• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Gluten-Free Molten Lava Cake in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, a question was raised about making a Molten Lava Cake in a rice cooker using gluten-free cake mix. While there may be some challenges, it is possible with some adjustments. It is recommended to use a gluten-free cake mix designed for baking in the oven and to adjust the liquid and cooking time accordingly. It may take some experimentation, but the end result is worth it.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
One of my guests asked if you could make the Molten Lava Cake in the rice cooker using gluten free cake mix. I didn't know if the consistency would be different, so I didn't want to chance making it at the party she was at. I told her I would toss the question out here on this forum, and see if anybody has any answers. TIA.

I made one- it did kinda work-
the texture of GF is different
When the cake was done in the micro cooker- lots of icing was floating on the sides, ( only used 5 scoops)
I let it sit a bit- the icing seemed to soak in.
I flipped it- the cake fell apart, did not hold shape at all.
It looked dry too-
so what I did was melted the remaining icing and poured it over top. Everyone understood since it was GF- and they liked it

While I cannot speak from personal experience, I have done some research and it seems that making a Molten Lava Cake in a rice cooker with gluten-free cake mix is possible, but it may require some adjustments.First, make sure you are using a gluten-free cake mix that is specifically designed for baking in the oven. Some gluten-free cake mixes may not have the right texture or consistency for a Molten Lava Cake.Next, when making the batter, you may need to add a little more liquid (such as milk or water) to the mix to achieve the desired consistency. Gluten-free flours can sometimes absorb more liquid than regular flour, so adjusting the liquid amount may be necessary.You may also need to adjust the cooking time for the cake in the rice cooker. It is recommended to start with a shorter cooking time and check the cake periodically until it is cooked through. It may also help to use the "cake" setting on the rice cooker, if available.Overall, it may take some trial and error to get the perfect Molten Lava Cake using gluten-free cake mix in a rice cooker, but it is definitely worth a try. I hope this helps and good luck with your baking!

What is the recipe for gluten free molten lava cake?

The recipe for gluten free molten lava cake includes gluten free flour, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. You can find the full recipe on our website or in our gluten free recipe booklet.

Can I use regular flour instead of gluten free flour?

No, regular flour contains gluten which is not suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies. It is important to use gluten free flour in this recipe to ensure it is safe for those with dietary restrictions.

Do I need any special equipment to make gluten free molten lava cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, using a silicone mold or ramekin will make it easier to remove the cake from the pan without it breaking apart.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the batter come to room temperature before baking.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

You can substitute the regular butter for vegan butter and the eggs for flax eggs to make this recipe vegan. You can also use a sugar substitute for a lower sugar option. However, keep in mind that any substitutions may alter the texture and taste of the final product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lisa717
  • Ann F
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies