• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Find the Perfect Hair-Do: Tips and Tools for a New Look

In summary, Jennifer is considering changing her hair color back to blonde, but is undecided about what she wants to do. She is also considering getting highlights done and is unsure if she wants to hear bad experiences about the process.
jrstephens
I have been a highlighted blonde since my Junior year in High School - 13 years ago.

Is there a website that I can go to and scan my picture in and try new hair-dos? Are is there a computer program I can buy to put on my computer?

I am thinking about going back to my natural color and doing a reverse highlight. I am naturally dark brown. But I am afraid I will not like that.

I cannot decide what I want to do. I like it long, so, I know I do not want to go short or loose much length, if any.

I am so undecided but I know I want a change. I am tired of having go gets highlights every 3 or 4 months. And I do not want me hair to one day get that over treated look that seems to never go away.

We are having church directory pics done on June 2nd, so, I know I will wait until AFTER that b/c I do not want to have a nightmare pic in there for years before we do another one. Our last one was 6 years ago!

I would love to hear some of your experiences! I am not sure I want to hear bad ones though, HAHA!!!:eek:

try hairstyle.com I can;t remember if there is a fee or not.

I totally sympathize with you -- I just had my first NEW haircut since 1999 today and I feel like a new person. Of course I scheduled a refresher the week before conference so I can show it off! ( I guess I need to change my photo on the left there)

Jennifer,

I had been highlighting my hair as well for about 10 years. I went back to my natural hair color which is a very dark brown and Oh my goodness! I am so glad I did!!!! I got so sick of having to keep up with my stupid roots! The only bad thing about it is I'm 32 years old and beginning to find little strands of grey which are much easier to see with dark hair! :eek: :eek: I could definitely live without those! But I do love not having to touch up highlights every 3 months. Of course, when those greys start to multiply, it's back to the highlights! ;)

www.clairol.com --- there you can even upload your own picture and try on different do's ! its really cool.
it's free too

That's funny. One of my friends just talked me into trying highlights. Geez. Maybe I should skip it! I haven't ever done it before and I'm scared it's going to cost me a fortune, PLUS it's going to cost me a fortune to keep up. My biggest concern is the upkeep. It's so awful to admit, but I only get my hair cut like twice a year! Last time I got it cut was right before conference! I'm SO SO due!!

Be sure to talk to your hairdresser. He or she will probably have some suggestions for what will work with your skin tone, face shape, hair texture, and styling abilities. These are important things to consider, and we generally aren't the best ones to figure some of them out.

You'll also want to talk to him/her about your lifestyle. Do you need a wash & go style? Are you fine with needing to use certain blowdrying techniques? Do you prefer a professional style or something more casual?

I just got a new do. I updated my avatar. Sometimes I do the bangs and sometimes I part it slightly left. I had been getting it permed since high school and let it grow out, with the help pf my stylist. I admit--I go every 6-8 weeks for a cut. I like to keep up with it. Plus, when I was young my hair was FRIED and we had to go from waist-lenght hair to shoulder length. Ever since then, I guess I became a little phanatical over that never happening again, keeping it healthy.

I wish you lived near me! My stylist is the best... she would give you a great, updated look that's easy to maintain and will boost your selfesteem!

I trust her completely and I pretty much let her do whatever she wants. Plus, I'm a little afraid of her. (JK)LOL

I go to church with my hairdresser. She looked me over last night. I think we have decided to reverse highlight - put my natural color back in but leave some blonde, so, I am not totally shocked with the change! She said depending on how well it takes to my hair we may only have to do this a few times to get the color back in and it stay in without highlighting. And that we would not highlight the roots we would match the color, so, that we are not treeating my natural roots. She does not want me to have this huge shock of a completely different color than the blonde I have been for the last 13 years!

Sounds like she's really thinking about what is best for you.

She's a keeper!

speedychef said:
That's funny. One of my friends just talked me into trying highlights. Geez. Maybe I should skip it! I haven't ever done it before and I'm scared it's going to cost me a fortune, PLUS it's going to cost me a fortune to keep up. My biggest concern is the upkeep. It's so awful to admit, but I only get my hair cut like twice a year! Last time I got it cut was right before conference! I'm SO SO due!!

I LOVE highlighting and you probaly will too. I have just had this for 13 years and am tired of it. I normally only do mine about every 4 months or longer. I have gone longer depending on how quick my hair grows at the time. And I have really dark roots so mine are more noticable than someone else's may be, so, depending on your color you may con go a long time without touchup.Like you are watching a change with highlights, I am wanting one without them.

Don't let this scare you off!:D

I am quite bold, I just tell the stylist "do what you want" and it comes out great each time. Although it pays to have a relationship with your stylist this way he or she knows just what you like. Good Luck

Not to hijack your thread...but I went to clairol and did a custom hair style...and I think I am getting my hair cut this weekend!!! Thanks so much for another great thread once again :p

jenniferknapp said:
Not to hijack your thread...but I went to clairol and did a custom hair style...and I think I am getting my hair cut this weekend!!! Thanks so much for another great thread once again :p

Well, I am glad one of us made a decision!!! Did it costs at clairol to upload your pic? One I went to was $14.95.

What kind are u getting?

Nope, it was free!!Well, I have about 5 pics that I saved of me...so I am going to go there with the most conservative one...the long bangs sweeped to one side, which is huge, I had bangs my whole life and hated them, and finally grew them out a few years ago. And then some layers going down, which I already have....but depending on how it looks with the bangs, and how confident I am in the person (I still don't have a "personal stylist") ....I might go like up to chin length!! We'll see :)I am pretty sure I will go on Saturday, because I have a dinner/date at 6 and this way my hair will be all done by the stylist! hehe...

I will go there and upload mine then. I did not want to have to pay.

Hope all goes great with the haircute and date!! Post a pic when you can!

Fun! I'm getting my hair done Saturday. Touching up highlights and trimming this mane (and getting my brows waxed, too).

I hate to get in to highlights..those are a last resort for when I am desperately in need of a change and a cut isn't an option! (too much maintainence....when it grows out a few inches I feel like Ineed to get it done again!)PS: I will post a pic!

Hey Jennifer, what about a reverse weave?
I see your a blonde, if you do a reverse then she will be adding brown or your natural color in.

I go dramatic everytime I go in. It's my sis in law too, so I kinda have an advantage.

She is going to be adding brown to match the brown roots of my natural hair color.

Instead of completely hijacking Gillian's no baby thread... here is a quick photo of my new haircut. Everything is flipped under today, but I normally flip it out...I'll have to take another pic of that tomorrow! :p

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 378
Wow-you cut a lot off! I love it!! I am a licensed cosmetologist and I love when people go from long to short. It is so much fun!!

You look fabulous!! You really went way shorter - good for you for being so brave! I have thought about doing that often but am too much of a chicken to go for it!

Cute! Do you feel like a stranger's looking out at you from the mirror?

Thanks everyone! I really love it....she did a great job! I can let it air dry or blow dry it and it looks good....or I can flip it out if I am feeling motivated! It was sooo weird because of the length when I first got it done, but its been about a week now. My bangs are annoying, but I like how they look....so I keep reminding myself that! Of course I started playing on a softball team the day after I got it cut, that wasn't too smart...haha. But a visor works well to keep it off my neck!Carolyn: DO IT! It is so exciting and refreshing! And it is the beginning of the summer...perfect time to be bold! I have a new hair cut and hot pink finger and toe nails! (I know that you are in FL...so the whole "it's finally summer after a long winter" probably doesn't effect you much!)

:D I can bring my scissors for anyone that wants a cut at Wave 2!!! :D

Your cut is really cute! I may have to go and see what I would look like with shorter hair. I keep thinking I want short hair, then I remember, the only times I've had short hair I haven't been happy with it. My hair is naturally curly, ringlets; it's great in the rain.

I love new hair cuts! Yours looks great Jennifer!

I think a good haircut is worth whatever you have to pay for it - and thankfully, my DH agrees with me! My hairstyle (and sometimes color) changes about 4 times a year......I feel like my hair is the one thing I can always change - and if I don't like it, I can just change it again! I finally found a hairstylist who understands me.....and she loves that I come in and say "Let's try something new today!"

Just got my hair cut and colored yesterday - Jennifer - I TOTALLY get the whole "Winter is over" deal! I said that exact thing to Mandy (hairstylist) yesterday! Time for a fun new 'do!:D

oh, I LOVE your new cut Jennifer! Too cute!
I just recently added bangs to my all one-length hairdo. ALOT of bangs. My hair is heavily highlighted and cut in a the bob style that is shorter in the back and swings longer in the front (that's kinda new for me too). I LOVE it. It feels fresh and funky just in time for summer. I've always loved to do drastic things to my hair. Once I went in as a blonde and came out a flaming red head with the white chunky stripes. I thought my husband was going to have a coronary, but it was fun!

I love it Jennifer! I can't want to get mine colored on June 29th. I am thinking about getting a few inches cut off (shhhh, don't tell me DH he will freak - he loves my hair long!). I may just do an inch since he is painting for me right now!

Jennifer - how did you post that pic on here? Just like a regular attachment or what?

Thanks, you should do more than a few inches!! It'll grow back ;) I am thinking of doing the same style but maybe even a little shorter next time! :eek:I did add the photo as an attachment!

jenniferknapp said:
Thanks, you should do more than a few inches!! It'll grow back ;) I am thinking of doing the same style but maybe even a little shorter next time! :eek:

I did add the photo as an attachment!

Shoulder length is the shortest I would be willing to go for now. I did have mine baove my ears years ago but I like to be able to put it in a ponytail or clip. I am considering shoulder length b.c I have a layer that is about that length and that would make it all the same.

I dreamed the other night I went in for the color and when I looked in the mirrow she had cut it above my ears!!!!

jrstephens said:
Shoulder length is the shortest I would be willing to go for now. I did have mine baove my ears years ago but I like to be able to put it in a ponytail or clip. I am considering shoulder length b.c I have a layer that is about that length and that would make it all the same.

I dreamed the other night I went in for the color and when I looked in the mirrow she had cut it above my ears!!!!

Okay, so don't cut it any shorter than shoulder length!! Maybe just some face framing? The highlights will def make a difference though, so that can be your "crazy!"

Here is today's pic of my haircut...flipped out :)

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 334
I like it flipped!

Is there a website that I can go to and scan my picture in and try new hair-dos? Are is there a computer program I can buy to put on my computer?

Yes, there are several websites and computer programs available that allow you to upload a picture of yourself and try out different hair styles. Some popular options include Virtual Hairstyler, Taaz, and InStyle Virtual Hair Try-On. These tools can be a great way to get an idea of how a new hair-do might look on you before making any drastic changes.

I am thinking about going back to my natural color and doing a reverse highlight. I am naturally dark brown. But I am afraid I will not like that.

Changing your hair color can be a big decision, so it's important to do some research and consider your options before making the change. You could try consulting with a professional stylist to get their opinion on whether a reverse highlight would work for you and to discuss any concerns you may have. Additionally, you can search for pictures of others who have gone from blonde to brunette to get an idea of how the color may look on you.

I cannot decide what I want to do. I like it long, so, I know I do not want to go short or loose much length, if any.

If you're unsure about what type of hair-do you want, it can be helpful to gather some inspiration from magazines, Pinterest, or even celebrity looks. You could also try talking to friends or family members who have recently changed their hair and see if they have any recommendations. And remember, you don't have to make a drastic change - even small tweaks to your current style can make a big difference.

I am so undecided but I know I want a change. I am tired of having go gets highlights every 3 or 4 months. And I do not want me hair to one day get that over treated look that seems to never go away.

If you're tired of constantly getting highlights, you may want to consider a low-maintenance hair color option such as balayage or ombre. These techniques involve blending the color into your natural hair, so the grow-out process is less noticeable and you won't have to touch up as frequently. It's also important to use products specifically designed for color-treated hair to keep it looking healthy and prevent that over-treated look.

We are having church directory pics done on June 2nd, so, I know I will wait until AFTER that b/c I do not want to have a nightmare pic in there for years before we do another one. Our last one was 6 years ago!

It's always a good idea to plan a hair change around important events or photos, so it's great that you're thinking ahead. If you're unsure about the timing, you could always consult with a stylist and see if they have any recommendations based on your hair type and desired look. And remember, it's always better to err on the side of caution if you're unsure about making a change before an important event.

I would love to hear some of your experiences! I am not sure I want to hear bad ones though, HAHA!!!:eek:

Every person's hair journey is unique, so it's always a good idea to consult with a professional stylist before making any major changes. They can give you advice based on your hair type and desired look, and can also help you avoid any potential "nightmare" hair situations. It's also important to keep in mind that hair is a great way to express yourself and have fun, so don't be afraid to try new things and embrace any changes that come your way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefjwr
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth