• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Add Frozen Broccoli to Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB?

In summary, the ingredients for Smashed Potato Soup are potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and toppings of your choice. You can use any type of potato, but Russet potatoes are recommended for a creamier texture. The prep time is 10 minutes and cook time is 30 minutes, making it a total of 40 minutes to make. You can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and make it in advance and reheat it later. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave when ready to eat.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a bag of frozen broccoli that I would like to add to the smashed potato soup. Anyone know how I should add it to the recipe. I wanted to make it in the DCB. Should I defrost it first? Or do I just add it to the carrots, onion, and celery as is?

definitely defrost it

So if I defrost it, then at what point in the recipe should I throw it in?

I'd add it with the carrots - give the broccoli a chance to cook a little.

okay, thanks guys. :)My dinner routine just wouldn't be the same without coming on her and consulting with all of you! ;)

1. What are the ingredients for Smashed Potato Soup?

The ingredients for Smashed Potato Soup are potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and toppings of your choice such as shredded cheese, bacon bits, or green onions.

2. Can I use a different type of potato for this soup?

Yes, you can use any type of potato for this soup. However, Russet potatoes are recommended for their starchy content which helps create a creamier texture when smashed.

3. How long does it take to make Smashed Potato Soup?

The prep time for Smashed Potato Soup is about 10 minutes, and the cook time is approximately 30 minutes. So, in total, it takes around 40 minutes to make this delicious soup.

4. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?

Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian version of this soup. Just make sure to use a good quality vegetable broth for the best flavor.

5. Can I make this soup in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make Smashed Potato Soup in advance and reheat it later. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to reheat, simply heat it on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies