• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Cake in a Rice Cooker - Ideas & Recipes!

In summary, the conversation discusses different options for making a cake in a rice cooker, including using a plain cake mix with frosting in the microwave, a Weight Watchers recipe, and a molten chocolate lava cake. The speakers also mention using different soda options for the cake mix and adding fresh fruit or ice cream for variation. One person shares a recipe for a trifle using the Weight Watchers cake, while another suggests using Rolo candies for a warm nutty caramel brownie.
Deannasbiz
I have a host that is requesting a cake that is cooked in the Rice Cooker. The only one I can think of is just a plain cake mix with frosting and cooked in the Micro. Is there any others out there? Have any of you tried this. It sounds very very easy. Please give me your ideas on what to do. She is pregnant and wants LOTS of chocolate at her party.

Thank you in advance for all you ideas. :chef:

Heehee (laughing about being pregnant and wanting chocolate!) ;)

My ED shared her Rice Cooker cake with us about a year ago when she came to visit our cluster. Here it is:

Attachments

• Rice_Cooker_Plus_Recipes[1].doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 418
I do a mean Weight watcher cake in the micro.
so simple and my teenagers thought it was good.

you can't frost the cake but it is great to use with trifle recipe.

Box duncan hines or betty crocker (your choice)
diet drink

now if you want chocolate cake mix dt. coke or dt dr. pepper

white add sprite

yellow dt mt. dew.

fat free sugar free pudding

fat free sugar free cool whip

fresh fruit (optional)

make in layers

your fans will love you and it is only like 4 points per serving.
very doable.

Wow that does sound good. What do you cook it in? I don't have the fluted pan, and it sounds like I need to invest in one.

I used the micro cooker or rice cooker and cooked in the micro. 10 min- 12 min
have to let sit for a few.

my son ask me this week when I was going to do another ww show. since the recipe ws so good last time he was ready for another trifle. he calls it the layer cake. he's 17 but is very picky I didn't tell them when I brought the left overs home just said there was some cake if they wanted it. The bowl was half full when I got home came back from changing and the thing was gone. Made one with pistachio ( I know it is misspelled) ice cream strawberry cake and cool whipp. They love the color variation

Pam,
I'm a little confused about the layer process. If you're pouring the ingredients in layers--then you've mixed the cake mix in a bowl and not the rice cooker itself, correct? I'm a visual person and am not seeing the steps in your recipe. Would love to get it right the first time I test it! Many thanks!

I make rice cooker "molten chocolate lava" cakes all the time:

Mix cake mix according to directions in Rice Cooker.

Scoop 6-7 small scoops of frosting on top.

Put on lid. Micro for 8 - 10 min.

Flip onto large dinner plate

Thanks almondfarm I think that is the one she was talking about. She said that when you cut into it gooey comes out. I will let you know how it works!

ChocolateIf you truly want chocolate try the warm nutty carmel brownies. 5 packages Rolo can't be bad:love: I have made this before and it was a show stopper.

Related to Cooking a Cake in a Rice Cooker - Ideas & Recipes!

1. Can I use my rice cooker to bake a cake?

Yes, you can use your rice cooker to bake a cake. In fact, many people have successfully used their rice cookers as a convenient and versatile alternative to traditional ovens.

2. What kind of cake can I make in a rice cooker?

You can make a variety of cakes in a rice cooker, including sponge cakes, pound cakes, and even cheesecakes. The key is to make sure the batter is not too thick and that you use the appropriate cooking setting on your rice cooker.

3. What are some tips for baking a cake in a rice cooker?

Some tips for baking a cake in a rice cooker include using a non-stick rice cooker bowl or lining the bowl with parchment paper, greasing the bowl with cooking spray or butter, and checking the cake for doneness with a toothpick before removing it from the rice cooker.

4. Can I use a cake mix in my rice cooker?

Yes, you can use a cake mix in your rice cooker. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box and adjust the cooking time and temperature according to your rice cooker's settings. You may also need to add a little bit of extra liquid to the batter to compensate for the lack of traditional oven heat.

5. Are there any specific recipes for cooking a cake in a rice cooker?

Yes, there are many recipes available for cooking a cake in a rice cooker. Some popular recipes include chocolate lava cake, apple cinnamon cake, and lemon blueberry cake. These recipes can easily be found online or in cookbooks specifically dedicated to rice cooker recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue