• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Colors Their Own Hair?? Uggh

In summary, a woman cut her hair short and her husband loves it. Another woman is considering cutting her hair short and another woman is still growing her hair out.
chefjwr
Hi Ladies,
Do you color your own hair??Do you have to bleach a mustache?? Am I the only one who does this?? Isn't it miserable. Would like to be cute for Conference. Who is doing the same thing? I color and highlight--it's a day long thing it seems like. Any great ideas? I too am thinking of chopping off this hair. It was very very long when I had my first child then went some shorter then I cut if pretty darn short a couple of years ago. I have gotten it grown past the hang in my eyes stage and now past my shoulders. Now -can you believe it- I'm thinking I wish it were short. My daughter says no don't cut it short. I can finally pull it back but not so attractive really. My hair is very thick and some of the cute layering just ends up with the shorter part around my face being IN my face. Any hair advice?

Someone else was thinking about cutting their hair, too... there is a thread somewhere. I completely forgot to make an appointment with my girl to get my haircut before NC... hopefully she can get me in this week!

Well...I just got 8 inches of hair cut off the other day without thinking too much about it beforehand. The prenatals from my last baby made it grow so fast and I couldn't be bothered with hair cuts and silly things like that when I was nursing an infant every 90 minutes....so now, probably for the last year, it goes in a pony tail or loose bun on my head. Apparently my dh has been dropping hints.."why don't you wear your hair down anymore?"...blah blah...maybe because the 15 month old likes to swing from it?

Well he got his message thru loud and clear the other day....He said. "You know when you wear your hair up like that it reminds me of my ex-gf so and so"...Two hours later I left my office and ran to the salon and had it all lopped off.

He loves it, I love it, everyone I see compliments me on it. My teenage daughter likes it long, but what do kids know right?

I say go for it!

Oh and yes, I wax the stache too. What a bothersome thing that is too eh?

I don't dye yet...but I'm sure my day will come.

GL to you, I say go for some sweet and sassy hairstyle, surprise everyone!:D

I'm very lucky - my sister-in-law has her own salon so she cuts and colors my hair for free! (yes I know you're all jealous:) - I always pay her in some sort of product (whether it's snacks from our Pepperidge Farm outlet or PC products which she doesn't have - like a cookbook) - it's a great perk in my family - my hubby and kids get haircuts as well. We sometimes have to wait a little longer between them but it's worth it in the long run - getting mine cut and colored on Thursday!

I actually need to do a lot and the funny thing is that I am the main one keeping up with the counting down for my wave, so You'd think I'd realize that it is getting close and just yesterday I got to thinking of some things I need to do and just about freaked!:eek: :D :eek:
I need to go get my eye appt done. I broke my eye glasses 3 weeks ago, so I need to get this taken care of and get some contacts before conference! I need to make some calls first thing in the morning tomorrow!
And yes, I am getting my hair done for conference, highlighted and cut. I am also thinking about getting my nails done too! I might see if my neighbor can do alot of it for me, she's good at that type of stuff!
I still need to go buy me some crocs too!:rolleyes: I need to get the heck off this site sometime and actually get ready! :rolleyes: :D ;)

riggs62 said:
Apparently my dh has been dropping hints.."why don't you wear your hair down anymore?"...blah blah...maybe because the 15 month old likes to swing from it?

When was your little one born? My DD showed up April 7 last year!

February 27 last year, taken by force! 9lbs 3 oz and ten days early!
His Est fetal weight was 10-12 lbs, they highly recommended a C section. I pretty much had to give when they told me that!

Mine son is gifted...learned how to pick his nose yesterday.

does your DD do anything new and interesting?

Gina M said:
getting mine cut and colored on Thursday!
Haaa!!! so am I!! Now I just need to fit in a pedicure before we leave on Sunday!! :)

Yes, I color my own hair. I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it for me because I have to have it done about every four weeks. I don't highlight. It looks pretty natural. If I let it go, w/o coloring it, it wouldn't look natural. I would look 20 years older! If you decide to color your own hair, do not buy anything with the word "Ash" in it. It could turn your hair some tint of green! Thankfully, I've never used "ash", and a good friend of mine who does hair for a living, told me about this problem. I wish I could afford to get a foil. Maybe, someday.

riggs62 said:
February 27 last year, taken by force! 9lbs 3 oz and ten days early!
His Est fetal weight was 10-12 lbs, they highly recommended a C section. I pretty much had to give when they told me that!

Mine son is gifted...learned how to pick his nose yesterday.

does your DD do anything new and interesting?

PMd you so we didn't continue to completely dominate Julie's thread!

Mine son is gifted...learned how to pick his nose yesterday

riggs
my son just turned 2 and i can't post here what hes has discovered :eek:

If you decide to color your own hair, do not buy anything with the word "Ash" in it. It could turn your hair some tint of green!

if i don't use "ash" i go bright red :mad: not what i'm after when i like blonde lo
l

oh and both the stach and dbl chin get a good waxing

isnt being female wonderful, what we dont do to look good

I am actually having a girlfriend whose aunt is a stylist (and taught her) highlight me hair for me, hopefully before conference. She's been out of town and I'll see her tomorrow at work, so hopefully we can find an evening that works for both of us... fingers crossed...

Wave 1. So little time --so much hair. Check off hair color for me and stache. Now maybe hightlights and pedi. I leave for a trip that is going to end in a flight directly to Conference. I leave on Tues. am. Packing!!!! The shoes really throw me. I have no business casual walking shoes.

heather9892 said:
riggs
my son just turned 2 and i can't post here what hes has discovered :eek:

I work with one and two year olds, I bet I could guess what he has discovered :rolleyes:

I've never been brave enough to color my own hair. Thankfully, I live in an area where salon prices aren't too high. I had my last cut & color last week, so I should be my cutest for NC. (Don't get your hopes up. It's not that cute.) I'm planning a bit of pampering for the day before I leave for NC. (Appropriate, right? Pampering myself before The Pampered Chef National Conference?) I'll be getting a manicure, pedicure, and an ear cone candling. The mani/pedi will be done by a new host for July who just started working out of her mom's hair salon. Mom is a repeat host. I'll be doing a bit of host coaching while I'm there. Hey, do you think that means I can write off the cost of the mani/pedi? (Hee, hee, hee!)

Thankfully, I live in an area where salon prices aren't too high.

rae
your so lucky!!!!!!! just a cut at a good salon around here is $45:eek: never mind what it cost for color and highlights, think the last time i got highlights years ago it was around $200 for them with a cut :mad:

I'll be doing a bit of host coaching while I'm there. Hey, do you think that means I can write off the cost of the mani/pedi? (Hee, hee, hee!)

i bet u could :D

KG must be sleeping:D

I still can't keep from chuckling when I think of all the comments on the Spanx thread.

Since "mentalpause" my hair is thinning on top. :eek: The dermatologist told me to use Rogaine & any stylist will freak when you tell them that. They recommend Nioxin products which actually do work. They are pricey, but my DD who is a LMT gets it for me from the beauty supply store with her discount. I am forced to wear my hair as I am able to at the moment.:( With shorter new growth underneath, it looks like I have cowlicks. I think I should go for the spiked look. Hell, maybe I'll get that tatoo while I'm at it!:D :eek:

No mustache issue....yet:)

well it is said that as we get older the growth of hair on our legs slows down :)

but they neglect to tell us that it is so we have the time to take care of our newly aquired mustache :mad: lol

I color my own hair too, because I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it when I can do it at home for $5! And I am NOT ready to go gray! I've been getting gray hairs since I was 17:( I'm doing it tomorrow, after I get it cut today....I still don't know how I want it cut though!

Dye is in my hair as I post this.....:D :cool: :D
I cut my own also.....;)

For a long time I colored my own hair....and cut it myself sometimes too. Then, one day in the paper there was a coupon for new stylist, who had just started working at an expensive salon just a block from my house......All haircuts just $14.....so I made an appointment - and was hooked! I now pay full price for cut & color - with DH's approval! He LOVED my new haircut so much, he even said it was worth the $$ for me to get it done!

Oh - and my stylist? She's young, just got engaged, bought a house w/ her fiance, and is going to have a PC Bridal Shower!:D

I pay about $70 for cuts and highlights, as opposed to the $120+ I used to pay at a salon before. I go to a stylist who has her own one woman operation in her home and it's 5 mins from my house.

She's having a show this summer to get new cookware. :)

I need to get my hair cut. I keep thinking I want to go short, but everytime I've had it cut short I didin't like it. I have long spiral curls. I wear it up most of the time. DH loves my long hair, he said I could get 6" cut off.

I think you can write that off but what do I know?

lacychef said:
I color my own hair too, because I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it when I can do it at home for $5! And I am NOT ready to go gray! I've been getting gray hairs since I was 17:( I'm doing it tomorrow, after I get it cut today....I still don't know how I want it cut though!
I have had gray's in my hair since around the same age. I moved to Holland in 1997 from the east side of MI where I was getting a cut and highlight for around $40. The stylist just pulled all the gray up into the foil and highlighted it. When I moved here and told the stylist what I was used to having done, she called another stylist over and asked her what she thought. This other stylist said, out loud, "That's too much gray for that. You'll have to color all of it." NIIICE! Maybe, true, but could you be a little more discreet. I was only 26 years old! I have had my hair professionally colored less than five times in the last 10 years. I'm on my way upstairs right now to do it myself. It should look natural by the time I show up at conference.

I am debating if I have time to highlight today. I colored yesterday. The highlights usually are pretty brassy the first week- I don't want to look strange. Highlights help if they will tone down soon enough.

I color my own hair. I did do a salon thing about 3 years ago, but that's because I had a gift certificate. It was around $80 each time I went, but lasted about 6 months, so not so bad. Anyway, I used to go to Fantastic Sams before we moved and paid $20 for my cut. The lady was actually very good. Now I can pay $11 at Great Clips but the hair cut is just awful! Thank goodness my hair is so short that I can go a while without getting it cut. I just can't find someone there yet who is worth a darn! I can't wait until my business gets to where I want it so I can pay $40 for a cut. I know it will then be worth the complaint if it goes wrong.

I have an appt Thursday for a hairdo. I don't think I need my roots done, but I'm sure my girl will let me know! She's a friend who is a stylist by trade, but now stays home with her son and does hair in her garage. (SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH...don't tell anyone!)

I've had a manicure once (day before my wedding). How much do they cost in your areas nowadays? Pedicure?

Curious...don't think I can afford to Pamper myself having to pay for gas, hotel, etc. for this trip, but maybe...

1. Can I color my hair at home or should I go to a salon?

It ultimately depends on your comfort level and experience with coloring hair. If you have experience and feel confident in your abilities, coloring your hair at home can be a cost-effective option. However, if you have never colored your hair before or are looking for a major change, it may be best to visit a salon to ensure the best results.

2. How often should I touch up my colored hair?

This can vary depending on your hair type and the color you are using. In general, permanent hair color should be touched up every 4-6 weeks to cover new growth. However, if you are using a semi-permanent or temporary color, touch-ups may be needed more frequently.

3. Will coloring my hair damage it?

It is possible for hair coloring to cause damage, especially if done incorrectly or if the hair is already damaged. However, with proper techniques and using high-quality products, hair coloring can be done without causing significant damage. It's important to also regularly use deep conditioning treatments and limit the use of heat styling tools to maintain healthy hair.

4. Can I color my hair if I have previously bleached it?

It is possible to color over bleached hair, but it may require more effort and may not turn out as expected. It's important to consider the current condition of your hair and consult a professional before attempting to color over bleached hair. They can recommend the best course of action to achieve your desired result without causing further damage.

5. How do I choose the right hair color for me?

Choosing the right hair color depends on a variety of factors, such as your skin tone, eye color, and personal preference. It can be helpful to consult with a stylist or use online tools to determine your skin tone and which hair colors will complement it. It's also important to consider the maintenance and upkeep of different hair colors before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jbarnhill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies