• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

10.5 Oz Package of Grands Biscuits - Does It Exist

In summary, there are several recipes that call for a 10.5 oz package of Grands biscuits, but they are difficult to find and often only come in a 16.3 oz size. However, there are also smaller tubes with 5 biscuits available, and the larger tubes can be used as a substitute for the smaller ones. Some recipes may specify a small can of Grands-size biscuits for larger individual biscuits, but the smaller ones work well for cutting up. These small tubes may be sold in the freezer section, but they are not suitable for substitution in recipes that call for "tube" biscuits. It is also possible that the 10 oz size is the new version of the old 10.5 oz size. Overall
avelissar
I have several recipes - such as garlic bites and Italian Pull Apart Bread - that call for 10.5 oz package of grands biscuits. But I can never find them offered in this size. Only 16.3 oz.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or was every recipe I was given have the wrong amount written on them? :confused:

Thanks!

Andrea

It's the tube with only 5 biscuits in it. They do exist. But you can just use 5 or 6 of the biscuits out of the larger tube if you can't find the small one.

Is it the tubes that come wrapped in a package of four cans or something like that? The cans are much skinnier than the Grands cans, and I usually can't find them alone. I usually only see them in a package of 4 or 5. Can't remember exactly.

Those may be 10 ounces, but they're 8 count of smaller biscuits. Some recipes specify a small can of Grands-size, so that the individual biscuits are larger. Of course, if you're cutting them up (like for the garlic bites), the little ones are fine.

Could these possibly sold in the freezer section, instead of with the regular sized biscuits, by the milk and eggs. I have looked multiple times and have never seen them.

I also had a question about coating the biscuits. My senior director does it in the saute pan, while my director says its better in the batter bowl.

What do you think? If I was to do it in the batter bowl, would I microwave the butter first, add garlic and seasoning, and then mix the biscuits in?

Thanks!

Andrea

I've only made these a couple times in the small saute pan. It felt kind of crowded in there while I was trying to flip the biscuits over to coat them, so I could see the idea of mixing it in the batter bowl. You would probably want to microwave the butter so that it's melted and easier to mix around the seasonings. I wonder if you need to increase the cooking time of it in the saute pan in the oven, because the biscuits aren't getting quite the same head start as when it's all done on the stove. If it's possible to do it in the skillet, it's nice because it seems so much easier (less fussing and fewer things to wash). But doing it in the batter bowl does show off another item.

avelissar said:
Could these possibly sold in the freezer section, instead of with the regular sized biscuits, by the milk and eggs. I have looked multiple times and have never seen them.

The biscuits in the freezer section are different. Do not substitute them for "tube" biscuits in a recipe. They're "designed" to be baked from frozen, which won't work in many of our recipes, and they'd be hard to cut up that way, too.

I think that many stores don't carry the small tubes, with the recent increase in new products in that section of the store. There's only so much room in the fridge case, and management wants to fill it with the items that move and are profitable. Use the 8-Grands tube and just have 3 leftover (you do have to bake them soon after opening, though, or the leavening won't work).

Mmmmm, I'm eating a leftover Grands biscuit right now, with Tastefully Simple Strawberry Rhubarb spread!:chef:

Also, many companies are going to packaging that it a little smaller... and charging the same price instead of a price increase. (less product) Could the now 10 oz size be the old 10.5 size???

1. Is the 10.5 oz package of Grands Biscuits a real product from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the 10.5 oz package of Grands Biscuits is a real product from Pampered Chef. It is a convenient and versatile option for making delicious biscuits at home.

2. How many biscuits are included in the 10.5 oz package?

The 10.5 oz package of Grands Biscuits typically contains 5 biscuits. However, this may vary slightly depending on the specific product and packaging.

3. Are the Grands Biscuits pre-made or do I have to make them from scratch?

The Grands Biscuits are pre-made and ready to bake. They come in a convenient package that you can simply pop open and place in the oven for a quick and easy snack or meal.

4. Can I use the Grands Biscuits for other recipes besides just biscuits?

Yes, the Grands Biscuits are versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes. Some popular options include using them as a crust for mini pizzas, making monkey bread, or even using them as a topping for casseroles.

5. Do the Grands Biscuits have any special dietary restrictions?

The Grands Biscuits contain wheat and milk ingredients and may also contain traces of soy, egg, and tree nuts. They are not suitable for those with gluten or dairy allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • adventurechef