• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Help???

challenging.You don't actually melt ANY of the caramels. The recipe is worded confusingly. 24 of them get inserted into the brownie, and the other 16 are quartered and sprinkled on top. There are some chocolate chips that get melted for drizzling.You could try chopped up pretzels...some on here have already tried this and liked it very well!Do these have to be served warm?
cookingmommy
Hi Everyone,

I really want to make these but on the island of Guam I cannot find rollos. Does anyone else know a substitute? I bought milk duds and hershey kisses with caramel...the closet thing I could find. Do you think those would work? I think the milk duds more so than the kisses. I have three couple friends coming over on Saturday and I wanted to serve them and try them out on them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i think the hersheys kisses with caramel would be great:)

Either should work fine. The beautiful thing with these brownies is that you can just go crazy with them!

I'd think the kisses more than the milk duds - aren't milk duds the things with the crunchy "malted" center?

Nope, those are whoppers!

Oh whoops. :eek: Shows what I know! :yuck:

I would go with the milk duds if you are planning on serving them warm - the hershey kisses have a very runny caramel.

I like runny caramel with chocolate. Milk duds are too hard. Rolos are probably perfect.

JAE said:
I like runny caramel with chocolate. Milk duds are too hard. Rolos are probably perfect.
That's what I was thinking when I read that! The kisses is what I'd try!
Good luck!

Milk duds are too hard...hence why the recipe calls for rolos. Darn Guam and our limited resources. I don't even know if I would have found the milk duds or special kisses had halloween candy not been out already,lol!!!!Heck, maybe I'll just try both. It's just for friends anyways. Never can have too much candy or chocolate or caramel.Thanks for the help. i'll let everyone know how they came out in case there are others in my situation. Too funny!!!!

You can also use mini reeses peanut butter cups (per the Test Kitchens - took the class at NC). I actually think they would be better:)!

I would use the milk duds. We made these brownies at our Cluster meeting and they are already gooey. They are very sweet, but super with a little vanilla ice cream. I made the Chocolate Raspberry Trifle in the new Seasons Best tonight. Yuck! No one in my family liked it.

Or what about just using caramel squares?

Hummm....I never thought about just using caramel squares. Don't you have to melt some of them ahead of time???

How would Butterfingers work on top of this big pan of brownies? I have a huge bag of Butterfinger "crumbs" in the freezer from a friend's closing restaurant.

I bet the butterfingers would be WONDERFUL. You could even use snicker bars.

so does crumbled up oreos with some melted chocolate on top!

ok, i want some now.:D

minersmix said:
I bet the butterfingers would be WONDERFUL. You could even use snicker bars.

Oooo... use the "bite size" snickers candies... caramel, chocolate, nuts... YUM!

cookingmommy said:
Hummm....I never thought about just using caramel squares. Don't you have to melt some of them ahead of time???

The ones I would use, you should just have to unwrap and maybe cut in half. Then I would push them in just like you do the rolos.

Could you perhaps even order the rolo candies online somewhere? Or have someone mail them to you??

Paula

cookingmommy said:
Someone made these with regular caramels for our meeting on Tuesday. They were still good.

You don't actually melt ANY of the caramels. The recipe is worded confusingly. 24 of them get inserted into the brownie, and the other 16 are quartered and sprinkled on top. There are some chocolate chips that get melted for drizzling.

katie0128 said:
Oooo... use the "bite size" snickers candies... caramel, chocolate, nuts... YUM!

now that sounds heavenly:angel: :angel:
I just made these last night too......that would've been awesome to try. Darn, guess I'll have to make some more soon!

I havent tried these yet but based on what I am hearing here I can't really go wrong. I am debuting this recipe at a fund raiser tomorrow and an opportunity meeting on Tuesday (happy coincidence that I scheduled it then). I think I will try the Peanut Butter Cups idea on Tuesday. I am all set for Rolos tomorrow.

Ok- someone at my show tomorrow is nut allergic. What do I put on top instead- or do I change recipes??

friday said:
Ok- someone at my show tomorrow is nut allergic. What do I put on top instead- or do I change recipes??
Chopped up pretzels...some on here have already tried this and liked it very well!

Do these have to be served warm? I was going to give them a try for a pitch in after church Sunday, but trying to get a place in the oven is unthinkable.

They're still good room temp. Especially with a big cup of coffee.

I made 'em last night and they are sooooooo good!

That's one of the reasons I rarely call them Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. I either drop the "warm" or call them Smack Your Mama Brownies.

It never occured to me that there were different sizes of brownie mix, but I did this recipe today and it was not nearly enough to fill the bar pan. All of the boxes at the grocery were the same size, just different flavours. What did I do wrong? Should I double the brownie mix next time? And my choco chips didnt melt well at all- I couldnt use them. I don't like that I have to go sit in the kitchen and pop open the micro every few seconds- my show today was in a gym, and the kitchen was a little too distant. Even with sitting with it and babysitting it, the choco separated and then went hard and a little crispy and there was no way it was going to drizzle. I might buy some choco ice cream sauce instead? They were enjoyed but these complications came up and I would be interested in if any of you came across these things in your testing of this recipe.

I made a brownie box last night on the bar pan--and it only filled up half the bar pan too! Would love to hear any answers....

It says right in the recipe to use a 18-21 oz package of brownies. The extra volume from the choc chips helps it fill up the pan.

If you're making just regular ole brownies in a bar pan, use one box in the med bar pan and two boxes in the large.

I think the brownie mixes here are too small. I went and looked and I am going to have to get two boxes to get to the 21 oz. I wish I had paid attention to that prior to the show... ah well... doing this recipe again on Tuesday. I will get it right yet!!

friday said:
Even with sitting with it and babysitting it, the choco separated and then went hard and a little crispy and there was no way it was going to drizzle.

I think one of two things happened - your micro-cooker had a little water in it and the chocolate seized, or it was nuked too long w/o stirring. If you don't stir the chocolate every 10 seconds or so after the initial 30 seconds, you can get a "hot spot" and then when you do stir it you have those little gritty pieces.

You could do a smaller box of brownies (usually says 8x8 pan) and do it in the square baker or the medium bar pan. Wouldn't serve as many people but it would work....

:D Resse cups are my favorite! I can tell everyone has a sweet tooth after Halloween

If you are preparing the drizzle chocolate at a show, you may need to melt ahead of time, if you don't have access to a microwave close. I melt some in my little prep bowls and stir every 15 seconds, melts perfect!! And I use one box of brownie mix, and it fills the whole large bar pan. One thing I do, I put the choco chips in the batter whole, I don't chop them up. Yummy!!!! And Michelle, I think I am going to try Reese cups in the brownies next time, YUM!!!!

1. What are the ingredients needed to make Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

The ingredients needed for Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are:

• Brownie mix
  • Rollos (or a substitute, see question 2)
  • Chopped nuts
  • Caramel sauce
  • Butter

2. I cannot find rollos, what can I use as a substitute?

If you cannot find rollos, you can use other candies with caramel filling such as milk duds or hershey kisses with caramel. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different from using rollos.

3. Can I use milk duds or hershey kisses with caramel instead of rollos?

Yes, you can use milk duds or hershey kisses with caramel as a substitute for rollos. However, the taste and texture may vary slightly from the original recipe.

4. I have friends coming over on Saturday, can I make these in advance?

Yes, you can make these brownies in advance. Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. To reheat, warm them in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven at a low temperature until warmed through.

5. Can I use different types of nuts for this recipe?

Yes, you can use different types of nuts for this recipe such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips