• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #2,201
Well, my brother, The Rocket Scientist is, well, he's, um,Oh hell, he's my brother. How boring is that?

• #2,202
I have a twin sister. DH dated her in high school.

• #2,203
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, my brother, The Rocket Scientist is, well, he's, um,

Oh hell, he's my brother.

How boring is that?

About as boring as a rocket scientist can be...

• #2,204
And that makes you the Twisted Sister?

• #2,205
janetupnorth said:
About as boring as a rocket scientist can be...
Just a couple of notches up from engineers and insurance actuaries.

• #2,206
Oh, thank goodness Ann doesn't look like them!!!!!!!!

• #2,207
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just a couple of notches up from engineers and insurance actuaries.

Hey! I, um, uh, resemble that comment...luckily I have interests that keep me from being boring! Or so I want to think...:rolleyes:

• #2,208
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And that makes you the Twisted Sister?
Probably. She was the good one. So I guess that makes me the evil twin.

• #2,209
Better than being the two sisty uglers.

• #2,210
She's the one doing the Ironman Triathlon in Madison this September. :eek:

• #2,211
Oh, you mean, she's the crazy one.

• #2,212
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, my brother, The Rocket Scientist is, well, he's, um,

Oh hell, he's my brother.

How boring is that?

At least he IS a Rocket Scientist, which could come in handy if ever there is something that it does take one to figure it out.

• #2,213
chefann said:
I have a twin sister. DH dated her in high school.

How does he know he isn't married to her?

• #2,214
Thanks guys for the laughs it's been awhile since i've been on this thread. I don't think I have any tears left.

• #2,215
MomToEli said:
We're not identical.

They were SOOOOOOO not meant for eachother.

Her family has a very unique form of transportation: www.quintbike.com

• #2,216
MomToEli said:
At least he IS a Rocket Scientist, which could come in handy if ever there is something that it does take one to figure it out.
Don't ever ask him why the sky is blue.

You don't have time to hear the answer, that is, if you want to go to your kids' college graduation.

• #2,217
MomToEli said:
Hey, this is the guy who's hood is missing.

• #2,218
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't ever ask him why the sky is blue.

You don't have time to hear the answer, that is, if you want to go to your kids' college graduation.

Transmitted light (from the sun, light bulbs, fire, etc) is made up of a spectrum of colors. The longest wavelengths of light are on the red end of the spectrum and the shortest wavelengths are on the blue/violet end of the spectrum.

When transmitted light such as sunlight enters our atmosphere it collides with the oxygen and nitrogen atoms. The color with the shorter wavelength is scattered more by this collision. Because violet and blue are the shortest wavelengths the sky appears to be violet / blue. But because our eyes are more sensitive to blue light than they are violet light, we perceive the sky as blue.

Our eyes contain thousand of rods and cones, which are the receptors for light. Whenever one of the 3 Stooges pokes you in the eye you see a giant blue spot. This is because the blue receptors have been activated. Blue is one of the primary colors and thus more easily activated and seen by our eyes.

Blue is also how I feel when my baby leaves and my hound dog dies. Also, how I feel when the cops pull me over and I see their blue lights flashing in my rear view mirror. Then, again, blue is the color of the K-mart special, so this color isn't all bad.

Why is the sky blue: Summary
So, why is the sky blue? It is because blue light from the sun strikes the air molecules and scatters and our eyes perceive it as blue.

Why is the sky blue: Short Summary
Why is the sky blue, you ask? Blue in sunlight collides with air molecules and our eyes see it as blue.

Why is the sky blue: Condensed
Sunlight collides with air, scatters blue wavelengths.

Why is the sky blue: Ultra-Condensed.
You are seeing things. Stop asking.

• #2,219
janetupnorth said:
Transmitted light (from the sun, light bulbs, fire, etc) is made up of a spectrum of colors. The longest wavelengths of light are on the red end of the spectrum and the shortest wavelengths are on the blue/violet end of the spectrum.

When transmitted light such as sunlight enters our atmosphere it collides with the oxygen and nitrogen atoms. The color with the shorter wavelength is scattered more by this collision. Because violet and blue are the shortest wavelengths the sky appears to be violet / blue. But because our eyes are more sensitive to blue light than they are violet light, we perceive the sky as blue.

Our eyes contain thousand of rods and cones, which are the receptors for light. Whenever one of the 3 Stooges pokes you in the eye you see a giant blue spot. This is because the blue receptors have been activated. Blue is one of the primary colors and thus more easily activated and seen by our eyes.

Blue is also how I feel when my baby leaves and my hound dog dies. Also, how I feel when the cops pull me over and I see their blue lights flashing in my rear view mirror. Then, again, blue is the color of the K-mart special, so this color isn't all bad.

Why is the sky blue: Summary
So, why is the sky blue? It is because blue light from the sun strikes the air molecules and scatters and our eyes perceive it as blue.

Why is the sky blue: Short Summary
Why is the sky blue, you ask? Blue in sunlight collides with air molecules and our eyes see it as blue.

Why is the sky blue: Condensed
Sunlight collides with air, scatters blue wavelengths.

Why is the sky blue: Ultra-Condensed.
You are seeing things. Stop asking.

Your sky is blue? Mine is gray... oh wait... that might be a cloud covering the little piece of sky I can see from my basement office location...

• #2,220
katie0128 said:
Your sky is blue? Mine is gray... oh wait... that might be a cloud covering the little piece of sky I can see from my basement office location...

Hence why the last statement would apply to you... ;) :p

• #2,222

• #2,223
The Furry Guy's older brother is an aeronautical/astronautical engineer. I never realized anyone could be weird and boring at the same time until I met him.

• #2,225
You must not know any insurance actuaries.That convention must really rival the Shriners when it comes to wild parties. Why, I bet they stay up as late a 8 or 8:30. If they really get wild at a convention, they'll add Qwik to their warm milk at bed time.

• #2,226
My brother, the engineer, has one joke.....which he tells me that other engineers find hysterically funny......."How do you tell an extroverted engineer from an introverted engineer?........."An Extroverted engineer will look at your shoes when talking to you, an Introverted looks at his own.I know - GROAN! But, hey, he's an engineer.

• #2,227
I've been sitting in my recliner since about 3 this morning, and it doesn't look like there's much going on at the moment. I'm going to go take a shower because even the dog won't sit on my lap.Watch the store for me for awhile.

• #2,228
The pessimist sees the glass half empty.The optimist sees the glass half full.The engineer sees a vessel that is twice the size it needs to be.

• #2,229
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The pessimist sees the glass half empty.

The optimist sees the glass half full.

The engineer sees a vessel that is twice the size it needs to be.

He-he - that would be the IE...:D

• #2,230
Why You Should Marry an Engineer
When Choosing A Mate, Compare These Other Professionals To Engineers.
DOCTORS
Supposedly, all women are after a Doctor, so don't expect your relationship to last more than 5 years. Eventually, he'll run off with some nurse from his office, or one of his young women patients that is pretending to be sick. He'll wait until you are stuck with a few kids to do this.
This is not a problem with your Engineer husband. He had a hard enough time meeting you. It is unlikely he'll ever meet another woman in his profession.

LAWYER
Do you seriously expect an honest, trusting relationship with someone who gets paid for lying? Once again, this is not a problem with your Engineer spouse. He doesn't have enough social skills to lie convincingly. An additional drawback to marrying a lawyer is when the divorce happens you will get nothing.

SALESMAN
See honesty segment under Lawyer. Plus, he will be traveling to trade shows, etc. where he will be in the company of other equally trustworthy individuals. Don't be surprised when you get the invitation to show up on the Ricki Lake show. The company that your Engineer husband works at will keep him in a cage, often called a cubicle, until he is ready to go home to you.

HAZARDOUS PROFESSIONS, I.E. POLICE OFFICER, FIREFIGHTER, CONSTRUCTION WORKER, ETC.
Your husband, if he is not dead by some accident, will likely be crippled with a back injury, etc. just about the time you are at your sexual peak. The only hazards that your Engineer husband will face is losing his eyesight by staring at the terminal for too long. This hazard actually has some benefits. For one, he will not notice that you are getting older, since you will be a blur. He will remember you as when he first met you, because the memory will still be sharp, and you ask "Honey, were you looking at her?", he'll honestly be able to say that he didn't even see her.

TEACHER
The only reason he entered this profession is so that he could be surrounded by newly post-pubescent girls who idolize him. He'll be in jail soon, and then you'll have to look for another man.

• #2,231
Here's a fantastic http://www.elks590.org/main/cooltest.htm to see if you're as cool and popular now as you were in High School.

• #2,232
I passed!!!

• #2,233
Are you all clean and fresh now, KG?

• #2,234
janetupnorth said:
Why You Should Marry an Engineer
When Choosing A Mate, Compare These Other Professionals To Engineers.
DOCTORS
Supposedly, all women are after a Doctor, so don't expect your relationship to last more than 5 years. Eventually, he'll run off with some nurse from his office, or one of his young women patients that is pretending to be sick. He'll wait until you are stuck with a few kids to do this.
This is not a problem with your Engineer husband. He had a hard enough time meeting you. It is unlikely he'll ever meet another woman in his profession.

LAWYER
Do you seriously expect an honest, trusting relationship with someone who gets paid for lying? Once again, this is not a problem with your Engineer spouse. He doesn't have enough social skills to lie convincingly. An additional drawback to marrying a lawyer is when the divorce happens you will get nothing.

SALESMAN
See honesty segment under Lawyer. Plus, he will be traveling to trade shows, etc. where he will be in the company of other equally trustworthy individuals. Don't be surprised when you get the invitation to show up on the Ricki Lake show. The company that your Engineer husband works at will keep him in a cage, often called a cubicle, until he is ready to go home to you.

HAZARDOUS PROFESSIONS, I.E. POLICE OFFICER, FIREFIGHTER, CONSTRUCTION WORKER, ETC.
Your husband, if he is not dead by some accident, will likely be crippled with a back injury, etc. just about the time you are at your sexual peak. The only hazards that your Engineer husband will face is losing his eyesight by staring at the terminal for too long. This hazard actually has some benefits. For one, he will not notice that you are getting older, since you will be a blur. He will remember you as when he first met you, because the memory will still be sharp, and you ask "Honey, were you looking at her?", he'll honestly be able to say that he didn't even see her.

TEACHER
The only reason he entered this profession is so that he could be surrounded by newly post-pubescent girls who idolize him. He'll be in jail soon, and then you'll have to look for another man.

That is so funny! My husband is in Construction so I know about the injuries! I laughed so hard at that! (He is only 28!)

• #2,235
chefann said:
Are you all clean and fresh now, KG?
Yes, I'm clean.

But I'm always fresh. ;)

• #2,236
so, I have a question...
was this thread made just to get your post counts up?
Just being curious...

• #2,237
Loved the reference to the engineer
DH is an electrical engineer......
We have cell phones with a chip he designed, the danged HUGE TV with all those stupid initials DLP HD whatever who cares it's to stinkin big the neighbors laugh when our blinds are open. they tell me its like being at the drive in HA HA very funny :) (I tell them I don't want to walk past the window and see them making out)
Loved it I'll share it with my other 2 neighbors one is an IE (my husband teases him about being an imaginary engineer the other is mechanical)

• #2,238
Hey Melissa-- what part of So. Cal are you from? I have lots of family there. I'm on the central coast in Santa Maria.

• #2,239
Hey Melissa-- what part of So. Cal are you from? I have lots of family there. I'm on the central coast in Santa Maria.
I am near Palm Springs, in a little town called Beaumont.
Who is your upline?

• #2,240
I don't even know! My director is Cathy Solkshinitz, her director is Wendy Lewis and her director is Jill (don't even remember her last name!).

• #2,241
NOPE, nobody I know.
My hosp director has director's up north and wondered, but then I saw you are going to conf #1, which is where I am supposed to be going, and thought again, but we're not connected.

• #2,242
chefann said:
We're not identical.

Oh, wow! It's kinda cool once you take it all in ... in a sporty kinda way.

• #2,243
chefann said:
Here's a fantastic http://www.elks590.org/main/cooltest.htm to see if you're as cool and popular now as you were in High School.

No change for me!

• #2,244
Teresa Lynn said:
We have cell phones with a chip he designed, the danged HUGE TV with all those stupid initials DLP HD whatever who cares it's to stinkin big the neighbors laugh when our blinds are open. they tell me its like being at the drive in HA HA very funny :) (I tell them I don't want to walk past the window and see them making out)
Loved it I'll share it with my other 2 neighbors one is an IE (my husband teases him about being an imaginary engineer the other is mechanical)
You can't spell "GEEK" without an "EE!"

• #2,245
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You can't spell "GEEK" without an "EE!"
That sounds familiar. I wonder where you heard that?

:D

• #2,246
chefann said:
We're not identical.

Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer, do.
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for five.

It don't rhyme so good.

• #2,247
chefann said:
That sounds familiar. I wonder where you heard that?

:D
Some gEEk somewhere. ;)

• #2,248
Teresa Lynn said:

IE - yeah used to get the joke in college...we'd just retort that we were the INTELLIGENT engineers

• #2,249
Chozengirl said:
so, I have a question...
was this thread made just to get your post counts up?
Just being curious...
No, it really was created for people to vent about their threads being hijacked. There was a lot of that going on when this thread started...of course, it was mostly started as a joke.

No one ever thought it would take on a life of it's own and end up being a location for catch-all discussion.

And it's been a lot of fun!

• #2,250
Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer, while I jive.
I'm half crazy
All for the love of a beehive!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for five.

It don't rhyme so good.

Neither does this one...

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor