• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Add Meat to Smashed Potato Soup?

In summary, Ann plans to add a sauteed chicken breast to her 30 minute smashed potato soup this Saturday, and she is also taking beer bread already baked to serve with the soup. She is also considering garlic pull aparts in the 10" skillet to show off cookware.
chefann
Gold Member
I know that we've discussed the smashed potato soup nearly to death this month. But has anyone ever added a sauteed chicken breast to it? I'm planning on making it for my shows this Saturday (yes, that's not a typo- I have 2 shows scheduled on Saturday), and I was planning to make it in the DCB, following Becky's plan. I'm also taking beer bread already baked to serve with the soup. But I'd like to show some cookware, too, to get bookings for February.

I was thinking of sauteeing a chicken breast in the 8" saute pan (or maybe even the grill pan), then chopping it up and adding it to the soup. Has anyone done this? Was it successful? Could you even taste the chicken or was it a waste of time? If it was good, did you season the chicken with anything fancier than salt and pepper? (I was thinking of the rosemary seasoning.)

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

That sounds very yummy! Would love to know how it turns out. Ham might also be good in the recipe.

Ooh- ham would be good, but I really just want to add something to show the cookware and it wouldn't be needed to add ham. I know that I could sauté the veggies in the pan and add them to the soup, but I also wanted to show that cookware isn't required for this recipe. (I'm not asking a lot, right?)I'm making the soup tonight for dinner, so I guess I'll try it and post back.

I made this soup on Sunday and I convinced my husband to try making bacon on the bar pan to crumble in it. I had heard that you could do bacon on the bar pan but never tried it. Well, it was amazing! My husband said that's the only way he wants to cook bacon from now on!

Oh and to address the original question: I think chicken would be great in the soup! Everyone loves chicken, and at worst it just won't add much to the soup, it's definately not going to make it taste bad...and extra bonus if it makes it taste better!

All of February I'm making the 30 minute chicken and smashed potato soup. The chicken can go in or on or beside the soup depending on what the guest wants. They also have to slice off their own chicken, so that shows off the carving set and the boning knife.

Ann, instead of doing the Beer Bread why not do the garlic pull aparts in your 10" skillet? That is what I've been doing at my shows. I do the Smashed Potatoe soup in the DCB in the microwave and the pull aparts in the 10" skillet in the oven. The guests' minds get blown by the juxtaposition of the products! I found the recipe to be a bit too bland so I've added about 1/2 cup of grated (on the Ultimate Mandolin, of course) onion. YUMMO! We sprinkle some bacon and cheese over the top....Deliciouso!

I was thinking of that, too - I do like being able to sell Beer Bread mixes, though. I'll figure something out after dinner tonight. DH is stopping and picking up the BIG tub of potatoes for me at Gordon Food Service - it's around 5 pounds. And since I'm making 5 batches (1 tonight and 2 doubled on Saturday), I'll need them all.

I cannot believe how inexpensive the mashed potatoes are at GFS! DH got a 6-pound tub for $2!Anyhoo... I followed Becky's microwave directions, and will be cooking the veggies a little more next time. They were a little crunchy for me. And I'll also be adding a dash of salt because the soup was a little bland. I didn't add chicken, because DH didn't get my note asking him to take one out of the freezer. So I think I'll make garlic pull aparts in the 10" skillet to show off cookware. I really like the idea of making soup in a stone and bread in cookware, as Sandra posted above.

Be sure and let us know how your shows go Ann!

1. How much meat should I add to the Smashed Potato Soup?

The amount of meat you add to the Smashed Potato Soup will depend on personal preference. We recommend adding 1-2 cups of diced cooked meat, such as chicken or ham, for a hearty meal.

2. Can I use any type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked meat for this recipe. Some popular options include chicken, ham, bacon, or ground beef. You can also use a combination of different meats for added flavor.

3. Do I need to cook the meat before adding it to the soup?

Yes, the meat should be fully cooked before adding it to the Smashed Potato Soup. This ensures that the meat is tender and adds flavor to the soup. If you are using leftover cooked meat, simply heat it up in a pan before adding it to the soup.

4. Can I substitute the meat with a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can omit the meat or substitute it with a vegetarian option, such as diced tofu or cooked beans. This will still add protein and texture to the soup. You can also add additional vegetables, like diced carrots or celery, for a heartier vegetarian version.

5. How long should I cook the soup with the added meat?

Once the meat has been added to the Smashed Potato Soup, let it simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent the soup from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You can also adjust the cooking time based on your preferred level of tenderness for the meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • magentablue