• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Power Cooking: Tips and Advice for a Successful Show

In summary, the conversation is about a Power Cooking show and how to properly do it. The host serves Taco Soup and other items while the consultant demonstrates five power tools and assembles three recipes for the host's freezer. The demo should last around 45 minutes and a packet with all the recipes is given to the guests. A link to a thread with more information on Power Cooking is also provided.
Cookingwithmichelle
Silver Member
Good Morning Everyone,
I know there has been a thead about Power Cooking and I have read the handouts, but I'm still a bit confused. I booked a Power Cooking show and it is coming up this Tuesday. How do you do the show? Do you just package the items? I'm a bit worried about this show. Please give me some advice if you have done this type of thing before.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Smile,

It is completely typed out on here somewhere. Your host serves Taco Soup as the guests arrive, then you assemble 5 dinners that go in the host's freezer. I try to weave introductions into the middle, as you are pressing a ton of garlic, so I do the intros in the slow parts of the show. You end up doing the demo in about 45 minutes, even with all your spiel about all the products/bookings, etc. They can't believe you can assemble so many meals so quickly.

Just did one Friday night.

You arrive early and make Taco Soup, garlic Pull Aparts, and a pan of brownies.

For your demo, you talk about 5 power tools--Food Chopper, Ultimate Mandoline, Cookware, Stoneware, and Cutlery. You assemble three recipes for your host to put in your freezer that allow you to show these 5 biggies and other gadgets. I sold lots of Batter Bowls. :)

I found it hard to keep the demo under 45 mins cuz I like to talk, but I think everyone enjoyed themselves and appreciated the info. I gave them a packet with all the recipes.

I'm looking for that Power Cooking thread, can't find it. I would love to see the information on this, it might be the right thing for me!Anyone out there got a link to it?Many thanks!Ann

1. What is power cooking?

Power cooking is a quick and efficient cooking method that utilizes high heat and pressure to cook food in a fraction of the time it would normally take.

2. What are the benefits of power cooking?

The main benefit of power cooking is the time saved. It can cut cooking time by up to 70%, making it perfect for busy weeknights. It also helps retain nutrients in food and produces tender, flavorful results.

3. What equipment do I need for power cooking?

To power cook, you will need a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot. You may also need a few essential kitchen tools, such as a cutting board, knife, and measuring cups.

4. Can I power cook any type of food?

Yes, you can power cook a variety of foods, including meats, grains, vegetables, and even desserts. However, some foods may require slight modifications to cooking times and methods.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when power cooking?

Yes, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Always release pressure carefully and avoid overfilling the pot. It is also recommended to use oven mitts or tongs when handling hot dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • ChefSheryl
  • Pampered Chef Shows