• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Molten Lava Cakes: My Search for the Perfect Recipe

In summary, the key ingredients for creating molten lava cakes are chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and flour, with the option to add in flavorings like vanilla extract or espresso powder. To achieve a gooey center, the cakes should not be overbaked and should be taken out of the oven when the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly. Different types of chocolate can be used, but the amount of sugar in the recipe should be adjusted accordingly. The batter can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator before baking. To make the cakes more presentable, dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and top with whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate sauce.
babywings76
Gold Member
I originally thought a "Molten Lava cake" was where there is a pocket of gooey melted chocolate on the inside, but after making the RCP and the Fluted Stone microwave cakes, I'm wondering if I was mistaken? Does anyone know how to make those small cakes with the melted chocolate pocket? Thanks!

The lava cakes I've made were in the rice cooker with a box of cake made inside the cooker, then add 1/2 can of frosting (or more) directly into the batter. Cook for 8-10 min. in the microwave, invert onto a plate with sides and the lava comes out.

The molten cakes were a PC recipe in the Fall 2007 Season's best which is available behind CC.

1. What are the key ingredients needed for creating molten lava cakes?

The key ingredients for creating molten lava cakes are chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and flour. You can also add in additional flavorings like vanilla extract or espresso powder.

2. How do I ensure that the molten lava cakes have a gooey center?

The key to achieving a gooey center in molten lava cakes is to not overbake them. The cakes should be taken out of the oven when the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly. This will create the perfect molten chocolate lava when the cakes are cut into.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the molten lava cakes?

Yes, you can use different types of chocolate for the molten lava cakes. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or a combination of both can be used. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe if using sweeter or less sweet chocolate.

4. Can I make the batter ahead of time and bake the molten lava cakes later?

Yes, you can make the batter for the molten lava cakes ahead of time and bake them later. Just make sure to cover the batter tightly and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. The cakes may need a couple of extra minutes in the oven if the batter is chilled.

5. How can I make my molten lava cakes look more presentable?

You can make your molten lava cakes look more presentable by dusting them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder before serving. You can also top them with whipped cream, fresh berries, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a more elegant presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• genburk
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • chefkacey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cohensmom