• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Help.. Soups & Stews Theme

In summary, Celeste found an old recipe for baked chili in the cookware, Roasting Pan, and Deep Covered Baker. She is going to post it. PC does not have the bowl anymore, but they do have the recipe card.
mrssyvo
My step-daughter (and my new recruit) booked a show today for next month, and the hostess wants a "Soup" Show for Fall. I told her I woudl look here for some ideas and recipes. I did a search, and all that came up was a mention on the Lazy Lasagna Chilli, but no recipe with it. Has anyone done a soup show, and have any good ideas to share?

Do you have the soups and stews recipe cards? I'll see if I can find mine and post some recipes. I would suggest making one in the cookware, one in the stoneware (like baked beans) and one in the microcooker so you can show the range of our products and price range, too.

Kate,
You always have such awesome ideas!
Way to help out!!!
Other than the chili, I couldn't come up with anything.
When PC used to sell the BIG BOWL - stoneware - there was a recipe for a baked chili... I had that once... like SIX years ago... that was good... let me see if I can find that recipe and think what you could make it now, since PC doesn't have the bowl...
I bet you could make it in the new Deep Covered Baker... don't know if you have that yet... (I don't! :()

It was really good... hmmm... I'll check...

Jaye

That recipe for baked chili is the only chili I really like!!!!! It's called Hearty Oven Chili. And last month I doubled the recipe and made it in the Roasting Pan (covered it with foil, since there is no lid for it.... maybe they'll make us a lid!!! lol) I think I have it typed up somewhere if you need it...

Here are a bunch of PC soup/chili recipes http://joycesfinecooking.com/soups_chili.htm

I am not able to find it... it was on the product card, a hundred years ago.

Celeste,
Could you post it?

Thanks!
Jaye

Thank you so much for your help. I forgot about Joyce's web-site. I will check it out.

Congrats on recruiting your DIL by the way!!

Hearty Oven Chili

3 pounds boneless beef chuck pot roast (arm, blade, chuck eye or shoulder) or 2.5 pounds boneless beef stew meat
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 Tbl chili powder
1.5 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney, pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
Toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions and sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*F. Trim excess fat from meat with 8" Chef's Knife. Cut meat inot 1/2-inch cubes. Place in Stoneware Baking Bowl. Press garlic over meat using Garlic Press. Sprinkle with seasonings; stir to coat meat. Chop onions and bell pepper using Food Chopper. Add to Baking Bowl along with tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans. Cover Bowl with Deep Dish Baker. Bake 2.5 hours or until meat is tender. Carefully remove Deep Dish Baker from Baking Bowl, lifting away from you. Serve with desired toppings.

Thanks!! :)

So, since we don't have the Baking Bowl, you think that the Deep Covered Baker would work? I would think so...

Jaye

Let me check the capacity of the bowl... be right back...

These are the list of all the recipes in the Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe card collection so if any of them sound interesting I can d/l the file from WLPCtoo and upload it here.

Baked Pita Chips Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Chicken & Orzo Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Chilled Cucumber Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Chipotle Oven Chili Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Crispy Bread Bowls Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Easy Corn Chowder Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Favorite Meatball Stew Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Garlic Crostini Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Lacy Cheese Crisps Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Lazy Lasagna Chili Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Lime Tortilla Chips Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Mini Corn Muffins Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Moroccan Vegetable Stew Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Mushroom, Beef & Barley Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Quick Black Bean Chili Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Spicy Southern Gumbo Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Spinach Tortellini Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Thai Shrimp Bisque Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Turkey and Wild Rice Soup Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards

I'm going to say.... maybe it will work in the new baker! lol The Baking Bowl fits 16 cups to the top, but I'm thinking the chili wouldn't be that far up, maybe to the 12 cup mark... and the new baker has a 13 cup capacity. (according to the catalog)

Cool Beans! (pun intended - it's late! :))

Thanks for doing the double check!! :)

Have a great night!

Soups and Stew ThemeThis is not a PC recipe it is a recipe a friend gave me.

Friendship Soup

1- pound of hamburger,browned

2-(15- ounce) Cans of Ranch Style beans

2-(15-ounce) cans of Stewed Tomatoes

3-(19-ounce) cans of Progresso Minnestorni Soup

Mix all ingredients and simmer until flavors blend.

I always double this recipe.:)

Thank you guys so much.

Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
(Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Collection)

1 cup grated carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbls butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
2 (14-14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (12 oz) can low-fat evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup diced cooked turkey
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

1. Grate carrots using Ultimate Slice & Grate. Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus. Chop celery and onion using Food Chopper.

2. Melt butter in Professional Medium (3 qt) Saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

3. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until blended using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Bring to a boil. Stir in cooked rice and turkey. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, place almonds in Professional Small (8 inch) Sauté Pan. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until almonds begin to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cool slightly. Stir almonds into soup just before serving.

Makes 6 servings (about 7 1/2 cups)

Cook's Tip: For convenience, this recipe can be made with quick-cooking or frozen cooked wild rice. Prepare rice according to package directions before stirring into soup.

Chicken & Orzo Soup

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 (32 oz) carton chicken broth
1 cup water
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/3 cup uncooked orzo
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup chopped zucchini
1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 Tbls lemon juice
Feta cheese and snipped parsley (optional)

1. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Heat oil in Professional Medium (3 qt) Saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and oregano; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add broth, water and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo; cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until orzo is tender.

2. Meanwhile, dice chicken using Chef's Knife. Chop zucchini and red pepper with Food Chopper. Add chicken, zucchini and red pepper to broth. Return to a boil; cook 1 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons feta cheese and parsley, if desired. Serve with Baked Pita Chips (see "Souper" Sides recipe card), if desired.

Makes 4 servings (6 cups)

Cook's Tip: Orzo is a tiny, rice-shaped pasta, which can be found in the pasta section of most grocery stores.

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of diced red bell pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 cans (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
4 cups cooked chicken
2 tablespoons basil
2 jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1. Chop broccoli, carrots, and onion. Dice bell peppers. Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic pressed in a saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil. Set aside. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Chipotle Oven Chili

2 1/2 lbs boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup masa harina
1 Tbls ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cups coarsely chopped onions
1 cup diced green bell pepper
2 Tbls chopped canned chipotle chiles plus 1 Tbls adobo sauce
3 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 (14-14 1/2 oz) can beef broth
1 Tbls brown sugar
Sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim any visible fat from meat using Chef's Knife; cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes and place in Generation II (6 qt) Dutch Oven. Combine masa harina, cumin and salt; toss with meat.

2. Press garlic over meat using Garlic Press. Coarsely chop onions using Food Chopper. Dice bell pepper and finely chop chipotle chiles using Chef's Knife. Add onions, bell pepper, chiles, adobo sauce, tomatoes, broth and brown sugar to meat mixture; mix well.

3. Cover Dutch Oven with lid. Bake 2 hours to 2 hours and 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove from oven. Stir before serving. Serve with avocado, cheese and sour cream, if desired.

Makes 10 servings (about 11 cups)

Cook's Tips: Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked jalapeno pepper. Canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce can be found in the ethnic section of most grocery stores.

Masa harina is finely ground cornmeal that is used to make tortillas. All-purpose flour can be substituted for the masa harina, if desired.

Favorite Meatball Stew

1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen fully cooked meatballs
1 (12 oz) jar home-style beef gravy
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 (11 oz) pkg refrigerated bread sticks

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coarsely chop carrots and onion using Food Chopper. Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus. Heat oil in Large (10 in) Skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, mushrooms and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 3 minutes.

2. Add meatballs, gravy, tomato sauce, peas and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into Deep Dish Baker.

3. Remove bread stick dough from package; do not separate. Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut dough evenly into 12 slices. Place slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern over meatball mixture, leaving center open. Bake 27-30 minutes or until stew is bubbly and bread sticks are deep golden brown.

Makes 6 servings

Cook's Tips: There is no need to thaw the meatballs before preparing this stew.

Easy Corn Chowder

2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tsp butter or margerine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
1 can (12 oz) fat-free evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) creamed corn
2 tablespoons sliced chives
salt and ground black pepper to taste
cooked crumbled bacon (optional)

1. Cut potatoes and ham into ½-inch cubes using Chef’ Knife; set aside. Dice bell pepper. Coarsely chop celery using Food Chopper. Heat butter in Professional Medium (3qt) saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour; heat until bubbly. Gradually add broth, evaporated milk and corn, whisking with Nylon Spiral Whisk until blended.
2. Add potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham; heat through. Remove from heat; stir chives into soup and season with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls using Nylon Ladle. Top with bacon and serve with Lacy Cheese Crisps.

Yield: 6 servings (6 ½ cups)

Spinach Tortellini Soup
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 cans (14 – 14 ½ oz each) chicken broth
1 package (9 oz) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
1 can (15.5 oz) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
¼ tsp coarse ground black pepper
3 cups fresh baby spinach
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Chop carrots and onion using Food Chopper. Heat oil in Professional (4qt) Casserole over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrots, onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and Italian Seasoning; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini, beans and black pepper. Boil gently 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Cover; let stand 3 minutes. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate Parmesan cheese over each serving, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings (about 9 cups)

Spicy Southern Gumbo

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 (14-14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup water
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp each: dried oregano and thyme
1 bay leaf
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen gumbo vegetable mixture
1 (13 oz) pkg cooked andouille sausage links
1 cup uncooked instant brown or white rice

1. Using Chef's Knife, trim chicken and cut into 1-inch pieces. Heat oil in Generation II (6 qt) Dutch Oven over medium-high heat until hot. Brown chicken in two batches, 2-3 minutes each or until outside surfaces are no longer pink.

2. Return chicken to pan. Add broth, tomatoes, water, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, hot sauce, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Add vegetable mixture; return to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, cut sausage links into 1/2-inch slices; cut slices in half. Add sausage and rice to gumbo. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; remove and discard bay leaf before serving. Serve with Mini Corn Muffins (see "Souper" Sides recipe card), if desired.

Makes 8 servings (12 cups)

Cook's Tips: Frozen gumbo vegetable mixture is a combination of okra and celery slices, chopped onion, red bell pepper and corn.

For a milder version of this spicy stew, substitute smoked sausage for the andouille sausage and reduce the hot sauce to 1/2 teaspoon.

Mushroom, Beef & Barley Soup

1 1/4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steak
2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
2 cups sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup sliced carrots
3 Tbls snipped parsley
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp dried thyme
1 (32 oz) carton beef broth
1 cup water, divided
2 Tbls steak sauce
1/4 tsp each: salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
1 Tbls cornstarch

1. Using Chef's Knife, trim any visible fat from beef; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in Professional (4 qt) Casserole over medium-high heat until hot. Brown beef in two batches, 3-4 minutes each or until outside surfaces are no longer pink. Remove from casserole; set aside.

2. Slice mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Slice carrots with Crinkle Cutter; snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Set carrots and parsley aside.

3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same casserole. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and thyme; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth, 3/4 cup of the water, carrots, steak sauce, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in barley. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup cold water and cornstarch. Return beef and cornstarch mixture to casserole. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir parsley into soup.

Makes 4 servings (about 7 cups)

Make sure you talk about the mugs that hold a nice big serving of soup or hot chocolate for those cold fall and winter days!

Thank you so much. Lots for her to chose from !!!

Soup SuggestionsThe S/S/C RCC has some great tasting recipes! :p I've tried most of them!

I suggest doing the Turkey/Wild Rice in the pan on the stove top, use the Uncle Ben's 90 sec. mic. bag of wild rice!

Heat up water in our new baker, cover and let sit. When soup is ready, drain water and add soup -this will help to keep it hot longer!:)

Also, the Corn Chowder would be a great accompaniment too! Oh, and don't forget the Lacy Cheese Crisps!

You've just shown the cookware and stoneware!:D

Have you all tried the Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Main Dishes cookbook??
Easy and AWESOME!!! I cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker in the Micro - debone it for this chicken. I crunch the Multigrain tostitos and top with a bit of grated cheese. To die for!!

Thanks so much for the Hearty Oven Chili!!

Oooh...I just had an idea... maybe it would work...

Most people make soup on the stove... however, couldn't they use the New Deep Covered Baker like a soup tureen? Present it on the table and have the lid to keep it warm?

What do you think? (just trying to come up for more uses for the baker instead of a chicken cooker. :))
Jaye

This recipe is very yummy. I found this on CC, but I think it is the same one I have made from the Celebrate Cookbook.

Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chilli Recipe (Celebrate Cookbook)

2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
1 jar (16 ounces or 430 mL) thick and chunky mild salsa
1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 11/4 cups/300 mL)
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) black beans
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pinto beans
1 cup (250 mL) whole kernel corn, drained
3 cups (750 mL) shredded cooked chicken
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 1/2 - 2 tbsp (22-30 mL) chili powder
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
Optional toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed corn chips or tortilla chips, sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves

Directions:
1. Combine chicken broth, salsa and tomato sauce in (4-qt.) Casserole. Add zucchini, beans, corn, chicken, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.

2. Ladle chili into soup bowls using Spoon. Top with desired toppings.

Yield: 6 servings (10 cups/2.4 L)

Nutrients per serving: (1 2/3 cups/400 mL): Calories 290, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 1740 mg, Fiber 8 g

could you post the recipe for the Lazy Day Lasagna soup

Could you post the Lacy Cheese crisps? Thanks!

Hi Mrssylvo,
My director is doing a Soup & Slippers show in Jan. All the guest were their cutest slippers and at the end they all vote on the best and that person gets a prize. I suggested the soup recipe cards and she'g going with that idea. You can even give the Bamboo spoon set.

Aside from the recipe you choose to do you may want to present a bread bowl idea. The recipe cards come with the instructions for making Crispy Bread bowls made from refrig pizza crust. I have also heard you can make them using the back of the mini-fluted pan. I've never tried either but I've heard they are great.

jrstephens said:
Could you post the Lacy Cheese crisps? Thanks!

Here it is.

Attachments

• Lacy Cheese Crisps.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 317
Thanks, Tasha!

Well, I know the party was in the fall but here is what I am doing with my January shows....

"Soup & Slippers" shows

Since it's cold outside (or it's suppose to be cold) what better way to warm you up than your fuzzy, comfy slippers and soup delicious soup?! Everyone brings their fuzzy slippers and after the demo, we vote on the funniest & prettiest slippers and those people get a "little" prize like a Quik Cut knife or something. Of course, I'm demoing the cookware (Jan Host special) plus doing something on the stones (Feb Host special).

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo SoupThe Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup found in the Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Set is WONDERFUL!! I like to make it at winter Shows for a Comfort Food Show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
jendill
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies