• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$2 Insurance Deduction Question

In summary, Janet was told that the $2 insurance deduction comes out of their commission statement at both Mid month and Month End checks. Janet is going to call tomorrow to ask what the out of balance message means.
BlessedWifeMommy
Does the $2 insurance deduction come out of our commission statement at both Mid month and Month End checks?

I just checked my March and both commission statements show the deduction. I looked back and this is the first month I noticed this happening???

I think it's for insurance for us at cooking shows, in case "something" happens. Like, if we get hurt while using a knife or something. I might be wrong :confused:

Upon the Company's acceptance of this Agreement, I authorize the Company to automatically deduct: (a) $6.25 from my commissions twice annually to cover shipping and handling of new seasonal paperwork necessary to conduct my business and (b) $2.00 each month from my commissions to cover demonstrator liability insurance.Were you active all last month? Had sales? The second deduction could be a make-up for a missed one on a previous month.

Thanks Janet, That makes sense the one on the mid-month must have been a make-up from February, I did a show, but it didn't close until March.

Thanks for saving me a phone call!!!

We'll than I don't know what my excuse is because I've had several months where they have charged me twice.

Ok. Maybe it was just one month but it was out of the same check.
Adjustments:
Adjustment Number Description Adjust. Amt.
ID0209 XXX INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00
ID1208 XXX INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00

I guess I should call about that.

Last edited:
amyscookinggear said:
Ok. Maybe it was just on month but it was out of the same check.
Adjustments:
ID0209 XXX INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00
ID1208 XXX INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00

I guess I should call about that.

That shows a deduction for February '09 and also a makeup one for 12/08.

ok that just gets confusing. Why don't they just take the deduction out of the first paycheck of the month? then if you don't have shows in the second half you don't have that double up.

amyscookinggear said:
ok that just gets confusing. Why don't they just take the deduction out of the first paycheck of the month? then if you don't have shows in the second half you don't have that double up.

That would make sense. But I'm sure they have a good reason not to.

amyscookinggear said:

Because the insurance deductions are set up to be taken out automatically one time a month, just like other deductions.(like conference club) Some consultants still don't have direct deposit, so they only get paid once a month - they don't have that mid-month payment on the 22nd.

So, in the interest of streamlining (and not having to keep track of who gets it taken out when) it's done on the one definite pay period for everyone. Plus the fact that something like 75% of shows get turned in the last two days of the month probably has something to do with it.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Because the insurance deductions are set up to be taken out automatically one time a month, just like other deductions.(like conference club) Some consultants still don't have direct deposit, so they only get paid once a month - they don't have that mid-month payment on the 22nd.

So, in the interest of streamlining (and not having to keep track of who gets it taken out when) it's done on the one definite pay period for everyone. Plus the fact that something like 75% of shows get turned in the last two days of the month probably has something to do with it.:rolleyes:

See I knew there were some good reasons! :chef:

since we're on this topic, I had another charge on my commission check that says...

104385 COMM ADJ FOR OUT OF BALANCE WITHIN LIMIT -6.75
ID0309 XXX INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00

what does this OUT OF BALANCE WITHIN LIMIT mean?

thanks, all!

I have the same thing caraighan. I have no idea!

The out of balance message has to do with an order of some sort that didn't include complete payment.

I am going to call tomorrow. I dont understand and I have NEVER not had a full payment...

I had an adjustment where I ordered from CC (samples) and it didn't recognize my zip code so it didn't charge tax. So HO hand entered an adjustment to my check.

What is the $2 insurance deduction?

The $2 insurance deduction is a fee that is automatically deducted from the paychecks of Pampered Chef consultants every month. This fee goes towards providing insurance coverage for consultants in case of any accidents or injuries that may occur while they are working as a consultant.

Do I have to pay the $2 insurance deduction?

Yes, the $2 insurance deduction is mandatory for all Pampered Chef consultants. It is a requirement for maintaining your status as an active consultant and for being covered by insurance while working for the company.

What does the $2 insurance deduction cover?

The $2 insurance deduction provides coverage for accidents or injuries that may occur while working for Pampered Chef. This includes any accidents that may happen during cooking demonstrations, deliveries, or any other work-related activities as a consultant.

Can I opt-out of the $2 insurance deduction?

No, the $2 insurance deduction is mandatory for all Pampered Chef consultants. It is a requirement for maintaining your status as an active consultant and for being covered by insurance while working for the company.

Is the $2 insurance deduction refundable?

No, the $2 insurance deduction is non-refundable. It is a monthly fee that goes towards providing insurance coverage for consultants and cannot be refunded even if you do not use the insurance during that month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmmorgan20
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Happy Mom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef