• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2011 Countdown to National Conference

or both...depending on the situation.This will be my 3rd year going to conference and I get sooooooooooo excited when I see Rae's countdown. For everyone - please take the time to read her posts as the information is priceless! :DThank you, Linda.Noora, I'll miss your smiling face.
I don't know, your feet appear to be quite photogetic;) (did I spell that right?);!

I ordered my Chef Success button yesterday. Thanks Rae!

Today is May 6. There are 62 days until the start of National Conference.Bring along contact information for your shows in the few weeks after NC and postcard stamps. While you're in Chicago, pick up some postcards and send them to those hosts with a note that you're learning lots of great things to help make their shows a success. Think ahead tip: Buy extra postcards this year and put them away. Before your next NC trip, write, address, and stamp your postcards. That way you’ll just have to pop them in the mail once you arrive.

raebates said:
Today is May 6. There are 62 days until the start of National Conference.

Bring along contact information for your shows in the few weeks after NC and postcard stamps. While you're in Chicago, pick up some postcards and send them to those hosts with a note that you're learning lots of great things to help make their shows a success.

Think ahead tip: Buy extra postcards this year and put them away. Before your next NC trip, write, address, and stamp your postcards. That way you’ll just have to pop them in the mail once you arrive.

Love this one! I have picked up adorable little packets of notecards for each of my team members who are attending and will include them in their goody bags so they can send notes, too :)

Today is May 7. There are 61 days until the start of National Conference.Make plans to hit things hard when you get back from NC. You'll want to take advantage of that enthusiasm.My suggestion, though, is that you allow yourself one day (a full day, if possible) to rest and assimilate the information from NC. Go over your notes. Talk them over with a fellow consultant. Get the info into your head so that you can really benefit from the workshops you attend.

Today is May 7. There are 61 days until the start of National Conference.

Make plans to hit things hard when you get back from NC. You'll want to take advantage of that enthusiasm.

My suggestion, though, is that you allow yourself one day (a full day, if possible) to rest and assimilate the information from NC. Go over your notes. Talk them over with a fellow consultant. Get the info into your head so that you can really benefit from the workshops you attend.

Today is May 8. There are 60 days until the start of National Conference.Don't forget to do a few extra shows in June to get extra spending money, and fill your July calendar around NC so your bank account won't suffer.

to try and save money, I go to restaurant.com and see what the local restaurant coupons are and get purchase them when they are on sale at 80 cents for $25 GC. I check out the local area to see what is around the hotel we are staying and then purchase one And then my friends and I go for dinner and helps cut costs.

wingsey1 said:
to try and save money, I go to restaurant.com and see what the local restaurant coupons are and get purchase them when they are on sale at 80 cents for $25 GC. I check out the local area to see what is around the hotel we are staying and then purchase one And then my friends and I go for dinner and helps cut costs.

as a first-timer - any suggestions from the veterans on great places to try that won't break the bank?

You must go to Lou Malnati's pizza.....absolutley the best pizza wiht great service and plenty for your $$.

We choose one night to order authentic Chicago-style pizza to the room. We order a movie and have a pajama party.

raebates said:
We choose one night to order authentic Chicago-style pizza to the room. We order a movie and have a pajama party.

wahoo! what day and what room number??? lol.

Oh, Kristina, if I told you I'd have to tell everyone, and I'm not sure they make a pizza big enough to feed us all. ;)

raebates said:
Oh, Kristina, if I told you I'd have to tell everyone, and I'm not sure they make a pizza big enough to feed us all. ;)

hahahaha! they do if you come down here to san antonio, tx! check out big lou's pizza: http://biglouspizzaonline.com/

just ordered my Chef Success button! This is my first NC, so I'm nervous and excited about what I'm about to encounter! I love reading the tips from the 'veterans'

One year I went to a dinner theater play about the proabition days in Chicago. It was great. Check to see whats available.

Today is May 10. There are 58 days until the start of National Conference.Very few hotel rooms have enough convenient electrical outlets. If you're staying 4 to a room, you may want to make sure at least one of you brings along an outlet strip. That way everyone can plug in their cell phone to charge for the night. Also, if the only outlet is under the desk, you'll only have to crawl under there twice (once to plug it in, and once to unplug it) instead of twice a day to plug in and unplug your cell phone.I know I said to do this if you're staying 4 to a room, but I do this even when I'm traveling alone. It really simplifies things. As a matter of fact, I have a small outlet strip that simply lives in my suitcase.

Today is May 11. There are 57 days until the start of National Conference.Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell like, well, a hot, stuffy attic. Yes, I know it seems a bit early, but it can take a while to air out a suitcase, and I'm going to be suggesting that you start packing about a month before NC.

pchockeymom said:
I don't know, your feet appear to be quite photogetic;) (did I spell that right?);!

Sadly, my feet are the only photogenic part of my body. :eek:

(I just realized I hadn't responded to your very sweet post.)

Today is May 12. There are 56 days until the start of National Conference. You're likely to encounter people in Chicago asking for money. I know I usually do. I always hesitate to give cash, since I don't know how it will be used. I do like to help people, though. Someone gave me a great idea years ago. I take fast food gift certificates with me. There are fast food places everywhere downtown. I can give knowing it can only be used for food. Plus, I can determine a specific amount before I leave for Chicago. I can give a few of dollars' worth to each one. Once I'm out of certificates, I've given the amount I set aside for those donations.And, yes, I know that there are people who will trade cash or drugs for those gift certificates. That’s beyond my control. I just figure the easier I make it for someone to get food instead of drugs or alcohol the more likely they’ll be to use my gift for food.

raebates said:
Sadly, my feet are the only photogenic part of my body. :eek:

(I just realized I hadn't responded to your very sweet post.)

That's not true!!! I saw your pic on the forum profile on consultant corner and you're beautiful!

Thank you, Kristina. You're very sweet.

Today is May 13. There are 55 days until the start of National Conference.You're packing your June and July schedules. I know you are. Don't forget to block out a bit of family time before and/or after NC. You'll also want to plan for a day or two to absorb all the NC info and start putting new ideas in place.

Today is May 14. There are 54 days until the start of National Conference. Travel can cause, um, digestive issues. While at NC, it would be easy to eat too little fiber and drink too little water. Plan ahead. Take some high-fiber snacks with you. Dried fruit, snack bars (good ones like Cliff or Lara), and the like are portable and tasty. Make a conscious effort to drink lots of water. If you're picky about your water, take some of your favorite with you. Otherwise, just take along a refillable sport bottle. There are usually conveniently placed pitchers of water at each workshop. You'll feel better if you’re well hydrated.

Today is May 15. There are 53 days until the start of National Conference.

Don't forget to pack sunscreen. Chances are you'll be doing a bit of walking around Chicago. The sun can be brutal in July. We all want to stay comfortable and healthy. Sunburns are definitely not comfortable, and skin cancer is not healthy.

Last edited:
Today is May 16. There are 52 days until the start of National Conference.I know there are lots of fun things to in the evening after the sessions. You’re probably already starting to make plans. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actually one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

Today is May 17. There are 51 days until the start of National Conference.If you haven't started a packing list, start it soon. It's probably best to make sure it's portable so you can jot things down as you think of them. Don't over pack, though. How to strike a balance? Why not talk with your roommates? You can probably share some things.

Today is May 17. There are 51 days until the start of National Conference.

If you haven't started a packing list, start it soon. It's probably best to make sure it's portable so you can jot things down as you think of them. Don't over pack, though. How to strike a balance? Why not talk with your roommates? You can probably share some things.

I just have to say it--Thank you Rae for all your words of wisdom. I'm on Track A also and look forward to meeting you. I'm certain that the "newbies" like myself truely appreciate everything you say. If anyone still hasn't purchased their airline ticket yet and are using Southwest Airlines you should check your rates during the week. I purchased mine immediately when I signed on with PC on April 3rd so it was the weekend. Since then I've discovered that they raise their rates every weekend and lower them back down during the week. Be vigilant and if your fare does drop you can change your reservation and they give you a credit for future travel good for a year. So now I have $$ to use toward next year's conference ticket.

Great tip, Liseit. I'm glad you're finding the countdown helpful. I look forward to meeting you, too.

Today is May 18. There are 50 days until the start of National Conference.What to pack? Make a plan. You'll need business casual clothing with comfortable shoes for three days of workshops/sessions plus attire for anything extra you’re doing while you’re in Chicago. You’ll also need toiletries, a pen or two, and paper (note pad, loose paper, whatever you feel comfortable taking notes on). Yes, most workshops have handouts, but you might not want to take notes on them. For one thing, there might not be enough room on the sheets. For another, you might want to share the handouts with others. This is easier if they don’t have your notes all over them. For the last couple of years they’ve had a great booklet in which to take notes, but I still found my notebook handy.

Today is May 18. There are 50 days until the start of National Conference.

What to pack? Make a plan. You'll need business casual clothing with comfortable shoes for three days of workshops/sessions plus attire for anything extra you’re doing while you’re in Chicago. (Of course, if you get the conference T-shirt that takes care of one day.) You’ll also need toiletries, a pen or two, and paper (note pad, loose paper, whatever you feel comfortable taking notes on). Yes, most workshops have handouts, but you might not want to take notes on them. For one thing, there might not be enough room on the sheets. For another, you might want to share the handouts with others. This is easier if they don’t have your notes all over them. For the last couple of years they’ve had a great booklet in which to take notes, but I still found my notebook handy.

Today is May 19. There are 51 days until the start of National Conference.Okay, so now that you know what type of clothes you'll need, make your plan. Plan out each outfit down to the jewelry you'll wear. Can you wear the same shoes* for more than one of your outfits? How about the same jewelry? Every decision either takes up more suitcase space or allows you more room.One note about packing light. It is incredibly rude to expect the people with you to help you with your baggage. (The one exception to that is if you have a physical disability or limitation of some sort.) Pack no more than you can comfortably carry by yourself. I don’t mean what you can barely lug from your front door to your car. I mean what you can carry from baggage claim to the shuttle, from the parking garage to the front desk, etc. It’s also a good idea if you’re flying to talk with your travel companions. Ask if they check their baggage or do carry-on only. They’ll be ticked if they are planning to head right from the plane to the shuttles but have to wait for you at baggage claim.*Since we do so much walking and quite a bit of standing, it would probably be best for your feet if you alternate shoes. Wearing the same shoes several days in a row can worsen foot pain. If your shoes are comfortable except for the fact that the balls of your feet seem to take a pounding, consider cushions. They can save your feet. I actually use them in my cute sneakers, since they have very thin soles.

Rae you are so apprecitaed for all you remind us all to do and pack all I can say is WOW and Thanks

My packing tip is to leave some room in your suitcase. If you jam pack it on the way to Chicago, you're not going to have room to bring home the paperwork, give-aways, anything you purchase, etc. on the way home. I like getting as much of the heavy stuff like mini catalogs in my suitcase so I don't have to carry it in my carry on. Though last year, the packs of recipe cards that we all packed in our checked bags set off the security sensors so we had to take them out at the airport and put them in carry on. That was no fun riffling through my undies to pull them out of the suitcase in the middle of the airport lobby.

Dina, it's my pleasure. This actually helps me to keep on track so that I'm not rushed at the last minute.Becca, great tip.

Dina, it's my pleasure. This actually helps me to keep on track so that I'm not rushed at the last minute.

Becca, great tip.

Today is May 20. There are 48 days until the start of National Conference.

The following was originally shared a few years ago by ChefAnn. Some of these we have little control over for NC (like planning too much in one day). Not every one applies directly to NC. Still, they’re good general travel tips.

8 mistakes that can spoil any trip

1. Winging it. Know where you're going to stay for at least the first night, especially after a long flight.

2. Packing too much. Limit yourself to one suitcase and one carry-on. Put a change of clothes and your daily medication in the carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.

3. Forgetting essential items. Make a list of things you frequently forget and put it in your empty suitcase.

4. Trying to do too much. Limit the number of activities you plan into each day. Schedule free days for long trips.

5. Trying to get too much work done at the last minute. Spread things out. You'll never have enough time to finish everything the day before you leave.

6. Calling the office too much. This can be a sign of insecurity or trying too hard to control everything. Your boss and co-workers know how to reach you in an emergency, right?

7. Misplacing essential items. Keep boarding passes, identification, passports, trip itineraries, and other documents in one small, easy-to-get-to pouch or bag. Put a bright sticker or ribbon on your luggage to make it stand out.

8. Leaving town without making arrangements to have the mail and newspaper picked up - a sure sign to would-be thieves that your house is empty.​

Re: packing for NC - Here's what I do:
Take my carry on bag w/wheels and "line" it with the softside piece that came with my set, then pack as usual. After conference, I use the softside as my carry on for the return trip and load all the heavy stuff in the wheeled bag that gets checked.

Today is May 21. There are 47 days until the start of National Conference.Make sure you leave the hotel and conference center info for your family. They'll feel more secure knowing where to reach you in case of an emergency. Cell phones are wonderful, but they aren't perfect. Knowing exactly where you'll be is helpful. I’ve also started leaving an agenda for The Furry Guy. A couple of years ago he called my cell phone in the middle of the night because he was thinking I’d be home that day. He was concerned when it got late and I hadn’t returned. Knowing my general schedule helps him not to worry.

On May 22, there were 46 days until the start of National Conference.(Sorry. I didn't even log on yesterday.)Traveling by air? Photograph your luggage and its contents just before you leave. If it gets lost, you'll have a record for the airline. (And, just being prepared often wards off this type of bad luck. You know, it’s the same principle as carrying an umbrella so that it won't rain.)It's also a good idea to squeeze the air out of your toiletry bottles before packing them in your luggage. It lessens the likelihood of them exploding because of air pressure changes.

Today is May 23. There are 45 days until the start of National Conference.Are there things on your list that you’ll need to purchase before you leave? Start purchasing them now. By buying one or two things each week or two, you’ll spread out the expense so that it’s barely noticeable. After all, it's just over 6 weeks away.

WOW! Only 6 more weeks!!!

I'm excited!

OMG...reality check!! 6 weeks sounds so much closer than 45 days!!:p
I cant wait!

That's right. It's 6 weeks from Thursday. It will be here before we know it. After all, we have 2 holidays between now and then--Memorial Day and Independence Day.

Today is May 24. There are 44 days until the start of National Conference.Once you've arrived at your hotel room, unpack. I know it's tempting to drop your bags and run out to meet all the other consultants and, especially, the other Cheffers. However, if you'll take just a few minutes to hang up your clothes, put your toiletries in the bathroom, etc., you'll save yourself time in the long run. Plus, if you're sharing the room and you're the first one to arrive, you get to stake out prime real estate for yourself. One odd thing I do is clean my room. I take along a small travel pack of wipes and use them on the light switches, doorknobs, phone, clock/radio, and remote. These are things that aren’t necessarily cleaned by the housekeeping staff, and I just feel better giving them a quick wipe.

Rae,

You mentioned you have a small outlet strip that you travel with...Do you have it in your carry on or checked luggage?

One odd thing I do is clean my room. I take along a small travel pack of wipes and use them on the light switches, doorknobs, phone, clock/radio, and remote. These are things that aren’t necessarily cleaned by the housekeeping staff, and I just feel better giving them a quick wipe.

I like this idea. I'm not a germaphobe by any means but door handles and light switches are rarely cleaned and the most germy areas of a room. Thanks for the idea.

<h2>1. What are the dates and location of the 2011 National Conference?</h2><p>The 2011 National Conference will take place from July 8th to July 10th, 2011 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.</p><h2>2. How do I register for the National Conference?</h2><p>You can register for the National Conference through the Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner (CC) website. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Events" tab to find the National Conference registration link.</p><h2>3. What are the registration fees for the National Conference?</h2><p>The registration fee for the National Conference is $275 per person. This fee covers all conference materials, sessions, and some meals. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.</p><h2>4. Is there a deadline for registration?</h2><p>Yes, the deadline for National Conference registration is June 7th, 2011. After this date, registration will only be available on-site at the conference and will incur an additional fee.</p><h2>5. Can I bring a guest to the National Conference?</h2><p>Yes, you may bring one guest to the National Conference for an additional fee of $75. However, only registered consultants are permitted to attend the training sessions and workshops.</p>

1. What are the dates and location of the 2011 National Conference?

The 2011 National Conference will take place from July 8th to July 10th, 2011 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.

2. How do I register for the National Conference?

You can register for the National Conference through the Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner (CC) website. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Events" tab to find the National Conference registration link.

3. What are the registration fees for the National Conference?

The registration fee for the National Conference is $275 per person. This fee covers all conference materials, sessions, and some meals. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.

4. Is there a deadline for registration?

Yes, the deadline for National Conference registration is June 7th, 2011. After this date, registration will only be available on-site at the conference and will incur an additional fee.

5. Can I bring a guest to the National Conference?

Yes, you may bring one guest to the National Conference for an additional fee of $75. However, only registered consultants are permitted to attend the training sessions and workshops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates