• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Surprise Announcement on CC - What Could It Be?

In summary, CC posted a broken link with some interesting information that hinted at an upcoming announcement. I'm betting it will be like Longaberger and Southern Living 10% or more in price increases.
chefann
Gold Member
I think I know what one of the announcements is going to be. :)

I logged on to CC to enter a Jan show in my PWS, and there was a broken link on the front page of CC with some interesting info in the text. I'm not going to say what it was, but hmmmmm..........

That is not fair to tease us like that....you are a mean girl!

ohhh c'mon!!!

I SAW IT TOO!!!!!!Wow!

Oh.... unfair!!!!!! :) Did it indicate WHEN the announcement would be... this is so not fair! :)

log on to CC... it's not hard to figure out

oh i see it!! hmm... does anyone think that this will better?

jenniferknapp said:
oh i see it!! hmm... does anyone think that this will better?
can't be much worse.....

IT WILL DEFINATELY COST OUR CUSTOMERS MORE!!
I'm betting it will be like Longaberger and Southern Living 10% or more
Teresa

Hmmm.... thanks all... it can't be worse can it??? :)

so, I wonder how much shipping will go up... I hate having to tell my customers about an increase in shipping! Although if the service is better and less problems are encountered, maybe it will be worth it!

Teresa Lynn said:
IT WILL DEFINATELY COST OUR CUSTOMERS MORE!!
I'm betting it will be like Longaberger and Southern Living 10% or more
Teresa
Oh man, I hope not! That can get really expensive and possibly hurt our sales!

Except the customers that haven't had any problems...they won't understand the need!

very good point, Jennifer.

I saw it too! Personally, I haven't had many problems with UPS, so maybe I'm just lucky. I can't imagine they'd make a big switch like this if it DRASTICALLY increases shipping. But, most places do the 10% shipping, so maybe they're shifting to that.

i wonder if that link was supposed to be on there!!:confused: They let the cat out of the bag!

I buy LB twice a year have my own "pity party" (call it that 'cuz most of my friends can't afford them so I have to buy it all to qualify as a show) HA!!
it alsways freaks me out when she gives me my total usually $50 in shipping and close to that in tax our rate is 8.25% so I spend nearly $100 in shipping/tax. the one time I did a home show the baskets arrived and guess what NO BAGS!! the orders never came with bags before but they were always MY baskets but when you go to deliver a $100+ basket I feel it should have a bag!
Teresa

pamperedbecky said:
I saw it too! Personally, I haven't had many problems with UPS, so maybe I'm just lucky. I can't imagine they'd make a big switch like this if it DRASTICALLY increases shipping. But, most places do the 10% shipping, so maybe they're shifting to that.

i wonder if that link was supposed to be on there!!:confused: They let the cat out of the bag!

I doubt that it was supposed to be there! I am a FT web coordinator, so I notice these things...they mess up quite a bit actually. They are posting things live before they are corrected, etc. ...like the SA bags showing up under the Outlet...but the first line says "Available to Consultants Only" ...or posting the new Outlet products on the samples for us before updating the price reductions on the crocks, etc... so maybe we need to keep an eye for more of these around this time!!

I had a show delivered Dec. 18, host (single) is a teacher. School was out for the holidays. She only has email at work & a cell phone which she nevers turns on.
she emailed me when she got back to school yesterday to tell me she found her box THIS weekend sitting behind her trash cans. We have had torrential downpours here over the holidays the box was sitting in water and falling apart.
UPS said they left it at her front door, she lives in the country with no other houses near her.
Her customers had called asking and she kept telling them it wasn't delivered yet. She left her host packet and PP receipts at school so had none of my contact info.
PC is sending UPS to retrieve it and reshipped the other box. I was so surprised with how quickly the lady at HO handled it maybe that is why.
she knew they were switching and they are trying to tie up loose ends.
Teresa

I noticed it too. I hope they don't go to a flat shipping. I can see our sales decreasing b/c of that. The $4 shipping is a great incentive to get people to spend more b/c the shipping doesn't increase.

I've always thought they should "build" shipping into the price. Yes, the products would cost more, but they already are more than you would pay at most retail stores. Our customers are willing to pay for quality. And if PC doesn't charge a separate "shipping fee" people will actually think they are getting a better deal. Prices could be adjusted accordingly. Then the people who buy the small items won't feel overwhelmed after we add shipping and tax. Just a thought.......

chefjenibel said:
I've always thought they should "build" shipping into the price. Yes, the products would cost more, but they already are more than you would pay at most retail stores. Our customers are willing to pay for quality. And if PC doesn't charge a separate "shipping fee" people will actually think they are getting a better deal. Prices could be adjusted accordingly. Then the people who buy the small items won't feel overwhelmed after we add shipping and tax. Just a thought.......

I think this would be a good idea. I think Tastefully Simple might do this. I don't remember having a separate charge for shipping. Plus this way if someone plans on spending $10 for example, they could actually get almost $10 of product, instead of a $5 product & the rest in shipping & tax.

Maybe I am an idiot but someone share where it is exactly since I don't see it.

The bottom left corner on CC!

I don't see it either!!! What am I missing?

I am looking right now in another screen and I do not see anything. Is this something directors are seeing and not consultants?

I think they fixed the broken link. It's not there anymore!

I think that they fixed it, but for those of us that logged in when it was up..we have it stored in our cache's ...because now it says leadership summit 2007.

pamperedalf said:
The bottom left corner on CC!

Nice new PICTURE Amanda :D

They must have figured it out an dremoved it ~ there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary on CC now??

Don't you almost feel sorry for the HO -- they can't get anything past us!

Nice new PICTURE Amanda
Thanks Gina, my son looks a little grumpy(well he was because I made him take off his helmet).Sorry that they fixed it!

I wish they would add the shipping into the cost of the products. Home and Garden Party has done that. I order a lot from them and my orders have been cheaper since they started that.

:p Okay I feel completely left out.:eek: I am just now getting the chance to do some work because my 3 kids are ALL sick!:eek: Can someone please PM me or email me with what you found? ;) Oh, please???:D

I'm now going to sit all on pins and needles until I hear!! I know, I'm going to have to wait until my recruiter gets back from Leadership but I told her she BETTER call me while she's there!:D I HATE waiting!:rolleyes:

I'm not super thrilled with this change, either, if it is correct and not some phony story HO put up to throw us off track. :)

chefann said:
I'm not super thrilled with this change, either, if it is correct and not some phony story HO put up to throw us off track. :)

Oooh, a conspiracy! Just another way to keep the consultant down! (I'm KIDDING! Don't everyone start firing PMs to me!!) ;)

Can someone let me in on what you are all talking about. I just went on and saw nothing.:(

here you go.

Attachments

• fedex.jpg
    fedex.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 454
PC and UPS have had a relationship almost since Doris first founded the company. It must have been really bad for them to switch after such a long time.

pamperedlinda said:
PC and UPS have had a relationship almost since Doris first founded the company. It must have been really bad for them to switch after such a long time.

I was thinking that too. I think she even mentions UPS in her newest book, when they used to come to her house for pick ups.

I am so glad there are so many techies here! I tried to view it from CC and it was already down. I had resigned myself to just finding out the info at Leadership. Thanks guys!!

For those of you that think the shipping might be changed to 10%- I just wanted to let you know that Ak/Hi shipping has been 15% for as long as I can remember. To cover shipping the heavy boxes it has to be more than 10% shipping!

pamperedlinda said:

But they have sucked so badly!! They have made horrible mistakes which have cost us customers. It is sad to be ending our relationship with them; however, I think they took our account for granted. Their loss! PC is a large account to lose.

Hopefully FedEx will be better. No more crushed boxes! No more opened boxes! No more stolen boxes! No more wrongly delivered boxes! If they can make this happen I will be a happy camper!

FedEx seems to have a lot of shipping options. I hope it is not too confusing.

It makes sense that FedEx delivers until 8pm, because I get my few & far between FedEx packages at 7pm. I LOVE my UPS man and he always delivers my packages during nap time. I can get the show sorted and ready to go while my kids are napping. He knows to not ring the doorbell!! I am going to miss him....wahhhhhh!!

gilliandanielle said:
For those of you that think the shipping might be changed to 10%- I just wanted to let you know that Ak/Hi shipping has been 15% for as long as I can remember. To cover shipping the heavy boxes it has to be more than 10% shipping!
Yeah, I understand that, but our customers do not live in AK/HI. I know they will not be happy if we have a drastic increase in shipping. I've ony been with PC for 3 selling seasons and we've had price increases 2 of them.

I did a Tupperware party for a friend a few months ago - their shipping is 10%(with a minimum charge of $2.85) and they use FedEx. I have to say that I thought it was kind of high as Tupperware weighs practically nothing. Not only that, but my boxes were in horrible shape when they got here.

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
It makes sense that FedEx delivers until 8pm, because I get my few & far between FedEx packages at 7pm. I LOVE my UPS man and he always delivers my packages during nap time. I can get the show sorted and ready to go while my kids are napping. He knows to not ring the doorbell!! I am going to miss him....wahhhhhh!!

My UPS guy used to always come during nap time--LOVED IT. But the past few months they haven't come before 5. I hear FedEx going through a lot during the day, so hopefully my packages will get here earlier. If they ring them doorbell, I'll just have to try to meet the person at the door & ask them not to if they end up delivering during nap time.

I'm going to be really upset if our shipping changes to a percentage.:mad: I have customers who try to combine orders because of the $4! :rolleyes: I can't imagine if it changes to a %!

I really LOVE my UPS guy as well. He really does a great job! Now I'm feeling guilty that I didn't get him Christmas present!:rolleyes:

Any other Directors just get an email about this? Said not to forward the included info to our downlines yet (info will be sent to consultants later today) ... wonder what that's about.

Yes Laura - I am a Director and just got the email. I puzzled too as to why they didnt just go ahead and send the email to everyone....doesnt make sense!

I just talked w/ my dir. & we think that this wasn't suppose to come out to leadership, but since they goofed they are trying to fix it ASAP. That's just what we thought.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies