• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy, Low Maintenance Haircut Ideas for Thin Hair - Photos and Inspiration

maybe even go to a few salons and get a feel for what they would recommend. I think that would be the best way to go. Good luck!I think your stylist would love Option #1 with the layers and highlights!
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I am so not fashion conscious. I am very tired of my long straight won't take a curl hair. I am looking for something new and different but is easy to take care of. I've never used chemical dyes or treated my hair but wouldn't be opposed to it. My hair is very thing and lays flat. I can get it to have a little volume if I blow dry upside down and use a round brush, but even that falls flat after an hour or two. Here is a picture of me. Also I have linked some ideas. Let me know what you think or if you have an idea you think would look good please post a pic or a link to a pic. The Meg Ryan one is nice but not sure my hair would take the volume and I wouldn't take it all blonde maybe just highlights... Do you like any of these or please suggest a different one :) Thanks so much. This whole 'girlie' thing is so out of my league :(

Option One
http://worldhairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/2efacfab07de9175c3ec87f6d7de83fe.jpg

Option Two
http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/images/Katie-Holmes-hair-bob.jpg

Option Three
http://hairbrained.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/meg-ryan-hair.jpeg

Option Four
http://z.about.com/d/womenshair/1/0/4/1/-/-/IMG_1591.JPG

Attachments

• amy sam.jpg
    amy sam.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 312
Are you talking about my hair?

I could not do any of these hairs, it would flatten down as soon as i step out of the salon. And to make it stay up i wouldn't want to have so much stuff in it that i get a poisoning from the sprays etc. I usually have it cut just shoulder length and clip the top part together in the back or pull it together in a ponytail. Not much imagination here.
Sorry i was not much of a help. I hope there will be some great ideas out there and maybe i will use some too.

I'd definitely go for the first one. Doesn't look like her hair is thick, the style would look great on you :) and you could use the round brush to get the volume at the top back part of the head. The others seem to have curl which you said you don't have. JMO, good luck! I love, love, love that first one!

All those styles are great options. I don't think the Meg Ryan one is at the top of my list for you though. :) By cutting it short and getting layers, or stacking it in the back, it will give you a little lift and dimension. Highlights will look great, too. Especially with spring on the way, you'll feel so light and fresh. :) I'd take all those pictures to your stylist so she can see what styles you are gravitating towards. She can evaluate your hair and see how best yours will lay. I'd look at your friends who have nice hairstyles or trendy styles and see who they go to--if you are unsure of who to go to.

I <3 option #4 it's a really nice cut!
post a picture after you choose.

I have fine hair that does not hold volume. I could curl and hair spray and it would never stay. Then I got the Meg Ryan cut, it is the new modern shag by the way. And I love it. I blow it dry and put some pomade in it to shape and foof. Go for it!! Then gt the blond highlights. Have dark brown hair and love mine.

Okay I just added my profile pic. Let's see if it works and you can see what I am talking about.

I like the first picture. Way cute!

I personally like #3 or #4... My hair is like that too...no volume/life, and to make matters worse, it's thinning (happens to all the women on my mom's side *uggh*)- especially on the crown! My stylist was great the last time I saw her in helping me with a style...but I'm thinking maybe for the summer, I should try something shorter too! I love some of the photos you gave. I'm a "blow and go" kind of girl- no time to primp/fuss over something that's going to flatten anyway - especially in our approaching humidity.

I have seen picture #1 transform a friend of mine so beautifully! It did a WOW factor all over the place with everyone!!! I agree, take all the pictures and see what your stylist thinks unless you are narrowing down favorites first! Can't wait to see the one you choose!

WOW thanks to everyone who suggested taking the pics to your stylist!! As a hairstylist myself, that help emensely when trying to read someone's mind. I would suggest talking to a few stylists if you don't have one, find one you are comfortable with and doesn't pretend to know what she/he is doing. Also, I personally think that you will get better service if you don't go to a franchised salon, they are under so much pressure to get people in and out that you may not get the best consultation, I managed one for 5 years. You won't get "poisoned" by the products either, most of them don't even contain CFCs anymore and a lot of companies are environmentally conscious. I think you could pull off any of those looks with a little tutoring from your stylists. Good luck, sorry i'm so chatty hair is my thing. :D

Well Jewel we could all use your advice and that is great we have a hair person here LOL!

Personally, I love option #4 for you...all those layers will give a "thicker" illusion to your hair. I think you could also cut it at an "angle", so it's longer on the sides towards the front, but gets shorter as it goes toward the back...very cool!

Be sure to post your "before" and "after" looks once you go for it!!

I LOOOOOVE #1 , but really like #4 as well.
I say go with #1.

Good luck :)

Your face shape is just like #2 but I would have it layered more than that.

It also depends on how much you want to style your hair too. Are you a "wash and go" or a "wash, mousse and style" person?

I'm a former hairstylist too!

The other thing is to find a stylist who wears a nice style that YOU like...
the last thing you want to do is go to someone who has an outdated hairdo and wants to give you an 80's look or something! :yuck:

And I agree about not going to a chain...go to an independent stylist and when you call for an appt, explain that you want to have a consult first and that you are exploring cut ideas....maybe go in and talk to the girl, show the pics, let her play w/ your hair and see what advice she has.

Good luck!

I have that kind of hair too:( But my stylist is amazing....the highlights really give my hair body and the cut is soooo important. I blow dry upside down, do a small amount of teasing, always combing over so you can't tell and the spray the heck out of it with a really firm holding spray like Big Sexy Hair...Spray and play harder. Add more as needed. I also stop washing my hair everyday. Funny thing...the dirtier it gets the better it behaves.
Post after you go for it:)
Kelly

I LOVE IT!!

It looks great on you.

I am getting ready to get my hair cut similar but a little bit longer..it will be a HUGE change for me..since right now my hair is down to my waist. My hair looks like it is a little thicker than yours.

Here are the pix

Attachments

• DSCN0791.jpg
    DSCN0791.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN0792.jpg
    DSCN0792.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN0793.jpg
    DSCN0793.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 262
If I were a woman, I'd find myself a top notch hairdresser who could look at my face (objectively) and the attributes of my hair and make recommendations. I wouldn't make the decision myself without some real knowledge and I sure wouldn't ask total strangers to help make the decision. Sorry, but that's my way of doing things. Flame away!

chefmoseley said:
Here are the pix

I think this looks really nice! Did you go with it on your own or did the stylist suggest it?

steph I really like the first and fourth pix (not meg or kate) that are included in the original post. I took those pictures to the salon and talked some details through with the hairdresser. For example I have three kids 5yrs old and under so I didn't want to do a lot to it in the morning for it to look good. So now I have mousse and blow dry I can handle that. Also I wanted to still be able to tuck behind my ear and pull back the longer strands. The front long layers match the back long layers so it looks choppy but not sloppy. I am happy with it and proud of myself for making such a big change. I've never had hair this short and it is a major confidence booster to have taken this step.

I"m glad you are happy with it! My stipulation is that my hair has to go in a ponytail...other than that, I'm good. LOL

RMDave said:
If I were a woman, I'd find myself a top notch hairdresser who could look at my face (objectively) and the attributes of my hair and make recommendations. I wouldn't make the decision myself without some real knowledge and I sure wouldn't ask total strangers to help make the decision. Sorry, but that's my way of doing things. Flame away!

I agree with you Dave..I totally trust my hairdresser..and she is very honest..so when I decide that I want to get my hair cut differently I pick some out of books and she tells me honestly what she thinks..and there have been plenty of times that she has said..NO..LOL.

I had about 5 picked out when I was looking at pictures for my next cut..and she helped me narrow it down to the best one for me..based on my face shape..as well as she knows that most of the time I like to be lazy about my hair..BUT..sometimes I like to actually do something with it.

I think Katie Holmes would look good on you. You need more hair around your face.

lockhartkitchen said:
I think Katie Holmes would look good on you. You need more hair around your face.

bangs would be good.

Amy, I think the cut is very cute - and look at that shine! I could never get my hair to shine like that!

I would have expected more layers to give it a little more volume, but otherwise I think it's great.

And, Dave, wouldn't you have to HAVE hair before worrying about how to get it cut! :p:love:

Looks GREAT! My stylist is doing something very similar to your style on me and the only difference is she makes a part side to side, behind the middle of top of my head and dries that back for height on me! Looks really good on you but most importantly, how do you like it?

pampchefsarah said:
Amy, I think the cut is very cute - and look at that shine! I could never get my hair to shine like that!

I would have expected more layers to give it a little more volume, but otherwise I think it's great.

And, Dave, wouldn't you have to HAVE hair before worrying about how to get it cut! :p:love:

OOOOOO>>>>Sarah...you have been full of P&V lately! *lol* Just living dangerously these days....:D

1. How can I achieve volume in my thin hair?

To add volume to thin hair, try blow-drying your hair upside down with a round brush. You can also use volumizing products or try a layered haircut.

2. What are some easy, low maintenance haircut ideas for thin hair?

Some low maintenance options for thin hair include a short bob, a layered cut, or a pixie cut. These styles require minimal styling and upkeep.

3. Can I use chemical dyes or treatments on thin hair?

Yes, you can use chemical dyes and treatments on thin hair, but it's important to use products specifically designed for thin hair and to follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your hair.

4. Which of these haircuts would work best for thin hair?

All of the options provided could work for thin hair, but it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and face shape. It may be helpful to consult with a hairstylist to find the best option for you.

5. How can I add some variety to my thin, straight hair?

To add some variety to straight, thin hair, you could try adding layers, getting bangs, or adding highlights or lowlights. These can add texture and dimension to your hair without requiring too much maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • julyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
julyskitchen
Replies