it has affected my sales. People do want to see it before they buy it. I have started bringing more with me. I know Michigan has the worst economy in the country, but Oregon is close behind. We have a 12% unemployment rate! April was the first month in my 4+ years that I had numerous cancellations. I need to make each show really count, not only for me but also for the host.

<h2>What is a $750 show average and how does this consultant achieve it?</h2><p>A $750 show average refers to the average sales amount at a Pampered Chef party. This particular consultant in the Michigan area has a $750 show average, meaning that her parties typically result in $750 in sales. She achieves this by using unique techniques such as email communication with hosts and bringing a display of products to her shows.</p><h2>How does this consultant communicate with her hosts?</h2><p>This consultant primarily communicates with her hosts through email. She sends weekly emails starting a month before the show, providing encouragement and information, including recipes. She also makes one phone call to the host before the show to confirm counts and directions. According to the consultant, most people prefer to communicate via email nowadays.</p><h2>Why does this consultant bring a whole display of products to her shows?</h2><p>This consultant brings a display of products to her shows in order to boost sales. In her experience, bringing a card table and setting up a display of products, including discontinued items, has resulted in higher sales. This may go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, but in a poor economy, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches to increase sales.</p><h2>Is email communication considered impersonal?</h2><p>While email may be seen as impersonal by some, this consultant believes that it is a preferred method of communication for many people. She has found success in using email to communicate with her hosts and provide them with information and updates. In today's electronic age, email may not be as impersonal as it once was thought to be.</p><h2>How has this consultant's techniques challenged traditional Pampered Chef teachings?</h2><p>This consultant's methods may seem to go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, such as bringing a display of products to a show and primarily using email communication. However, in a struggling economy and with changing communication preferences, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches in order to achieve success. This consultant's $750 show average and $1000 shows prove that her techniques are effective.</p>

Related to $750 Show Avg....how She Does It!

What is a $750 show average and how does this consultant achieve it?

A $750 show average refers to the average sales amount at a Pampered Chef party. This particular consultant in the Michigan area has a $750 show average, meaning that her parties typically result in $750 in sales. She achieves this by using unique techniques such as email communication with hosts and bringing a display of products to her shows.

How does this consultant communicate with her hosts?

This consultant primarily communicates with her hosts through email. She sends weekly emails starting a month before the show, providing encouragement and information, including recipes. She also makes one phone call to the host before the show to confirm counts and directions. According to the consultant, most people prefer to communicate via email nowadays.

Why does this consultant bring a whole display of products to her shows?

This consultant brings a display of products to her shows in order to boost sales. In her experience, bringing a card table and setting up a display of products, including discontinued items, has resulted in higher sales. This may go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, but in a poor economy, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches to increase sales.

Is email communication considered impersonal?

While email may be seen as impersonal by some, this consultant believes that it is a preferred method of communication for many people. She has found success in using email to communicate with her hosts and provide them with information and updates. In today's electronic age, email may not be as impersonal as it once was thought to be.

How has this consultant's techniques challenged traditional Pampered Chef teachings?

This consultant's methods may seem to go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, such as bringing a display of products to a show and primarily using email communication. However, in a struggling economy and with changing communication preferences, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches in order to achieve success. This consultant's $750 show average and $1000 shows prove that her techniques are effective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
grgann
  • MLinAZ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies