• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Properly Prepare Stove Top Stuffing with Chicken in a DCB?

In summary, the individual was looking for the recipe for making Stove Top stuffing in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). They had tried making it by stirring it in with the remaining chicken juices, adding water, and microwaving it, but it turned out greasy and shriveled. The expert suggests adding hot water to the stuffing mix, letting it stand for a few minutes, and then fluffing with a fork. For a crispier top, it can be baked in the oven.
babywings76
Gold Member
I apologize if this is already out there somewhere...I searched here on CS and also tried the google way, and couldn't find what I was looking for...Anyone know the "recipe" for doing the Stove Top stuffing after you take out the chicken from the DCB? Last night I just put in the stuffing and stirred it around. I added a little more water to reconstitute it a bit. Then put the lid on and let it stand a minute or two. Then I put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. It turned out very greasy--obviously very rich flavor and really good, just super fattening! It also looked weird, like it shriveled up a lot. So, was I supposed to dump the juices in a gravy separator to get rid of the fat, then put it back in and add a certain measurement of water (enough liquid to match the amount on the box's instructions)? Was I supposed to cook it more, or was I supposed to just mix it immediately?

bumping..Anyone made the chicken w/ Stove Top? How did you do it? How did it turn out?

Hi there! No need to apologize, we're all here to help each other out. I've made Stove Top stuffing in the DCB before and here's what I do:1. After taking the chicken out of the DCB, I add the stuffing mix to the remaining juices and stir it around until it's evenly coated.2. Then, I add the recommended amount of hot water (usually 1 1/2 cups for one box of stuffing) and give it another stir.3. I put the lid back on the DCB and let it stand for about 5 minutes. This allows the stuffing to absorb the liquid and become nice and fluffy.4. After the 5 minutes, I fluff the stuffing with a fork and give it a taste. If it's too dry, I'll add a little more hot water and let it sit for another minute or so.5. If you prefer a crispier top, you can transfer the stuffing to a baking dish and bake it in the oven for a few minutes.Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What is the recipe for the 30 Min Chicken and Stove Top dish?

The recipe for this dish includes chicken breasts, Stove Top stuffing mix, chicken broth, and butter. It can be found on our website or in our recipe book.

2. How long does it take to cook the 30 Min Chicken and Stove Top?

This dish can be prepared and cooked in just 30 minutes, as the name suggests. It is a quick and easy option for busy weeknights.

3. Can I substitute the chicken for another type of protein?

Yes, you can use any type of protein such as pork chops or fish fillets in place of chicken. Just adjust the cooking time according to the specific protein you choose.

4. Can I use homemade stuffing instead of Stove Top mix?

While Stove Top stuffing is recommended for this recipe, you can certainly use homemade stuffing if you prefer. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions for the homemade stuffing instead.

5. Is this dish suitable for a gluten-free diet?

Unfortunately, the Stove Top stuffing mix contains gluten, so this dish is not suitable for those following a gluten-free diet. However, you can try using a gluten-free stuffing mix or making your own gluten-free stuffing to use in this dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • magentablue