• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Party with 1 Hour Cooking Show: Tips and Ideas!

In summary, the guest was interested in doing a show, but was having trouble committing to the time it would take. I told her about "Express Shows" where the "meal" is already made, we go through the catalog and visit.
skaugchef
Gold Member
I saw a guest today that I met from a show almost a year ago. I gave her a mini catalog of new products. I said: you were a maybe at Christina's party... She said she brings her 2 girls to shows & she goes to parties her friends have and that's usually about an hour. But, she's having a tough time committing to having a party that would be about 3 hours from time I get there to time last guest/me leaves. I need help with finding a show that would work for her.
I told her about "Express Shows" where the "meal" is already made, we go through the catalog and visit. What else does everyone suggest? Help!

Last edited:
I like Keith's "Tools and Tastings" show for a short show. You can search for it on here.

I had a lady who said that and I was able to convince her to do a catalog show. I gave her a recipe to make for a party her friends were having and she's serving it in my Large Square Bamboo Bowl along with an assortment of fruit and crackers on the bamboo tray. I also loaned her my Cool & Serve Tray to take to work also with a veggie dip and a fruit dip. She got $200 in orders from work (including 3 trays!).

bumping! I need suggestions!

An hour from start to finish, I would probably just do an open house style. Invites the guests to an "Express Show". Come in 5 minutes early, bring a few good products (DCB for bookings, cool n serve tray, tool turn about, etc) and set up. Encourage your host to provide cream cheese and crackers and bring one of the sauces to put on top. When the guests arrive, spend 5 minutes sharing host/guests specials, booking lines, recruiting information. Then sit back and take orders. That is probably about the only way to be in and out in 1 hour.

Thanks wadesgirl So, the only "food" is a sauce on top of cream cheese w/crackers?

skaugchef said:
Thanks wadesgirl So, the only "food" is a sauce on top of cream cheese w/crackers?

I have to tell you, at work, not related to PC at all, at least once a week someone or other brings in a slab of cream cheese and pours sauce over it. Our favorite is sweet and spicy. We gobble it up really fast.

skaugchef said:

If she wants an hour show, then do a quick "recipe".

a quick WOW recipe is a cake in either the deep covered baker or in the fluted stone, you can get it mixed and cooking prior to the show start and then just explain how you made it when the guests are eating it.

DCB cake
1 box cake mix (prepared per directions on box)
1 can frosting
mix cake, blob frosting on top with medium scoop, micro 12 min.

any flavors work, chocolate is delicious

You put the frosting on top the of the uncooked cake...THEN bake it??

blueikaos said:
You put the frosting on top the of the uncooked cake...THEN bake it??

ohhh, yes, it is awesome. Don't spread it, just little blobs, like about a tbs, or the --what? Small scoop?

look in the files for dcb recipes. dcb microwave cakes

there's a peanut butter and chocolate one i made, it's awesome! or the micro cobbler, it's literally 5 mins of prep, you can set up, make it as guests are coming in, put it in the micro, do a catalog walk, then they can eat while you take orders. that shouldnt be more than about an hour, i tend to talk a lot, lol, but it should be about right.

Just remember with the DCB cake to leave the cover off. Cook the cake 12 minutes without the lid. Makes a huge difference. ;-)

You can make a cake in the rice cooker in just 8-10 mins!! I just made the one which is a box of white cake mix and 12oz of DIET orange crush. You mix it right in the rice cooker. put the lid on and bake it. WELL if you are going to pit the cool whip on it would need to cool. :( Maybe the lava cake that you can eat warm and serve it with ice cream :) either one just 10 mins or so.

jla8279 said:
Just remember with the DCB cake to leave the cover off. Cook the cake 12 minutes without the lid. Makes a huge difference. ;-)
Here in New Mexico, I make the cake in the DCB with the lid on. High altitude

1. What is a 1 Hour Cooking Show?

A 1 Hour Cooking Show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where a Pampered Chef consultant will come to your home and show you and your guests how to make delicious recipes using our high-quality kitchen tools and products. It’s a great way to learn new cooking techniques and sample tasty dishes!

2. How long does a 1 Hour Cooking Show last?

A 1 Hour Cooking Show typically lasts around 1 hour, hence the name! However, it may vary depending on the number of guests and the complexity of the recipes being demonstrated.

3. How many guests can I invite to a 1 Hour Cooking Show?

You can invite as many or as few guests as you’d like to a 1 Hour Cooking Show! However, we recommend a minimum of 10 guests for the best experience. The more the merrier!

4. Do I need to provide any ingredients or supplies for the 1 Hour Cooking Show?

No, our consultant will bring all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the recipes being demonstrated. All you need to provide is a space for the demonstration and your appetite!

5. Is there a cost to host a 1 Hour Cooking Show?

No, there is no cost to host a 1 Hour Cooking Show. Our consultants offer their demonstrations for free as a way to share our products and recipes with others. You and your guests will also have the opportunity to purchase any products you are interested in, but there is no obligation to buy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Boomerjojo