• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2011 Countdown to National Conference

or both...depending on the situation.This will be my 3rd year going to conference and I get sooooooooooo excited when I see Rae's countdown. For everyone - please take the time to read her posts as the information is priceless! :DThank you, Linda.Noora, I'll miss your smiling face.
LOL! Then, Teresa, you really might benefit from a fitting. I have no connection with any bra-fitting company. I just know that it made a huge difference in how comfortable I am. It also made a real difference in how my clothes fit.

You've been watching too much Oprah! LOL!

I'm up here in the boondocks. I don't even know if there is a place around here that would do bra fittings. I'll have to check into it. Is it any worse than a mammogram? ; )

Trust me, it's not too much Oprah. I never watch the show. I discovered bra fittings through research on creating a style that would work for my short, short-waisted, curvy figure. It's no where near as bad as a mammogram--no squishing involved. I did have to get over my concern about having someone in the dressing room with me, but I figured it was her job. I probably didn't have anything she hadn't seen before--bumps, bulges, and cellulite included. To find a good bra fitter, look for places that cater to post-mastectomy needs. I know it sounds weird, but I've found that many of those places offer great bra-fitting services for everyone. An internet search for bra fitting might work, too. Some upscale department stores have bra fitters available. Some intimate apparel places (like Victoria's Secret) employ them as well. Just make sure it's and actual trained fitter and not just someone with a measuring tape. There's a difference between properly measuring you for a bra (which just about anyone can do) and doing a proper bra fitting.

is every little NC tidbit under the NC tab on CC? or should I be looking everywhere on CC for info?

It should all be under the NC tab eventually.

I'm starting to take notes for my feedback survey after Conference. I really want to blast Experient for the housing registration, and I know I will forget by the time July comes around.

raebates said:
To find a good bra fitter, look for places that cater to post-mastectomy needs. I know it sounds weird, but I've found that many of those places offer great bra-fitting services for everyone. An internet search for bra fitting might work, too. Some upscale department stores have bra fitters available. Some intimate apparel places (like Victoria's Secret) employ them as well. Just make sure it's and actual trained fitter and not just someone with a measuring tape. There's a difference between properly measuring you for a bra (which just about anyone can do) and doing a proper bra fitting.

I spent YEARS wearing the wrong bras. Another place to look is a place that caters to nursing moms. A nursing mom needs a good fitting bra to encourage milk production. After I had my son, I finally got fitted and was amazed to discover that what I had been wearing before his birth wasn't even close to a proper fit.

DO NOT let someone tell you that if the cup is too small, just go up a number or two. (You might be able to get away with one band size, but go up two band sizes and you have no support at all. You might as well go braless and no one wants to look at that! This is why so many people run around with the girls around their navel.) Did you know that cups come larger than D and DD? They go up to L. I am an I or J depending on the manufacturer.

Today is April 19. There are 79 days until the start of National Conference.If your loved ones are questioning your desire to go to NC, do your best to include them in the excitement. Have them help you brainstorm about things to take, things to ask, things to see . . .

I am an I or J depending on the manufacturer.

Bragger! LOL!

Back to the conference talk! I wish I could go.....

Teresa LM said:
I am an I or J depending on the manufacturer.

Bragger! LOL!

Back to the conference talk! I wish I could go.....

NOT by a long shot!! You have no idea how hard it is to find a decent fitting one. Because of the size I am, I also have to shell out big bucks for every one I have, they are not cheap!! Sometimes I get lucky and can find them for $40, $50-$60 each is the norm!! I would love to be tiny and spend $10 on them. I also know better than to even think of going to Victoria's Secret or WalMart, they do not carry my size and try to convice me I can just go up a band or two.

I ony mentioned that to emphasize the importance of not going up in band size by more than one size (sometimes they're more comfortable). If it's too loose, they don't hold anything at all.

This is exactly why a bra fitter is important. Women seem to think that going up a couple of band sizes will make the bra more comfortable. That's not true. The band should be doing most of the work of holding your breasts in place. If you're concerned about back bulges (which can be a problem even for fit women), go with a wider (not larger) band.

Today is April 20. There are 78 days until National Conference. Use CS to talk incessantly about NC. Yes, I said to include your family, but they probably don't want to hear constant chatter about it. However, do make sure they know that you'll miss them; you'll bring them souvenirs; and they'll benefit from the extra money you'll make because of the business boost you'll get.

First time to Conference here.. what does Track A and Track B mean? is that just a way to get fewer people in a room at once?

Deanna, the general sessions will be for everyone at the same time. But otherwise, yes - it makes it easier to get 7000 people through lunch, workshops, Merrill, etc!

Deanna, if you go to the NC info on CC there's a link to the track assignments. They're based on your National Executive Director (NED).

Today is April 21. There are 77 days until the start of National Conference.

If you haven’t done so already, start a file. I keep 2 NC files--1 in a file folder, the other on my computer. This is where I keep all NC materials--confirmations, receipts, lists, etc. I use the computer file for anything I don't want to waste a lot of paper on. The folder is for anything I might want to take with me (like a hotel confirmation, registration confirmation, etc.).

Getting organized now helps me to stay organized all the way through NC.

Today is April 22. There are 76 days until the start of National Conference.lways double-check. It's easy to get used to relying on your director, your recruiter, your clustermates, or your friends here at CS for information. We're good, but we're not perfect. The best source of information is the HO. Make sure you're reading what they send and what's posted on CC.

Does anyone know what the cost of NC registration is? I'm a new consultant and have already qualified with sales and shows and earned $200 PC dollars plus the bonus $50 off registration. I'm just wondering how much more I am going to need.

Liseit said:
Does anyone know what the cost of NC registration is? I'm a new consultant and have already qualified with sales and shows and earned $200 PC dollars plus the bonus $50 off registration. I'm just wondering how much more I am going to need.

Registration for conference itself (not including hotel, travel expenses, etc) - is $200. So for you, it would be $150...you could use some or all of your PC Dollars towards the fee, and still have some left over.

Today is April 23. There are 75 days until the start of National Conference. I like to look my best at NC. Since I have colored hair in a fairly short style, that means making sure that my cut and color are reasonably fresh. I've already set my appointments for the next couple of months so I can make sure I'm feeling cute for NC. I usually get a manicure the day before I leave for NC. This is a rare treat for me--generally the only professional manicure I get for the year. I'll make that appointment soon. That way I'll be able to get the time that's most convenient for me.If any of this is a concern for you as well, you might want to make your appointment(s) now. Make sure your stylist will be available when you need him/her.

Today is April 24. There are 74 days until the start of National Conference.Yesterday I talked about looking good. Today I want to remind you to do what you can to make sure you feel good. NC is physically and mentally stressful. It's good stress, but it's still stress. You have just over 10 weeks to prepare yourself. Here are my suggestions:Make getting rest a priority. If you're not well rested when you arrive, you're likely to struggle. After all, there are lots of things to do, so you might be staying up late and getting up early. Most people don't sleep as well in a strange bed. Most of us will be sharing a room with others, which can impair your sleep. These won't be as much of an issue if your sleep bank is full to begin with. Start walking. There is a lot of walking at NC. Get moving now so you won't feel like you've been hit by a truck on day 2.Eat well. Fueling your body with good food in the weeks ahead is a good way to make sure you're healthy and energetic when you arrive at NC. You know what that means. Eat your veggies. Go for lean proteins and whole grains. Avoid overly processed foods. Avoid empty calories. Who knows? It's possible that these will become good habits that will become part of a healthy lifestyle that lasts long after this NC.

Good advice Rae. I was out of shape last year and I could tell it and I've vowed not to be that way this year. Plus, gotta get in shape for that cruise next year!

Today is April 25. There are 73 days until the start of National Conference.Ken Davis shared these ideas on a blog. He was talking about how to get the most out of the conferences he does, but I think they translate well to NC.Make these resolutions to help you maximize your experiences:1. Resolve to RelaxSo many times we go into new situations tense and defensive, fearful of change and concerned about what people will think. We assume a negative posture that stifles creativity and inhibits learning.
  • Anticipate a great experience
  • Believe that you will learn something helpful
  • Don’t set yourself up to compete. You have nothing to prove. Learning is not competition it is absorption. Become a happy Sponge Bob Square Pants. Soak it up!
2. Resolve to Disarm
We put it this way, “Leave your guns at the door.” All those little tricks and stories and shortcuts that you usually use when the pressure is on; the candy stick, shoot from the hip easy way out solutions that keep you from trying new things, leave them at the door. Open yourself up to learn new techniques. Risk by exploring new ideas. When you leave the conference you can pick up your guns and take them with you. You may not need them anymore. OR you may find them more affective with the new material you have learned. By leaving them at the door you will resist the temptation to depend on them and miss out on learning something new. [Rae's note: The basics are always going to be the basics, so also leave your “I’ve heard that before”/“I’ve tried that before” attitude at the door. Be open to trying out the tried and true. It got that way for a reason.]3. Resolve to connect
Dive in. Introduce yourself to instructors and other attendees. Ask questions, offer insight. Eat and talk and laugh with other people. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF! In twenty years of doing workshops I can count on one hand and half of one foot the number of people who said they got nothing out of it. ALL OF THEM remained isolated and refused to get involved with the people around them. Some felt they knew it all. Usually those were sent by someone who knew they didn’t. Others never disconnected from phone - computer - business, so even though they were physically at the conference, mentally they never left the office. 4. Resolve to commit
I ask our students to commit to what we are teaching just for the length of the conference. Long enough to try the principles, get past the discomfort of doing something NEW, and experience the difference it will make in their performance. Once they leave, I give them permission to dump the whole thing and shoot me with the guns they left at the door, BUT BY THEN THEY ARE HOOKED. [Rae's note: I usually commit to trying new things for 3 or 6 months. I promise myself to love them for that long, and then I evaluate the results of the change.]The new grip suggested by a golf pro seems intolerable until you commit to practice it until it becomes natural. Only then will you hit the 250 yard drive or sink the 15 foot putt.Try these resolutions the next time you are at a conference.

Today is April 26. There are 72 days until the start of National Conference.Are your hotel reservations set? If you're staying at a conference hotel, make sure you have all of your roommates listed (with consultant numbers). This really will make things easier in the long run. Be sure to read through all of the rules and guidelines for conference hotels. You'll want to know your rights and responsibilities just in case.

I look forward to your daily post and count down! My trepidation is turning to excitement! Thank you for all your little tips:)

Ditto what pchockeymom said!

raebates said:
This is exactly why a bra fitter is important. Women seem to think that going up a couple of band sizes will make the bra more comfortable. That's not true. The band should be doing most of the work of holding your breasts in place. If you're concerned about back bulges (which can be a problem even for fit women), go with a wider (not larger) band.

Just wondering what the guys are thinking about all this BRA talk, LOL!! Haven't seen any response from them, haha!!

Thank you so much for your kind words.And, the guys are used to the bra talk. They know they're in the minority. My guess is that the guys most likely to comment aren't reading this thread.

Today is April 27. There are 71 days until the start of National Conference.

We have just over 2 months before NC. You'll probably have several shows in that time. You'll do host coaching. You'll make lots of calls. Start taking a critical look at what you're doing, why you're doing it, and how it's working.

Here are a few reasons I can think of for taking a close look at your business before NC.

1. You'll know what areas to target when you're asking questions and taking workshop notes.

2. You'll know what's working well. You're likely to be asked for tips and advice while at NC. By really studying your business, you'll know what to tell those who ask.

3. You'll have a chance to make your business better before you even go. You may discover areas where you can change or streamline to make your business what you want it to be.

Conference registration is open May 9th. I read something about registering early so I can be sure to get in the seminars I want to attend. So my question is - when, where, and how do I find out about these seminars? And, what if my level changes, say to director, before conference and I am then eligible for more workshops/seminars. Am I able to change the ones I picked or am I stuck? And, if after doing the just mentioned business analysis (great advice by the way), and determine there's an area I'd like to learn more about but am not signed up for a seminar about it, then what? One last question, will all the seminars be recorded and available to purchase cd's of before we leave conference or can we place an order at conference then PC ship the recordings to us when they're ready?

Thanks in advance :D

raebates said:
Thank you so much for your kind words.

And, the guys are used to the bra talk. They know they're in the minority. My guess is that the guys most likely to comment aren't reading this thread.
Yes but not a one of them piped up to say ANYTHING!! Even KG!

pchockeymom said:
Conference registration is open May 9th. I read something about registering early so I can be sure to get in the seminars I want to attend. So my question is - when, where, and how do I find out about these seminars? And, what if my level changes, say to director, before conference and I am then eligible for more workshops/seminars. Am I able to change the ones I picked or am I stuck? And, if after doing the just mentioned business analysis (great advice by the way), and determine there's an area I'd like to learn more about but am not signed up for a seminar about it, then what? One last question, will all the seminars be recorded and available to purchase cd's of before we leave conference or can we place an order at conference then PC ship the recordings to us when they're ready?

Thanks in advance :D

When you register it will show you what's available for classes at your level now. You can change any time up until a certain point before conference and can change at conference when you pick up your packet. No CD's but they are usually loaded into the online training center!

In the past they've posted the workshops opening day of registration or maybe a day or two before. They'll be posted on CC with the other NC info. If your level changes you'll be able to change the workshops. As a matter of fact, if you simply decide you want to change you can do that as long as there's still room. After a certain point you need to make those changes at NC at the registration area.Once NC is over the HO chooses the best of the presentations for each workshop and makes those available free as downloads on CC.

Today is April 28. There are 70 days until the start of National Conference.Make sure you have your roommates' and clustermates' phone numbers programmed into your phone. That will help you keep track of one another and adjust plans if necessary.

Today is April 29. There are 69 days until the start of National Conference.Many of us Cheffers will share phone numbers. On my old phone I programmed these under "Cheffer - pampered chef consultant," now I have them categorized as a group. Either way makes it easier for my brain to find the person I'm looking for.

Last edited:
So.. Im new to. I was wondering is NC worth it. It would cost me about $800 to go.. Is it worth it?

I always find it worth my cost. I come back energized, informed, and ready to really hit my business hard. That said, I never encourage anyone to spend what they can't afford. If you can't afford to invest $800 right now in your business, don't. Many of us will post notes from NC. Recordings of the workshops will be available on CC. Only you can decide if it's worth it for you.

Today is April 30. There are 68 days until the start of National Conference.I take a hard copy of all of the numbers (roommates, clustermates, and Cheffers) just in case I have trouble with my phone. If something happens (i lose my phone, I break my phone, my phone dies, etc.), I want to be able to use another phone to call.

Have 3 spaces available for hotel. 1 blk from shuttles to conference. Free brkfst and free 2 hour happy hour in the evenings. $50.00 each person approx. Suite with living room. [email protected]

I take a hard copy of all of the numbers (roommates, clustermates, and Cheffers) just in case I have trouble with my phone.

In the computer age, hard copies of nearly everything are a good thing! Also, a backup off-site from your normal computer area. Easier said than done but wouldn't it be good to know that your photos and all the other important information that is on your computer is also backed up elsewhere, in case of fire or theft? Easier said than done but it really is a good idea!

Love the countdown!!!!!!!!!! And I earned conference YAH!!!!!!!!!!

Today is May 1. There are 67 days until the start of National Conference.You might want to slip a nightlight in your luggage. You can plug it into the outlet in the bathroom to help everyone find their way to the potty in the middle of the night. I do this whenever I travel. Now I rarely have to do the stubbed-toe dance in the middle of the night.

My roommate did that last year and I so appreciated that. Ya think after __years of travel I would know that??? Ha! NOT. Sometimes July seems so far away but 67 days is right around the corner!
Love these tips, Rae :love:

raebates said:
Today is May 1. There are 67 days until the start of National Conference.

You might want to slip a nightlight in your luggage. You can plug it into the outlet in the bathroom to help everyone find their way to the potty in the middle of the night. I do this whenever I travel. Now I rarely have to do the stubbed-toe dance in the middle of the night.

THANKS RAE!!!
Here's an email from my team member, Tracy - it is such a great idea I had to share it -
"I thought of another good idea. Tag all chargers, etc. so that there is no confusion as to who they belong to. With the iphone and android so popular I'm sure we will all have the same. Take a label maker, type out your initials and attach.
We will all have camera chargers to, hair dryers, etc."

Nightlight idea is a great idea! Also, the tagging of cords. Thanks ladies!

I bring a candle to have in the room

PCJenni said:
I bring a candle to have in the room

The basic principle here is good, but candles can really be dangerous. An LED lantern or flashlight is safer.

Today is May 2. There are 66 days until the start of National Conference.One of the things we’ll get when we register at NC is a tote* of some kind. There will probably be an announcement soon about this year’s tote. I take the things I want to be sure to carry with me (paper, pens, and such) in a plastic bag. This way I can fold up the bag or toss it as soon as I get everything situated in my new tote. *At least, this is what they’ve done in the past. I’m assuming they’ll continue the tradition.

Today is May 3. There are 65 days until the start of National Conference.Not taking along a bit of technology that will allow you to check your email? Go ahead and set up your email auto response today. A lot of email services let you set a start and end date for vacation responses. I usually set mine to start the day I leave and end a couple of days after I get back. That gives me a little time to get around to reading through all of the emails. I simply say that I’m off learning how to become an even better consultant and getting a sneak peek at the new products that will be out this fall. I leave my phone number so they can get to me if they have a PC emergency. If your email doesn’t allow you to set yours up ahead of time, you might want to set yourself a reminder to do this the day you leave.

raebates said:
Today is May 1. There are 67 days until the start of National Conference.

You might want to slip a nightlight in your luggage. You can plug it into the outlet in the bathroom to help everyone find their way to the potty in the middle of the night. I do this whenever I travel. Now I rarely have to do the stubbed-toe dance in the middle of the night.

having traveled with young kids, I've always done this. It works great. I don't always remember to pack up my nightlight though- so don't take something you'll truly kick yourself for forgetting! :D

Today is May 4. There are 64 days until National Conference.I want you to make me a promise. If you take a picture of me at NC you’ll make sure that you’re taking it from slightly above my eye line and not below it. People photograph better from this angle. With digital cameras it’s common for people to hold the camera down just under their own eye line or even under their own chin level. If you’ll hold it slightly above your eyes (or even better, a little above your head), your subjects will look better. People will love you for it. Start practicing now so it will be habit by the time you take pictures at NC. Speaking of cameras, be sure to clear your digital camera or get new storage for NC. It would be a shame for you to miss out on a great shot because your memory was full.

<h2>1. What are the dates and location of the 2011 National Conference?</h2><p>The 2011 National Conference will take place from July 8th to July 10th, 2011 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.</p><h2>2. How do I register for the National Conference?</h2><p>You can register for the National Conference through the Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner (CC) website. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Events" tab to find the National Conference registration link.</p><h2>3. What are the registration fees for the National Conference?</h2><p>The registration fee for the National Conference is $275 per person. This fee covers all conference materials, sessions, and some meals. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.</p><h2>4. Is there a deadline for registration?</h2><p>Yes, the deadline for National Conference registration is June 7th, 2011. After this date, registration will only be available on-site at the conference and will incur an additional fee.</p><h2>5. Can I bring a guest to the National Conference?</h2><p>Yes, you may bring one guest to the National Conference for an additional fee of $75. However, only registered consultants are permitted to attend the training sessions and workshops.</p>

1. What are the dates and location of the 2011 National Conference?

The 2011 National Conference will take place from July 8th to July 10th, 2011 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.

2. How do I register for the National Conference?

You can register for the National Conference through the Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner (CC) website. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Events" tab to find the National Conference registration link.

3. What are the registration fees for the National Conference?

The registration fee for the National Conference is $275 per person. This fee covers all conference materials, sessions, and some meals. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.

4. Is there a deadline for registration?

Yes, the deadline for National Conference registration is June 7th, 2011. After this date, registration will only be available on-site at the conference and will incur an additional fee.

5. Can I bring a guest to the National Conference?

Yes, you may bring one guest to the National Conference for an additional fee of $75. However, only registered consultants are permitted to attend the training sessions and workshops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates