• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smashed Potato Soup Recipe: Help Needed!

In summary, the recipe for Smashed Potato Soup is a simple and delicious one that can be found in the It's Good For You cookbook. It involves boiling cubed potatoes, cooking chopped onion and garlic, adding in chicken or vegetable broth and milk, and topping it off with shredded cheese and optional toppings like bacon bits and green onions. It can also be made in the microwave using a Deep Covered Baker. Enjoy!
chefannie
I know that I must have missed the thread that had the recipe, but can someone either point me to the right thread or give the recipe for Smashed Potato Soup?:) Thanks.

It's in the It's Good For You cookbook. I'd type it up for you but my kit is packed for a bridal shower tomorrow. 26 confirmed guests...woo hoo!!

Very good and VERY simple!

I just made this at 2 shows yesterday, but I did it in the DCB in the microwave. Here's what I did.Peel 1 med. carrot and slice using crinkle blade of UM. Place in DCB.
Thinly slice 1 stalk of celery and place in DCB.
Chop 1/2 med. onion with Food Chopper and add to other veggies.
Cover and Microwave on high 4 minutes.
Add 1 tub (20 oz.) prepared mashed potatoes, 1 can chicken broth and 1 cup skim milk (measured with Easy Read cup). Press in 1 clove garlic. Add some salt and pepper. Whisk everything together with Stainless Silicone whisk.
Cover and microwave 5 minutes. Stir. Cook another 4 minutes.
Measure 1/2 cup low fat sour cream with MAC. Add to soup. Cook 2 minutes.
Snip some parsley in cup of Herb Keeper with Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle into soup and serve. Serve with grated cheddar cheese (DCG) and sliced green onions on the side. (I was going to have bacon, too, but my oven was out yesterday morning and I couldn't cook it.) I served the soup with garlic bites.

Hi there! I'm happy to help with the recipe for Smashed Potato Soup. Here's what you'll need:- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: bacon bits, green onions, sour cream1. In a large pot, boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and garlic and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the flour until fully combined with the butter and vegetables.
4. Slowly pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
5. Add in the cooked potatoes and bring the soup to a simmer. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Using a potato masher, gently mash some of the potatoes in the soup to thicken it.
7. Stir in the milk and shredded cheese until fully melted and incorporated.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve hot and top with your desired toppings.
Enjoy your Smashed Potato Soup! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Smashed Potato Soup?

To make Smashed Potato Soup, you will need potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.

2. Can I use a different type of broth for this recipe?

Yes, you can use vegetable broth or beef broth instead of chicken broth for a different flavor profile.

3. How do I make this soup vegetarian?

To make this soup vegetarian, you can use vegetable broth and omit the bacon garnish. You can also add in some diced vegetables like carrots, celery, and corn for added texture and flavor.

4. Can I make this soup ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time and reheat it. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When reheating, add a splash of milk or broth to thin out the soup if it has thickened.

5. Can I freeze this soup?

Yes, you can freeze this soup. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then heat it on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies