• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Chocolate Cake: Recipe for a Micro Cooker

In summary, the recipe for the cake can be found under "files" in the bar at the top of the page. The recipe calls for hazelnuts to be toasted and a chocolate hazelnut spread to be used. The cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and vanilla are then mixed together before being poured into the rice cooker. The finished cake can then be decorated with hazelnut spread and chopped hazelnuts.
cohensmom
I just got a micro cooker and was wondering if someone could give me the recipe for the cake? I need it to give me a basis. I want to try to make a molten chocolate cake. I think it would be fantastic.

Here is the micro cake recipe that is found in Fall 06 Season's Best....

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe

1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted, divided
1 container (13 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
11/3 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix with pudding in the mix
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
Vanilla ice cream and fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and red grapes (optional)

Place hazelnuts in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely. Rub hazelnuts between damp paper towels to remove any loosened skins; discard skins.

Lightly brush bottom and sides of Rice Cooker Plus with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Coarsely grate 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts into rice cooker using Deluxe Cheese Grater, turning rice cooker to coat completely. Allow excess grated nuts to evenly coat bottom; set aside.

Place 3/4 cup of the hazelnut spread in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until slightly melted. Gradually add water, whisking using Stainless Whisk. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix and coarsely grated chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth.

Pour batter into prepared rice cooker. Do not cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH 9-11 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake may appear slightly wet on top). Remove cake from microwave; let stand 5 minutes. Invert cake onto Simple Additions® Medium Square. Place remaining hazelnut spread in Prep Bowl and microwave on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until melted; drizzle over cake. Coarsely chop remaining hazelnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over cake. Serve immediately with ice cream and fruit, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: This cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built-in turntable.

For low wattage microwaves (less than 800 watts), do not check cake for doneness before 10 minutes. The wattage information should be printed on the inside of the microwave door.

This cake can also be microwaved in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

My husband and I just whip up a Betty Crocker cake mix, put it in the micro cooker, cook for 9 minutes, and bam we have a cake!!!

Hope this helps!! We have never tried a molten chocolate cake!

cohensmom said:
I just got a micro cooker and was wondering if someone could give me the recipe for the cake? I need it to give me a basis. I want to try to make a molten chocolate cake. I think it would be fantastic.
Go under "files" in the bar at the top of the page and search under "microwave". A ton of recipes will be there!

I just made a spice cake and decorated it to look like a pumpkin - too cute. I took about 1/2 cup of batter and put it in a prep bowl - 45 sec to 1 minute in microwave. It became the stem for the pumpkin with a little trimming.

Just use regular cake directions from the box and microwave for 12 mnutes or use 2 cups sour cream and 3 eggs with the dry mix or check out the other variations you'll find under files.

Last edited:
OOPS!! I was thinking Stoneware Fluted pan when I saw microwave cake. Sorry.

Go under files and seach for "rice cooker".

I put a couple scoops of prepared frosting in the bottom. Mix a cake according to the box. I put the lid on (some don't) and micro for 9 minutes.

The chocolate lava is if you use chocolate mix and chocolate frosting..

I tried the Rice Cooker cake with the chocolate cake / chocolate frosting. The first time I did 9 minutes and when I plopped it out on the SA plate the mix wasn't done all the way and I had a mess. Tried it with 13 minutes and it is perfect. Now I want to try a Spice Cake with extra Pumpkin Pie Spice (maybe 1-2 t.) and use a can of cream cheese frosting for Fall.

It depends on your microwave. Mine takes 11 mins. You need to stick a toothpick in it to see if it comes out clean just like in the oven.

I did mine for 11 mins and checked it with a knife. I dumped it out to find that it wasn't CLOSE to being done!! Red velvet too- what a mess!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I did mine for 11 mins and checked it with a knife. I dumped it out to find that it wasn't CLOSE to being done!! Red velvet too- what a mess!!!

I bet that would make an AWESOME Halloween decoration, though. Blood cake! LOL :D

Thanx so much guys... I have a show tonight and Im doing the cake as a suprise recipe at the end! And then I am going to offer a free sm micro-cooker to anyone that books a show. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck Cohensmom!! Let us know how it turns out!!

gilliandanielle said:

Bummer, that is what I did, red velvet, and it was great! Definitely do the toothpick thing before popping it out of the cooker.

I love the "blood cake" comment...maybe if my hosts daughter in law can't find the witch body for a doll cake I can do this for the Friday the 13th party...

I stuck the knife in, and it came out clean, but for some reason the whole top middle was still VERY runny! It ended up looking repulsive!!

Do they taste the same?? I just think how sometimes micowaved things are a little different, even if they still are good. I'm guessing this would be a great product for a college student!
Thanks!

My cake always looks bad when I make it in the microwave. Its done, its just always misshaped. Taste good but looks bad. Does anyones ever come out perfect? I am interested to know if they do. I also had one explode at show the other day, the cake was intact but for some reason the frosting exploded out in the microwave.

How did your frosting explode? I frost mine AFTER it cooks...and cools.

lisacb77 said:
How did your frosting explode? I frost mine AFTER it cooks...and cools.
Most of us put a couple scoops of frosting in the rice cooker before cooking - either first or after the batter. Works either way.

Mine is never runny when I take it out (oh... except once in a small old microwave - she told me after that it doesn't work right for anything -lol. It did taste great though! I always put the frosting in first, then the cake mix, close the lid and check it after 9 minutes by sight - sides of the cake have pulled away from the pan and cake is not runny looking in center. Tastes great.

Lately though I have gone back to doing the microcake with the Stoneware Fluted Pan. It cross sells other stones because until they SEE it they don't HEAR that they are microwave safe.

Last edited:
Interesting. I've always just mixed up my cakes and then frosted them!

lisacb77 said:
Interesting. I've always just mixed up my cakes and then frosted them!
You can do it which ever way you want - I'm thinking that maybe it's some particulat brands of frosting that make this happen (the exploding).

If you want the same effect of the frosting flowing down the cake but don't want to put it in with the cake at the start, you could just microwave it in the small microcooker for about 15 seconds and then drizzle it over the hot cake.

Related to Molten Chocolate Cake: Recipe for a Micro Cooker

1. How do I adjust the recipe for a larger or smaller Micro Cooker?

To adjust the recipe for a larger Micro Cooker, simply multiply all ingredients by the desired number of servings. For a smaller Micro Cooker, use a smaller sized ramekin and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the molten chocolate cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate. Just make sure to chop the chocolate into small pieces to ensure it melts evenly.

3. Can I make this recipe in the oven instead of a Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can bake the molten chocolate cake in the oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the size of your ramekin and the oven.

4. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free option?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend in place of all-purpose flour in this recipe. Just make sure to check the specific conversion measurements for the brand of flour you are using.

5. Can I make the batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge?

No, it is not recommended to make the batter ahead of time as it may affect the texture and rise of the cake. It is best to make and cook the batter immediately for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129