• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Friday Night Meal: Smashed Potato Soup & Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

In summary, to make Smashed Potato Soup, you will need 6 medium potatoes, 6 cups chicken broth, 1 cup chopped onions, 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp dried parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. The total cooking time is approximately 40 minutes, but the prep time may vary. You can make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies ahead of time and store them for up to 3 days. You can also use different nuts in the brownies or omit them altogether. To complete the meal, you can serve a side salad or
elizabethfox
Gold Member
i am doing a show on Friday. I am making the smashed potato soup and the warm nutty caramel brownies. The brownies take 20-22 min to cook, and the soup I am doing in the DCB and takes about 20 min. What should I do first?? I don't want them both done at the same time.

Are you wanting to demo both of them or can you do the soup ahead of time so you can demo the brownies while they are eating the soup? If you are demoing both, I'd say to do the soup first and do the brownies while the soup is cooking.

I have done the brownies and another recipe at a show, and I personally preferred getting the brownies in the oven baking first. That way they have time to bake and finish, and also time to cool and set up a bit before you go to cut and serve them. The hotter they are, the messier they are when you cut them. That is just my opinion. Either way...good luck!

Tammy

RaggedyAunt said:
I have done the brownies and another recipe at a show, and I personally preferred getting the brownies in the oven baking first. That way they have time to bake and finish, and also time to cool and set up a bit before you go to cut and serve them. The hotter they are, the messier they are when you cut them. That is just my opinion. Either way...good luck!

Tammy
Good point with the cooling time. I haven't made those ones at a show just at home.:blushing:

Hi there! It sounds like you have a delicious menu planned for your show on Friday. If you don't want the brownies and soup to be done at the same time, I would suggest starting with the smashed potato soup. While it's cooking in the DCB, you can prepare the brownie batter and get it ready to go in the oven. That way, the soup will be ready to serve when the brownies are still baking. Just make sure to keep an eye on the brownies so they don't overcook. Good luck with your show!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Smashed Potato Soup?

To make Smashed Potato Soup, you will need 6 medium potatoes, 6 cups chicken broth, 1 cup chopped onions, 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp dried parsley, salt and pepper to taste.

2. How long does it take to make Smashed Potato Soup?

The total cooking time for Smashed Potato Soup is approximately 40 minutes. However, the prep time may vary depending on your chopping and cooking speed.

3. Can I make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When serving, you can warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds to make them extra gooey and delicious.

4. Can I use different nuts in the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

Absolutely! The recipe calls for chopped pecans, but you can use your preferred nuts such as walnuts, almonds, or even hazelnuts. You can also omit the nuts if you have any allergies or simply prefer them without.

5. What can I serve with the Smashed Potato Soup and Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

For a complete meal, you can serve a side salad or some crusty bread with the Smashed Potato Soup. As for the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, they go well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SillyChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva