• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Go Blonde? Expert Opinions & Tips for Indecisive Hair Color Choices

the time. I was a crazy blonde. I always thought I would change my mind and go back to brunette, but I haven't...yet.LOL!!! NO JOKE: I worked with a guy (about 12 years ago) spray painted hair!!!! It was TERRIBLE!!!Mine was only $20 for the 7-pack of foils - could have never justified $150!I'll have to find someone sometime who can do it - I'm too chicken to do that myself!

Dye my hair blonde??

• yes! go for it!

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • no way....too risky!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
SusanBP0129
Hello!
I am extremely indecisive!
So....that's where you all come in!
My hair is lightbrown/ dark blonde with some red highlights.
Today, at CVS, I bought Clairol Born Blonde but am not sure if I should do it or not....
My hair has been blonde before....naturally as a kid and not so naturally thru the use of "Sun-In"etc, in college......
Thoughts?
Opinions?

I love to play with color in my hair. I just haven't for awhile. Hmmm.. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might do that tonight after the kids go nightynight. Good luck.
My thought is it's just hair, right?

sillylittlechef said:
I love to play with color in my hair. I just haven't for awhile. Hmmm.. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might do that tonight after the kids go nightynight. Good luck.
My thought is it's just hair, right?

My hair is always changing! I always say it's the one thing I can change about myself, and if I don't like it, it won't last long!
So, I say - GO FOR IT!:D

Thanks Becky & Dusty! That's the little "push" I needed!!
:D

I got my hair hilighted - well just a pack of foils for the first time in March...I can't even imagine dying my own hair...

I hope it looks great Sue!

janetupnorth said:
I got my hair hilighted - well just a pack of foils for the first time in March...I can't even imagine dying my own hair...

I hope it looks great Sue!

Thanks Janet! I had my hair highlighted professionally and LOVED it, but I just don't have an extra $150 right now....so Clairol, here I come! :eek: :D

I saw go for it! I jsut dyed mine brown from blonde highlights last week. And I love the change.

As my hair dresser told me, you can always dye it back!!!!:D

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks Janet! I had my hair highlighted professionally and LOVED it, but I just don't have an extra $150 right now....so Clairol, here I come! :eek: :D

Mine was only $20 for the 7-pack of foils - could have never justified $150! :eek:

I'll have to find someone sometime who can do it - I'm too chicken to do that myself!

jrstephens said:
I saw go for it! I jsut dyed mine brown from blonde highlights last week. And I love the change.

As my hair dresser told me, you can always dye it back!!!!:D

Thanks Jennifer!! Will let you guys know how it turns out....

janetupnorth said:
Mine was only $20 for the 7-pack of foils - could have never justified $150! :eek:

I'll have to find someone sometime who can do it - I'm too chicken to do that myself!

Wow!! $20 ?!?! That's awesome!!

janetupnorth said:

Ooh Ooh!! Me! Me! I'll do it! I'm not afraid of no hair!:D :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ooh Ooh!! Me! Me! I'll do it! I'm not afraid of no hair!:D :eek:

Unfortunately my gas to MI would cost about $250!

Maybe you and DH and son should just come visit Family Camp up here... :rolleyes:

I wish I had enough hair to color.Maybe I can just spray paint my head?

Personally, I love being a blonde, and ever since my naturally blonde hair started turning dishwater-blonde/light brown (when I was 18), I started highlighting my hair and haven't looked back since!

I used the Clairol Hairpainting when I was a poor college student, but when I got my first "real" job, I went to the salon and had it professionally done. I definitely recommend the salon job if you can afford it - I cut my DH's hair and both of my boys' hair so that I can justify getting my hair highlighted every 3 months!! DH moans and groans every time he sees the bill, but like my mom says, your hair is your "crowning glory" and you should make sure it looks great so you feel great - especially in our business where we are in front of people all the time. If you feel like you look good, you exude confidence in everything you do.

So, I say, GO FOR IT! :) Good luck and post pictures if you can!

I agree if you don't like it you can change it back. I have very dark hair, so going blonde would not be an easy task. Not to mention I don't think I would look good as a blonde.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wish I had enough hair to color.

Maybe I can just spray paint my head?

LOL!!! NO JOKE: I worked with a guy (about 12 years ago) spray painted hair!!!! It was TERRIBLE!!!

I used to dye my hair all the time. My husband would even do it for me! But, lately, I've found that my natural coloring looks better on me than the box-mixtures. Of course, my husband thinks I ought to go red again! Go for it, if you want it!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wish I had enough hair to color.

Maybe I can just spray paint my head?

I believe there is a "spray on hair" product out there!:D

I say go for it! My hair is dark blonde, so now what I have been doing is putting blonde highlights in myself. I just use the kit that has the paint brush in it (looks like a large mascara wand) and paint them in- more around my face, but into the back as well- like the sun would do! This way, I don't get really bad looking roots when it is growing out. Then, I just highlight again in a few months!

janetupnorth said:

Maybe you and DH and son should just come visit Family Camp up here... :rolleyes:

That would be so much fun! CAMP!

My hair is dark brown but I just got warm (lighter brown/reddish) highlights two days ago. I say go for it!!! Especially if your hair is almost there anyway. I tried blonde one time and it turned orange!!! :0)

Heck yeah! I tried to darken mine to it's original color. I felt like I was wallpaper! I now have blonde locks with Honey blonde lowlights... so it isn't too white/blonde.

janetupnorth said:

That would be so much fun! CAMP!

Go ahead...I've been coloring my hair since I was 13:eek: DH never saw my natural color until we were married 15 years:D

I call mine "cut n color of the week".

For 1st DD's wedding, I had long curly blond hair (1996):)

For 2nd DD's wedding, I had straight red hair in a bob (1999);)

For the 2nd one I actually should have had lighter red "coiffed" hair (Endora from Bewitched...that's what D SILs call me:D

KG, didn't Ron Popiel used to make that Spray-on Hair stuff? I could actually use some myself. Women thin also:eek: :(

Go ahead...I've been coloring my hair since I was 13:eek: DH never saw my natural color until we were married 15 years:D

I call mine "cut n color of the week".

For 1st DD's wedding, I had long curly blond hair (1996):)

For 2nd DD's wedding, I had straight red hair in a bob (1999);)

For the 2nd one I actually should have had lighter red "coiffed" hair (Endora from Bewitched...that's what D SILs call me:D

KG, didn't Ron Popiel used to make that Spray-on Hair stuff? I could actually use some myself. Women thin also:eek: :(

OOPs, I hit the submit button twice:eek:

As I posted in another thread....Do it! Dooooooooo it!!!!it's just hair. You can chop it off and it'll grow back. Or you can color it and then color it back!

:D
chefann said:
As I posted in another thread....

Do it! Dooooooooo it!!!!

it's just hair. You can chop it off and it'll grow back. Or you can color it and then color it back!

So true!! ...and now I'll have new hair for my fabulous new earrings !! :D :D :D

Chef Endora said:
Yes, he did and does:

http://www.ronco.com/_prodimages/large/lrg_glhspray1pc-wht.jpg

Yes, he did and does:

There - I answered both your posts in one message to save time.

UPDATE: the dye is in my hair............

Yay Sue! I was going to tell you to do it... I'm highlighting my hair this weekend... but just saw that you're in the process right now! Yay! You'll love the fun change... I always feel prettier after I do my hair! You'll have to post a before and after picture if you have a chance :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yes, he did and does:

Yes, he did and does:

There - I answered both your posts in one message to save time.

Funny Guy!:D

SusanBP0129 said:
UPDATE: the dye is in my hair............
Is this like, one of those spy movie signal things?

My counter sign: Wet birds never fly at night.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Is this like, one of those spy movie signal things?

My counter sign: Wet birds never fly at night.

LMAO!!!
Sort of......I am not pleased with the results,......hmmmm......time to go to clairol.com!!

KG: another sign: Orange hair not so pretty for conference...

I was in a resturant...Have you ever not been able to look a someone because you know something is not quite right with what you are looking at? Well, this guy comes in after the the other 6 people in his party. They are all of of Asian decent. He looks Italian so he does not fit the picture to begin with. Well, for about half an hour I kept looking at him and particularly his head and couldn't quite figure out why. When he got up to go to the buffet for the third time, it hit me. He had very dark color in the center of his head but no hair!!! I almost did a spit take when I realized his head was painted!
When dying ones hair, timing is everything. And if your hair is even slightly gray, as is mine, the blonde won't always take properly. Gray hair hates color. That's why I am now all natural in the hair department. Mine got mousy blonde/brown when I hit 18 and I hated it. So sun-In, then Clairol Nice 'N Easy got in the mix. I finally stopped about 27 years later. Two or three days after the dye went in, the gray came back out with the sampoo!

pampered1224 said:
Have you ever not been able to look a someone because you know something is not quite right with what you are looking at? Well, this guy comes in after the the other 6 people in his party. They are all of of Asian decent. He looks Italian so he does not fit the picture to begin with. Well, for about half an hour I kept looking at him and particularly his head and couldn't quite figure out why. When he got up to go to the buffet for the third time, it hit me. He had very dark color in the center of his head but no hair!!! I almost did a spit take when I realized his head was painted!
When dying ones hair, timing is everything. And if your hair is even slightly gray, as is mine, the blonde won't always take properly. Gray hair hates color. That's why I am now all natural in the hair department. Mine got mousy blonde/brown when I hit 18 and I hated it. So sun-In, then Clairol Nice 'N Easy got in the mix. I finally stopped about 27 years later. Two or three days after the dye went in, the gray came back out with the sampoo!

Horrible!! I used to crack up everytime my co-worker bent down. It was a HORRIBLE spray job. I never understood why he thought that was a good idea!! LOL
Of course,here I sit with my slightly orange hair wondering that to do!!

How funny! I used to work at a grocery store and the pharmacist had a spray job also! It looked terrible! Face it...is there such a thing as a "good" spray job? He eventually got hair plugs or something and it looks really natural now. Why didn't his wife say anything to him before that though?

SusanBP0129 said:
Of course,here I sit with my slightly orange hair wondering that to do!!
Put on a couple of phoney tats, get piercings in your eyebrow, nose and tongue and go as a teenager.

I was recently invited to a Tatoo Party:eek: I am not about to start that at this age! Only piercings are my ears. My 40 year high school reunion is in August.....

Maybe I should rethink this. Do I want to be remembered...or really remembered:D :eek: ???

Then again, I could put plates on my Camaro (now parked in the backyard)
I bought that as my admitted mid-life crisis car 12 years ago. But do I want
to be remembered struggling to get out of it?.:eek: ..:eek: LMAO. Actually, it isn't that bad, but I could use some practice.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna go dye my hair now........;)

KG, thanks for the update on the spray hair:D

Try climbing out of a '61 Triumph TR-3.I can get in it with no trouble but I need a cherry picker to lift me out.

KG, maybe there could be some sort reality show on things like this....:eek:

Or, a late nite infomercial to sell videos of this type of thing. Like the Girls Gone Wild ones.

I saw a comedian do a schtick on people of our generation in the nursing home, gathered in a circle with our walkers, holding hands, trying to sway & singing "Stairway to Heaven". Yup...I can't get that image out of my head.

Wheelchair races while Bullit plays on the television.

Related to Should I Go Blonde? Expert Opinions & Tips for Indecisive Hair Color Choices

1. Should I go blonde if my hair is currently light brown/dark blonde with red highlights?

If you are happy with your current hair color, there is no need to change it. However, if you are looking for a change or want to enhance your current color, going blonde can be a fun option. Just make sure to consult with a professional hairstylist to determine the best shade and technique for achieving your desired blonde color.

2. Can I use at-home hair dye, such as Clairol Born Blonde, to go blonde?

While at-home hair dye can be a more affordable option, it is not recommended for drastic color changes like going from dark brown to blonde. This is because the chemicals in at-home dyes can be harsh on your hair and may not lift your hair color evenly. It is best to visit a salon for a professional and safe blonde transformation.

3. Will going blonde damage my hair?

Bleaching your hair to achieve a blonde color can be damaging to your hair, especially if your hair is already processed or damaged. It is important to take proper care of your hair before and after the coloring process to minimize damage. This can include using deep conditioning treatments and avoiding heat styling tools.

4. I've been blonde before, should I go blonde again?

If you have been blonde before and liked the results, then it may be a good option for you. However, keep in mind that your hair may have changed since your last blonde color and may not react the same way to the dye. It is best to consult with a professional hairstylist to determine if going blonde is still a good choice for you.

5. Any tips for maintaining blonde hair?

To keep your blonde hair looking its best, it is important to use products specifically designed for color-treated hair. This can help maintain the vibrancy of your blonde color and keep your hair healthy. Additionally, make sure to schedule regular touch-up appointments with your hairstylist to keep your roots from showing and maintain the overall color of your hair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
Back