• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute Ideas for Nuts in Warm & Nutty Caramel Brownies

In summary, there are various options for substituting nuts in warm and nutty caramel brownies, such as dried fruits, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or seeds. You can also omit nuts altogether or use alternative options like sunflower seed butter or soy nut butter for those with allergies. Different types of nuts can also be used for added flavor and texture. When adding the substitute ingredients, simply mix them into the batter or sprinkle them on top and press them in before baking.
Leslie0831
I am making the Warm and Nutty Caramel Brownies on Sunday. The hostess called and asked if I could eliminate the nuts because of an allergy. Does anyone have any suggestions of something I can add to the recipe instead to dress it up a little?

Try chopped pretzels.

That is a great idea! Thanks.

That was The Furry Guy's suggestion. I think he's a genius. :)

I make them without the nuts but sprinkle the new Caramel Sprinkles on top.

stacywhitlow said:
I make them without the nuts but sprinkle the new Caramel Sprinkles on top.

Just FYI, the Caramel Sprinkles have almonds in them!

I think I am going to do the pretzels. Who does not love a chocolate covered pretzel!

You could also do white chocolate, crushed sandwich cookies, corasely chopped graham crackers, coarsley chopped whoppers, use your imagination!

I think the point of the recipe is the sweet vs. salty thing ... so I think pretzels would be worth a try!

I was considering the recipe for my sister's show ... but thought better of it because her son has a life-threatening allergy to peanuts and tree nuts. I might try it between now and then but I don't know ... I have a lot to bake in the days ahead!

Be sure to check ALL labels for your ingredients!!! Some of the fine print will say "processed in same factory as nuts" and that is a NO-NO for people with a nut allergy.

1. What can I substitute for nuts in warm & nutty caramel brownies?

You can substitute nuts with various ingredients such as dried fruits, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or seeds like pumpkin or sunflower seeds. These ingredients will add a similar texture and flavor to your brownies.

2. Can I omit nuts altogether in the Warm & Nutty Caramel Brownies recipe?

Yes, you can omit nuts altogether in the recipe. The brownies will still be delicious, rich, and gooey without the added crunch of nuts. You can also add extra chocolate chips or dried fruits to make up for the missing nuts.

3. Are there any nut-free options for those with allergies?

Yes, you can use sunflower seed butter or soy nut butter as a substitute for nuts in the recipe. These options will provide a similar nutty flavor without the risk of allergies. You can also use crushed pretzels or graham crackers for a salty and crunchy alternative.

4. Can I use a different type of nut in the Warm & Nutty Caramel Brownies recipe?

Absolutely! You can use any type of nut you prefer, such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts. You can also mix different types of nuts for added flavor and texture.

5. How should I add the substitute ingredient to the brownie batter?

If you are using chocolate chips or dried fruits, you can simply mix them into the batter before pouring it into the pan. For larger ingredients like coconut flakes or seeds, you can sprinkle them on top of the batter before baking. Make sure to press them into the batter slightly to ensure they stick and don't fall off after baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SillyChef