• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$1 off for Each Order a Guest Brings

Feriale said she actually had this happen... One guest brought in 17 orders. They totalled $700, she asked the guest if she wanted to use those orders to make her own show and she'd get the host benefits, she said "nope just add them to the show and I'll take my $17 off. She then went on to say that she did ask that guest if she wanted to learn more about the biz:thumbup:So is a $1 off enough incentive for people to get outside orders. I am new to this but I was just curious has it worked really well for others. I understand it has worked for the lady who gave the idea but for everyday consultants has
ChefMary412
I am going to try to attach something... never did it before! I loved the idea from Spring Launch about having guests bring in outside orders and then get $1 off for each one they bring in...
I am going to start using this idea right away!!

Attachments

• $1 off outside orders for mini.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 900
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

I heard this at Hartford yesterday too and plan to start using it immediately!

I don't remember hearing it at ours..but I love that idea..I might have to try it

How do you advertise this? Do you just tell the host or do you put it on the invitations or what?

I heart it at Hartford yesterday also and was planning on incorporating the idea also. Wish us all good luck!

1PamperedMommy said:
How do you advertise this? Do you just tell the host or do you put it on the invitations or what?

I plan on doing both... put it in with the invitations and tell the host about it, so she can promote it too. From what we heard in hartford.. it really helped boost sales for shows. The woman who spoke of it said she has show averages of over $1,000!!!.... Average!!!!

So excited about this! Thank you for sharing!

So....if someone brings in 5 outside orders and it totals over $150 (a show), what do they do? Once that person hears they can get host benefits...that $5 doesn't look that big to me...I'd rather have my benefits. :) Just wondering if they mentioned anything about that? Obviously, it could go in as a booking off the Host at the show they attended, as a booking benefit for HER...so a win-win maybe?Love the idea though!

I'm trying it too! I just got done printing a brunch flyer for February 28, and added that carrot to the flyer.

This is a great tip! I plan to have my host offer this as well with her reminder calls this evening!
Thanks!
Schel

This is from Frarell Y...oh darn I can not spell her name to save my life!!!! Or pronounce it for that matter. I have already started putting that on my invitations. Will let you know if it helps. I am also telling hosts. When I do post calls (or phone vite) I will add that on too!:sing:

esavvymom said:
So....if someone brings in 5 outside orders and it totals over $150 (a show), what do they do? Once that person hears they can get host benefits...that $5 doesn't look that big to me...I'd rather have my benefits. :) Just wondering if they mentioned anything about that? Obviously, it could go in as a booking off the Host at the show they attended, as a booking benefit for HER...so a win-win maybe?

Love the idea though!

Feriale said she actually had this happen... One guest brought in 17 orders. They totalled $700, she asked the guest if she wanted to use those orders to make her own show and she'd get the host benefits, she said "nope just add them to the show and I'll take my $17 off. She then went on to say that she did ask that guest if she wanted to learn more about the biz:thumbup:

So is a $1 off enough incentive for people to get outside orders. I am new to this but I was just curious has it worked really well for others. I understand it has worked for the lady who gave the idea but for everyday consultants has it been succesful

Hmmm, this might be worth a try, just to cut down on some combining of orders. Often, for my shows, an outside "order" will be 3-4 people all ordering together. This is great until someone orders a DCB, and it breaks the first time they use it, but there isn't an order in their name. (yep - been dealing with that this week.:grumpy:) Maybe if the person collecting the orders has an incentive for the # of orders, it will stop some of that!

pamperedchef88 said:
So is a $1 off enough incentive for people to get outside orders. I am new to this but I was just curious has it worked really well for others. I understand it has worked for the lady who gave the idea but for everyday consultants has it been succesful

It works for Feriale and she has a $1000 show Average. Yes, average...

Oooo....I didn't hear this at ours...great idea, Thanks for sharing! :)

Any suggestions how to incorporate this if you don't use the Mini's as invites?

Feriale is awsome always coming up with GREAT ideas she is the #1 seller in the company if you are new 2.6 millon of something like that . I will see her Monday she is my upline , I'm sure she will love the flyer I show her !!!!

Wow, that sounds like a great idea! I'll have to put that in place for my first spring show!

I'm going to have to try this!

cochef said:
Any suggestions how to incorporate this if you don't use the Mini's as invites?

I make a one page invite and send it with a mini catalog in an envelope but if you are using the post card invitations, you could print out stickers the size of the labels HO has for the guest special and put the offer on that too.

Wow, so happy you shared this idea! It's a great incentive, and it'll benefit the host too! Love it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, this might be worth a try, just to cut down on some combining of orders. Often, for my shows, an outside "order" will be 3-4 people all ordering together. This is great until someone orders a DCB, and it breaks the first time they use it, but there isn't an order in their name. (yep - been dealing with that this week.:grumpy:) Maybe if the person collecting the orders has an incentive for the # of orders, it will stop some of that!

Great point Becky! (This is one of my biggest peeves.)

Oh.. I love this idea! THanks so much for sharing!

sounds like a great idea would you be able to share a flyer that you include with the minis???

Thanks!

This is the best idea I have heard in a long time. It was one thing I came away from Spring Launch knowing that I was going to implement it immediately. I made up a little flyer of my own for my Host Packets. Hopefully, it will work for us as well as it has for Feriale!!:)

ChefBeckyD said:

when i have two people combining an order to split shipping, i still add the 2nd person as a customer, it just says $0.00 next to their name. when an adjustment needs to be made they show as a customer on the show. it doesn't show who bought what, just a list of all the items from that show. i've had do do adjustments twice on people who had combined shipping & no problems whatsoever.

kristina16marie said:
when i have two people combining an order to split shipping, i still add the 2nd person as a customer, it just says $0.00 next to their name. when an adjustment needs to be made they show as a customer on the show. it doesn't show who bought what, just a list of all the items from that show. i've had do do adjustments twice on people who had combined shipping & no problems whatsoever.

With outside orders, I rarely have the names of everyone who has combined on an order. I usually know because there are several different pens used, w/ different handwriting...and sometimes initials next to different products.

Oh - and because the same product will be listed more than once - like one order with the mix n chop listed 3 different times. :D

It's different when they are at the show, and you can get their info...but this is for those outside orders coming in.

kristina16marie said:

What I try to do is use the SHOW NOTES section on the Summary screen to make a note of combined orders, such as Susie Q on Mary Smith's order.

I have them write who bought what on an outside order and attach that to my copy of their main order form that was submitted to HO so I always know who bought what.

You all are better than me. I tell them the warranty issues created and that they are responsible to keep track of these things in case of the need for an adjustment. I give all out service to anyone that needs adjustments done including mailing mine in for my preferred customers but I'm not keeping up with combined orders for 3 - 10 people (for example) at an office.

quiverfull7 said:
You all are better than me. I tell them the warranty issues created and that they are responsible to keep track of these things in case of the need for an adjustment. I give all out service to anyone that needs adjustments done including mailing mine in for my preferred customers but I'm not keeping up with combined orders for 3 - 10 people (for example) at an office.

I'm with you on this one, Diane. I tell them that the most responsible person needs to hold onto the receipt -- someone might need it later. That's up to them. I also will not figure "who owes what". No, I'm not as grumpy as I sound :blushing:. . .just don't have the time or desire to deal with this particular issue.

By the way, I did add this idea ($1 off) to the invitations I sent for my show which will be held February 27. If I notice a change, I'll be sure to let you all know.

quiverfull7 said:

chefjeanine said:
I'm with you on this one, Diane. I tell them that the most responsible person needs to hold onto the receipt -- someone might need it later. That's up to them. I also will not figure "who owes what". No, I'm not as grumpy as I sound :blushing:. . .just don't have the time or desire to deal with this particular issue.

By the way, I did add this idea ($1 off) to the invitations I sent for my show which will be held February 27. If I notice a change, I'll be sure to let you all know.

I'm with you guys!

If they are going to combine orders - then it's their responsibility, not mine, to keep track. I make it clear that there may be issues with returns if they combine orders, so if they do - then they are the ones taking the chance with it.

so I just mailed my next show invitations w/these coupons included....can't wait to see what happens!

i loved this idea so much i had vistaprint cards made up so i could just throw one in each invitation. here's the pic of the front & back. i'll let you all know how it works out!

Attachments

• what would u do for a dollar.jpg
    what would u do for a dollar.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 524
I like it!

kristina16marie said:
i loved this idea so much i had vistaprint cards made up so i could just throw one in each invitation. here's the pic of the front & back. i'll let you all know how it works out!

Very creative, Kristina! I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you...I keep thinking about doing this - but haven't taken the plunge yet!

thanks becky! i'm addicted to vistaprint!

kristina16marie said:
thanks becky! i'm addicted to vistaprint!

LOL - me too...and now, I've passed it on to a couple of my team members. :D

Just wondering about all of you that had tried this. Is it working?

Yes...please tell, have you seen success?!? And I LOVE the card...and Vista Printing!!!

I have been using it since Spring Launch as well and added a $1 off your order per guest you bring. I have gotten maybe one or two takers per month on the bring an order thing but I have gotten at least two per show with the $1 off per guest! It is the same thing only they bring the body instead of the order!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
snellskitchen
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies