• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$750 Show Avg....how She Does It!

In summary, during a cluster meeting, a consultant shared her successful strategies for host coaching and increasing show sales in a struggling economy. She emphasized the use of email communication and bringing a display of products to shows, which sparked a discussion about adapting to changing times. Some consultants prefer phone calls, but many find email more convenient. Bringing more products to shows has also proven effective in increasing sales, although it may be a challenge for recruiting leads.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
At our cluster meeting tonight, My director had another consultant in our cluster give a presentation on how she host coaches and does her show.
She has a $750 show avg., and regularly has $1000 shows.

This is in Michigan, where we have one of the worst economies in the nation! My show avg. has slipped from around $600 to about $400 in the past 18 months.
It was fascinating to hear what she does - because so much of it goes totally against what I have been taught, and what seems to be the consensus for doing business. I won't go into all she does, but wanted to touch base on a couple of things she does that are opposite of how I've been taught.

First - She communicates almost exclusively via E-mail with her hosts - she sends emails weekly starting a month before the show, and gives her hosts their encouragement and info (including recipes) this way. She makes one phone call to the host before the show to get counts and directions.

She said that in this day and age, that is the way most people prefer to communicate, and her hosts appreciate that she uses email instead of leaving all kinds of voice mail messages trying to get in touch with them.

Second - She brings a whole display of products with her to her shows. She brings a card table and sets it up. For August, she did a whole display of discontinuing products on the table. She sold a ton of product - had 5 shows, and over $3500 in sales!!!

This brought up a good discussion about how, although we've been taught that you only bring what you need for the demo, the fact that we are in a very poor economy means that we may have to change how we do things a bit to get the sales that we want. Also, that we are living in a more electronic age, and that email may not be as impersonal of a way to communicate as we've been told - it may be the way that hosts prefer to communicate with you.

These were just some points that have me thinking.

Thanks Becky!

It depends for me....some of my hosts still prefer phone calls; but I do a lot of host coaching via email too. It's true, this day & age, for lots of people it's just more convenient...and you're more likely to get a return email than a return call with some!

I agree that people buy what they can see. The problem I have with that, is that it's so much stuff to load up and bring!! I bring extras to my shows but it's a killer lugging all of that stuff around.

I have always brought almost everything "but the kitchen sink" and I warn my hosts I will do so. I do it in a joking manner but then also remind them to let me know of ANYTHING they or their guests want to see. I am a very textural person. I have to handle something to want it. I have worked retail since high school and was always taught that you put it in their hands to make them want it. I has stood me well. Since I started doing more passing around of products and interacting with the guests my show average has gone up by over $100 per show. I used to average $350-400. I now average $500-800 per show. The guests always tell me they appreciate actually being able to handle our products.:thumbup:

The only problem I see with bringing a lot is your recruiting leads are going to suffer. People do not want to think about dragging all that stuff along with them if they decide to try this out!

From November - June, my Show average was over $1000 (I am a CDN Consultant). Since the end of June - I really cut back on what I was bringing to a Show and my Show Sales have reflected that.

I USED TO:
-Demo a recipe myself (interactive format does not work for me personally)
-Pass around extra products after the demo especially highlighting the main collections (SA, Cookware, Stoneware, Cutlery).
-Give an example of the Host Benefits for a $1000 Show
-Coach my Hosts to get 12-15 orders
-Tell 'My Story' and just be honest and genuine with people
-Have the 3 pile method at checkout

stefani2 said:
From November - June, my Show average was over $1000 (I am a CDN Consultant). Since the end of June - I really cut back on what I was bringing to a Show and my Show Sales have reflected that.

I USED TO:
-Demo a recipe myself (interactive format does not work for me personally)
-Pass around extra products after the demo especially highlighting the main collections (SA, Cookware, Stoneware, Cutlery).
-Give an example of the Host Benefits for a $1000 Show
-Coach my Hosts to get 12-15 orders
-Tell 'My Story' and just be honest and genuine with people
-Have the 3 pile method at checkout

What is the 3 pile method?

I love to bring a ton of stuff, but my car is a miata, so room is at a premium. I pack what I need for the recipe then whatever else will fit that I think people want to see.

Being new I have a limited amount of stuff. I try to bring most of what I do have, and so far have done well with that. I want to increase my show avg from $350 to $750 over the next year. I also have done just a few parties. I am still trying to get my name out there.

I have my first cooking show on Saturday and plan on bringing everything PC that I own. I'm the type of person that if I see it and can hold it, that makes me want to buy it. I wouldn't want to spend $20 for a chopper if I don't know what kind of quality it is. I'm going to tell my guests that while our food is in the oven, "Go ahead and touch all my kitchen gadgets and see which ones you want for yourself." LOL Hey, it's my first show so we'll see if that works.

Good info. Now if I just had a show to use it.

Megan,
you might also have a tote to bring home products in they touch. I am a germ freak and i always encourage them to touch the products but to put them in my rubbermaid tote so they can be washed when i get home so they are clean for the next show (I tell them the exceptions are Salt and pepper mill now i'll say grinders, cookbooks and spices)

You know, I have had a drop in sales since carrying less products, but I never thought of that as the reason! I know that when I want to buy something I love seeing it first, I guess I should think about that when packing for my shows. I just hate carrying everything around, it is more work and it gives more of a chance for breakage. But, maybe I'll try it at my next show and try to get my total up!! I also use e-mail a lot. I have found that with certain hosts I am quicker in getting a response than by phone. I know that I check my e-mail daily and know a lot of people that do, but I always forget to check my answering machine right away. Thanks for the post!!

chefshawna said:
You know, I have had a drop in sales since carrying less products, but I never thought of that as the reason! I know that when I want to buy something I love seeing it first, I guess I should think about that when packing for my shows. I just hate carrying everything around, it is more work and it gives more of a chance for breakage. But, maybe I'll try it at my next show and try to get my total up!! I also use e-mail a lot. I have found that with certain hosts I am quicker in getting a response than by phone. I know that I check my e-mail daily and know a lot of people that do, but I always forget to check my answering machine right away. Thanks for the post!!

She acknowledged that it is more work - she said she spends 10 minutes carrying everything in. BUT she said that for her, it helped her meet her goal of getting her $15,000 career sales in 6 months.(she did) She works FT, and only wants to do 3-5 shows a month....so she needed to make sure that those shows were all big.

Hmmm....something to think about. I have a host who wants me to bring a large display of products to her show at the end of the month. I will use that as my test.

Thanks for the info Becky, you are going to make an awesome director!

Well, I guess I'll try brining more again and see what it does to my average. I want to do PC full-time and need to up my pay considerably. So, I need my show average up, more shows and recruits!! I WILL SUCCEED!!! I have to for my family! Thanks!

when i HOSTED my first show (which i also signed up afterwards) my now-director made jerk chicken nachos. she used the citrus press. i think almost everyone at my party bought the citrus press because we could see it. but its not really something that you would normally think about just purchasing. it makes a HUGE difference! i always end up bringing way too much stuff to my parties and sometimes i think it overwhelms people because i dont have alot of space to set things up at. it overwhelms ME when im demoing! i think this thread has motivated me to invest in a card table...

Winnipegk said:
The only problem I see with bringing a lot is your recruiting leads are going to suffer. People do not want to think about dragging all that stuff along with them if they decide to try this out!

It's all in how you talk about it. If someone is interested, they are interested. Then that point can be discussed later. If you are truly doing your job of asking everyone that person who doesn't want to haul should still show some interest.

On the e-mail thing - I communicate about 80% to my hosts and customers by e-mail. I've asked their preferred method and most pick that! My biggest shows have been with hosts who communicate by e-mail. Granted, I don't have a $1000 show yet, but I just had a $700 catalog show with a lady that I only communicate by e-mail. (I called once when a customer had a question AFTER the show). She just re-booked for November (by e-mail). :)

You can have a $750 show average without bringing everything. I do. I only bring what I need for the recipe (1) and that's it. My show average ranges from about $800-900 now. I have THEM talk about the things I didn't bring..let THEM sell it for you.

Host coaching is the KEY to a great show average. I do emails and phone calls. I'm in contact EVERY week until their party.

I find if I bring to much, less recruiting leads!

Thanks for sharing Becky!

I plan to do a lot of my communication by email. I know that I certainly prefer it! I think you have to really get a feel for what would be most convenient for the host. If they're a more traditional person, definitely gotta stick with the phone call.

Kitchen2u said:
You can have a $750 show average without bringing everything. I do. I only bring what I need for the recipe (1) and that's it. My show average ranges from about $800-900 now. I have THEM talk about the things I didn't bring..let THEM sell it for you.

Host coaching is the KEY to a great show average. I do emails and phone calls. I'm in contact EVERY week until their party.

I find if I bring to much, less recruiting leads!

Thanks for sharing Becky!

I think it has very much to do with location. I know the economy is bad all over - but it is especially bad here, and has been for much longer than some other parts of the country. Plus - the facts are that Show Avgs are lower here than on the East & West Coasts even in a good economy, and always have been.

I'm not making excuses - this is just the way it is, and if there is someone HERE who has a show avg that is $200-$300 above everyone else's - you have to start thinking that something she is doing is working better than what the rest of us are doing.

I too have only brought what I needed for the recipe, as has my director, and my advanced director. (they are both long-time consultants - over 12 yrs - with great track records, and have also seen their Show Avg. plummet in the last 18 months.) I host coach very well, and ALWAYS have my guests talk about the products they love. With all of that, I have still seen my avg. sale go from $50 to less than $30. I have had shows with 12-15 orders that barely made $300. I've NEVER had that before! My bookings and attendance at shows have never been better, so that isn't the problem.

So - What she is doing just has me thinking that maybe it's time to switch things up a bit.

Within the past year I have brought significantly less to my shows. Basically the new consultant kit and the host specials for the month(s) I want to book, and maybe an extra piece or two. My repeat hosts have told me "Liz, you bring so much less, it must be so much easier for you to do a show". I've gone on to ask, did you miss me not bringing everything like before - they've said "no". It's been a lot eaiser on me - quicker to pack up (I've got a wierd obsession about keeping a lot of boxes for my items so it's easier to store and transport - I know - wierd), which means for me - shorter time for shows, etc. Now I can literally arrive a show 30 minutes before show start and be fine.

I'll be honest, I don't think it's reflected in how much my show average is or not. Pampered Chef Carol and I were talking the other night, the Host needs to realize she has a "job" to do as well for her show - get as many people to the party as she can. If she can't, then get those outside orders - 5 before, 5 after. Hosts need to realize its a partnership in hosting, not just open the door, invite a few friends and be done with it. My hosts who have "done their job" have fabulous shows, and those who don't - don't. Let's face it -it's going to be a rare occasion when you are going to have a $750+ show when there are 3 people plus the host at their show.

janetupnorth said:
It's all in how you talk about it. If someone is interested, they are interested. Then that point can be discussed later. If you are truly doing your job of asking everyone that person who doesn't want to haul should still show some interest.

Sorry - I don't agree at all (not trying to be snippy!!). For example, my best friend was interested in selling for another DS company but when she saw everything that consultant did, when the consultant asked her if she'd ever thought about it she said absolutely not, no way. After the party, she asked me how I ran my business compared...when I told her how simple it can be, she signed with me. She told me the only reason she told that consultant no is because it looked way too hard. The consultant asked and did all the right things at checkout but she missed out because her job looked SO hard!

I have another example of a girl who is on my D's team - she was at a show that the consultant had 3 stations for 3 recipes, she was running around like crazy it was WAY too much work and so she said no she waasn't interested. When she saw my D's show, she signed right there.

There is another consultant who's not on my team but on my recruiter's team who was taking tons of stuff. Her shows were over $1000 regularly but her recruiting suffered. We challenged her to take less. Her sales have decreased a bit, yes, but she recruited 4 people within the first 2 weeks.

If you make your job look hard, people are not going to be interested. Even if they were a little bit interested before, if they think it's going to be a lot of work, they're more likely to say no to you.

I've recruited 15 people since February and when I ask most of them why they joined, the ones who joined because of a show tell me it's because I made it seem like something THEY could do.

You want people to see your show and say "hey I could do that!"

Sorry if I'm sounding preachy, I'm not trying to...obviously you can run your business the way you want to run it and if bringing everything but the kitchen sink is working for you, go for it! I just think we need to look at our business practices and see what would work for everything - sales, bookings and recruiting. If you have a super high show average and you want to recruit but it's not happening, you might want to think about changing things up a bit.

Everyones 3 pile method at checkout may vary slightly.

For me:
-information on hosting
-information on becoming a consultant
-recipe

I guess I should mention she (the consultant with the $750 show avg) had 2 recruits in her first 90 days also. They are both doing very well.

You got to make the party FUN, INVITING and give them REASONS why they need the products. I'm not saying all my parties are $800-900. What I AWLAYS hear at my parties are: you made it look so easy, thanks for letting me use it before I bought it, your parties are fun, I can do this, I love the $2 meal ideas, and "if you didn't tell me about the _______ and how I could save time in the kitchen with it, I would have never bought it."

I may not be the happiest person there at the party...but I will fake it! :D

I agree with others...if you don't make it look easy...your recruiting will be down in numbers.

If you want to make $$$ in this business...RECRUITING is the way to go! I'd rather recruit 5 people a month and have a $300 show average than a $800/900 and recruit none.

Attitude is everything. Expectations walk miles. Presentation is PRICELESS to your customers.

Winnipegk said:
Sorry - I don't agree at all (not trying to be snippy!!). For example, my best friend was interested in selling for another DS company but when she saw everything that consultant did, when the consultant asked her if she'd ever thought about it she said absolutely not, no way. After the party, she asked me how I ran my business compared...when I told her how simple it can be, she signed with me. She told me the only reason she told that consultant no is because it looked way too hard. The consultant asked and did all the right things at checkout but she missed out because her job looked SO hard!

I have another example of a girl who is on my D's team - she was at a show that the consultant had 3 stations for 3 recipes, she was running around like crazy it was WAY too much work and so she said no she waasn't interested. When she saw my D's show, she signed right there.

There is another consultant who's not on my team but on my recruiter's team who was taking tons of stuff. Her shows were over $1000 regularly but her recruiting suffered. We challenged her to take less. Her sales have decreased a bit, yes, but she recruited 4 people within the first 2 weeks.

If you make your job look hard, people are not going to be interested. Even if they were a little bit interested before, if they think it's going to be a lot of work, they're more likely to say no to you.

I've recruited 15 people since February and when I ask most of them why they joined, the ones who joined because of a show tell me it's because I made it seem like something THEY could do.

Sorry if I'm sounding preachy, I'm not trying to...obviously you can run your business the way you want to run it and if bringing everything but the kitchen sink is working for you, go for it! I just think we need to look at our business practices and see what would work for everything - sales, bookings and recruiting. If you have a super high show average and you want to recruit but it's not happening, you might want to think about changing things up a bit.

15 people since FEB!!!!
That is so AWESOME!!! OMG!!!!

What is your SECRET??????
You should be so proud of yourself! :sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

I wish I could communicate more with my hosts by e-mail. Unfortunately, they tell me that:* They have e-mail but never check it
* They don't have e-mail.So I waste a lot of time trying to connect with them by phone.As for the STUFF ... I used to bring very little ... because I HAD very little. Now I bring what I need for the recipe, plus other key items, especially if they represent an upcoming special. Bringing more doesn't have to mean the whole kitchen ... in other words ... why bring just a few scrapers when you can bring the whole tool turn-about ... that way you have other items to show/display. Takes up no more room and makes things easier ....

thecougchef said:
when i HOSTED my first show (which i also signed up afterwards) my now-director made jerk chicken nachos. she used the citrus press. i think almost everyone at my party bought the citrus press because we could see it. but its not really something that you would normally think about just purchasing. it makes a HUGE difference! i always end up bringing way too much stuff to my parties and sometimes i think it overwhelms people because i dont have alot of space to set things up at. it overwhelms ME when im demoing! i think this thread has motivated me to invest in a card table...
don't invest in a card table - just make sure your host has a table available for you to display things. Who needs another thing to carry?

Winnipegk said:

doing well at my shows but having trouble with recruiting. Maybe I need to take your advice. I always feel like I have to bring everything that I have just incase someone wants to see it.
So what would you typically take to a show? I definitely need help with getting recruits and this could be my problem.

I feel bad hijacking this thread too much so I'll post here with what I take to a show. If anyone has any other questions, maybe PM me.I take:
Whatever products I need for the recipe
If I don't use a Stone or Cookware in the recipe, I'll bring a small piece with me
Tool Turn About filled with whatever I can cram into it
Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup
All of my Forged Knives + Honing Tool
Oven Mitts
Cookbooks
Whatever else I have that's lying around that I can throw in the pockets of my tote - NOTHING BIG - just things like measuring cups, scrapers, apple wedger....it has to be light and must fit in my bag. I don't set it all up on the table. I just put out what will fit plus a couple of things on the coffee table.I know it's kind of vague...the basic rule I have is I won't take anything that won't fit in my tote. If I happen to be doing a recipe that needs 2 bowls or I'm using my pitcher, I'll put my TTA in the TTA Tote but that's the only bag I bring other than my tote and my paperwork.

winnepk - got a question for you - you recruited 15 since February - did they all qualify?

ltkacz said:
winnepk - got a question for you - you recruited 15 since February - did they all qualify?

6 qualified
2 never did anything
1 hasn't qualified yet - told me at the beginning she'd only do shows 1 week before she goes inactive....she's 1 show away from qualifying...not sure what her Why is really!
2 are in their first 90 days - slowly qualifying
4 are still in their first 30 days

Most of the extra products I take fit in the TTA - especially bamboo.

stefani2 said:
Most of the extra products I take fit in the TTA - especially bamboo.

Yes, I love when people get to see the Bamboo in person!

Something I've tried before and should really keep doing is moving the TTA to the tally area. That way when you're writing or calculating, people can look through it - often they'll find something else they'd like as well.

Winnipegk said:
Yes, I love when people get to see the Bamboo in person!

Something I've tried before and should really keep doing is moving the TTA to the tally area. That way when you're writing or calculating, people can look through it - often they'll find something else they'd like as well.

that is a great tip! gonna try that this week!

LOVE the TTA @ checkout idea as well! :) TY!

Such a simple idea that can have huge rewards!!

I used to take everything and now take what I need for the show and anything I wish to feature. I haven't seen a dip in sales because of it.

I agree with the comment about Host Coaching being the key. That is where I make a personal connection with my host and lay the foundation for a successful show.

I also agree there is more income to be earned via directorship, but one of the things I like most about this company (as opposed to so many other DS companies) is consultants can choose to not recruit and still have a good income.

Love the TTA idea as well....though that is one of the things I haven't been taking to shows lately.:blushing:

Okay - there were a ton of negative responses to this thread. Not sure why. I was just posting an alternative idea.
One thing to note is that I don't think all ideas necessarily translate from one country to another. In Canada, PC is fairly new, and it's a different atmosphere to be working in. Plus, although I know the recession is hitting globally now, I think things have been worse here in the US for a while.

I came here to add that in today's economy, and with Michigan being highest in unemployment, and lowest in Economic forecast.....this consultant that I posted about has continued to sell BIG! Even my Advanced & Senior Directors are taking a look at what she is doing. For October, so far she has turned in 3 shows....with $3500 in sales. That is an $1165 show avg. Don't you think that merits at least a look at what she is doing to be successful?

Becky~you are absolutely right about taking a 2nd look at what this lady is doing...and just remember, there are some people that will always see the negative first, especially if they "think" they can't have the same kind of success.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - there were a ton of negative responses to this thread. Not sure why. I was just posting an alternative idea.
One thing to note is that I don't think all ideas necessarily translate from one country to another. In Canada, PC is fairly new, and it's a different atmosphere to be working in. Plus, although I know the recession is hitting globally now, I think things have been worse here in the US for a while.

I came here to add that in today's economy, and with Michigan being highest in unemployment, and lowest in Economic forecast.....this consultant that I posted about has continued to sell BIG! Even my Advanced & Senior Directors are taking a look at what she is doing. For October, so far she has turned in 3 shows....with $3500 in sales. That is an $1165 show avg. Don't you think that merits at least a look at what she is doing to be successful?
I know! I also received that e-mail (thanks Jen). That is so amazing. I don't really know her very well, only met her at a meeting once. I wonder how much of her success has to do with her personality, too. I should see about attending one of her shows sometime. Her October has been just amazing.

JAE said:
I know! I also received that e-mail (thanks Jen). That is so amazing. I don't really know her very well, only met her at a meeting once. I wonder how much of her success has to do with her personality, too. I should see about attending one of her shows sometime. Her October has been just amazing.

I know her better as a cluster-mate. She is very sweet. But hey - I have as much personality...and I'm a great salesperson. Jen can't figure out her sales stats either, other than the way that she host coaches, and what she does at her shows.
At our Sept. Cluster Meeting, Jen had her present what she does before for host coaching, and what she does at her show.(which is when I started this thread) I'm going to cut and paste her letter that she sends to her hosts. She communicates almost exclusively via email...and does a display of products at the show. She said that the demo she does the most is Jerk Chicken Nachos...and she doesn't really do an interactive show. I'll be right back with the letter she sends - and the way that I revised it.

Okay - here is her letter that she sends:

Axxxx’s

tips for an Awesome

Pampered Chef Show!!
!​
Thank you for hosting a Pampered Chef Cooking Show with me! We’re going to have a great time. Besides having fun, my goal is to help you receive as many FREE PRODUCTS as possible. I’ve enclosed this helpful checklist to help you do just that! Please take a few minutes to read through this letter. After listening to other hosts, they have shared lots of tips to have a Very Successful Cooking Show!

Planning is as simple as 1-2-3 … Important EASY Steps:

1. Guest List - Maximize your rewards!

Invite anyone who eats! Friends, neighbors, friends at work, church, school, relatives, in-laws and out laws!
Don’t leave ANYONE out! No one gets offended by an invitation! Leave someone out & you’re sure to hear about it!
Over-invite!! Our target attendance is 15-20 guests. The way to achieve this is to invite at least 40 people. Usually 1/2 to 1/3 is able to attend & you always get those dreaded last minute cancellations.

2. Collect Catalog Orders - These make a HUGE difference to your show!

Boost your show sales by passing around extra catalogs and order forms to those who cannot attend your show.
Online Ordering: Guests who cannot attend can browse the entire catalog! They simply go to my website at http://www.pam......../axxxxxx, go to the Our Products section, and enter your first and last name in the host name field. Email Out of Town relatives and Friends. We can ship their order right to them! Additional S&H charges will be listed if they choose that option.
Try to set a goal to have at least 6 catalog orders before I come to your house. If a friend can’t attend your show, make sure to ask if they would like to see a catalog or even host their own cooking show. When you get 6 or more outside orders before your show, you will get to pick any one of our popular cookbooks as a special gift from me!!
Payment Options: Visa, MC, Discover, Amex, and Debit Cards with V/MC logo. Checks can be made out to me…Axxxx Nxxxxx.

3. Reminder Calls (2 days before the show)

Call everyone as a reminder - even those who said “Yes”.
Remind them to bring a friend or two and they’ll get a FREE Gift! If their friend can’t make it, bring an order for a Gift!! Who doesn’t like a FREE Gift?
They will appreciate this call. It helps with the attendance!!!

And here is my version - just changed a couple things....

Becky's

Tips for an

Awesome

Pampered Chef Show!!!

Thank you for hosting a Pampered Chef Cooking Show with me! We’re going to have a great time. Besides having fun, my goal is to help you receive as many FREE PRODUCTS as possible. I’ve enclosed this helpful checklist to help you do just that! Please take a few minutes to read through this letter. After listening to other hosts, they have shared lots of tips to have a Very Successful Cooking Show!

Planning is as simple as 1-2-3 … Important EASY Steps:

1. Guest List - Maximize your rewards!

Invite anyone who eats! Friends, neighbors, friends at work, church, school, relatives, in-laws and out-laws!
Don’t leave ANYONE out! No one gets offended by an invitation! Leave someone out & you’re sure to hear about it!
Over-invite!! Our target attendance is 15-20 guests. The way to achieve this is to invite at least 40 people. Usually 1/2 to 1/3 is able to attend & you always get those dreaded last minute cancellations.

2. Collect Outside Orders - These make a HUGE difference to your show!

Boost your show sales by passing around extra catalogs and order forms to those who cannot attend your show.
Online Ordering: Guests who cannot attend can browse the entire catalog! They simply go to my website at www.pam....../cookinwithbecky go to the Our Products section, and enter your first and last name in the host name field. Email Out of Town relatives and Friends. We can ship their order right to them! Additional S&H charges will be listed if they choose that option.
Try to set a goal to have at least 6 catalog orders before I come to your house. If a friend can’t attend your show, make sure to ask if they would like to see a catalog or even host their own cooking show. When you get 6 or more outside orders before your show, you will get to pick any one of our popular cookbooks as a special gift from me and Every Booking secured BEFORE the show is another $10 in free product for you!! (bookings must be dated and on my calendar)
Payment Options: Visa, MC, Discover, Amex, and Debit Cards with V/MC logo. Checks can be made out to me…Becky Dxxxxxx.

3. Reminder Calls (2 days before the show)

Call everyone as a reminder - even those who said “Yes”.
Remind them to bring a friend or two and they’ll get a FREE Gift! If their friend can’t make it, bring an order for a Gift!! Who doesn’t like a FREE Gift?
They will appreciate this call. It helps with the attendance!!!

These letters are great - thanks for posting them! When does she / do you send this?

Winnipegk said:
These letters are great - thanks for posting them! When does she / do you send this?

One month before the show she mails it to them, and then emails it to them after that. So, they get it snail mail and email.

She also sends a "don't forget to send your guest list" email
and a "How is everything going....don't forget about outside orders" email
and a "I'm excited about your show - here are your recipe choices" email.

She calls a couple days before the show to remind them about calling everyone, and then the day before to get a guest count.

Great idea about more email communication!! I have attributed my $100 increase in show average (from $450 to $550) to my host coaching. After attending conference in August, I put some new ideas in place (like the host letter) and have followed the three call method and have found a tremendous difference, but sometimes, life gets away on me and I don't get all the calls made to the host that I should be, so emailing more would be great, 'cause I can do that at 11 at night!! ;)

I do try to take some extra products to my shows, but have to start asking my hosts what her guests and her/him want to see.

As far as show format, I want to move away from the fully interactive show, because I lose control of the crowd and don't get a chance to do my "speels". Tonight, I am going to try a semi-interactive show and see how it goes.

PChefPEI said:
Great idea about more email communication!! I have attributed my $100 increase in show average (from $450 to $550) to my host coaching. After attending conference in August, I put some new ideas in place (like the host letter) and have followed the three call method and have found a tremendous difference, but sometimes, life gets away on me and I don't get all the calls made to the host that I should be, so emailing more would be great, 'cause I can do that at 11 at night!! ;)

I do try to take some extra products to my shows, but have to start asking my hosts what her guests and her/him want to see.

As far as show format, I want to move away from the fully interactive show, because I lose control of the crowd and don't get a chance to do my "speels". Tonight, I am going to try a semi-interactive show and see how it goes.

I feel like I gave the Interactive Show format a good try. I did it for several months and never was able to get really comfortable with it - plus often, the space that I had for a show just wasn't conducive to an interactive show.

Just this past week, I went back to my old show format - and at both of the shows I did, I got so many great comments about how much fun the show was, and what great tips I gave....and I had good bookings and sales. I felt way more at ease doing the show this way - and felt like I connected better with the guests. It was more fun for me...and so more fun for them too. I think I'm done with the interactive style show.

OK - I am doing a show tomorrow and packed last night but after reading this, I think I will repack.... I always take too much stuff..... got it from my director. She brings a lot and so I just duplicated it. One question - sorry I'm showing my ignorance - what is the TTA? Thanks

<h2>What is a $750 show average and how does this consultant achieve it?</h2><p>A $750 show average refers to the average sales amount at a Pampered Chef party. This particular consultant in the Michigan area has a $750 show average, meaning that her parties typically result in $750 in sales. She achieves this by using unique techniques such as email communication with hosts and bringing a display of products to her shows.</p><h2>How does this consultant communicate with her hosts?</h2><p>This consultant primarily communicates with her hosts through email. She sends weekly emails starting a month before the show, providing encouragement and information, including recipes. She also makes one phone call to the host before the show to confirm counts and directions. According to the consultant, most people prefer to communicate via email nowadays.</p><h2>Why does this consultant bring a whole display of products to her shows?</h2><p>This consultant brings a display of products to her shows in order to boost sales. In her experience, bringing a card table and setting up a display of products, including discontinued items, has resulted in higher sales. This may go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, but in a poor economy, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches to increase sales.</p><h2>Is email communication considered impersonal?</h2><p>While email may be seen as impersonal by some, this consultant believes that it is a preferred method of communication for many people. She has found success in using email to communicate with her hosts and provide them with information and updates. In today's electronic age, email may not be as impersonal as it once was thought to be.</p><h2>How has this consultant's techniques challenged traditional Pampered Chef teachings?</h2><p>This consultant's methods may seem to go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, such as bringing a display of products to a show and primarily using email communication. However, in a struggling economy and with changing communication preferences, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches in order to achieve success. This consultant's $750 show average and $1000 shows prove that her techniques are effective.</p>

Related to $750 Show Avg....how She Does It!

What is a $750 show average and how does this consultant achieve it?

A $750 show average refers to the average sales amount at a Pampered Chef party. This particular consultant in the Michigan area has a $750 show average, meaning that her parties typically result in $750 in sales. She achieves this by using unique techniques such as email communication with hosts and bringing a display of products to her shows.

How does this consultant communicate with her hosts?

This consultant primarily communicates with her hosts through email. She sends weekly emails starting a month before the show, providing encouragement and information, including recipes. She also makes one phone call to the host before the show to confirm counts and directions. According to the consultant, most people prefer to communicate via email nowadays.

Why does this consultant bring a whole display of products to her shows?

This consultant brings a display of products to her shows in order to boost sales. In her experience, bringing a card table and setting up a display of products, including discontinued items, has resulted in higher sales. This may go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, but in a poor economy, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches to increase sales.

Is email communication considered impersonal?

While email may be seen as impersonal by some, this consultant believes that it is a preferred method of communication for many people. She has found success in using email to communicate with her hosts and provide them with information and updates. In today's electronic age, email may not be as impersonal as it once was thought to be.

How has this consultant's techniques challenged traditional Pampered Chef teachings?

This consultant's methods may seem to go against traditional Pampered Chef teachings, such as bringing a display of products to a show and primarily using email communication. However, in a struggling economy and with changing communication preferences, it may be necessary to adapt and try new approaches in order to achieve success. This consultant's $750 show average and $1000 shows prove that her techniques are effective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
grgann
  • MLinAZ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies