• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool & Crunchy Tacos (Taco Salad) Mayo Substitute?

The host doesn't like mayonnaise because it is made of eggs. The vegan guest doesn't eat any meat, so yogurt would be acceptable.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host is excited about this recipe, except for the mayo in the dressing. She asked if yogurt would be okay instead. Has anyone tried that? Just wondering if I need to add anything else to it to counteract any difference the yogurt might make.

I think plain yogurt, not even vanilla flavor, would be OK. Or maybe even sour cream? Is she opposed to the fat of mayo or has a diff. problem with mayo? I haven't made the recipe since last summer, but it's going back in my rotation.

It started off that she doesn't like "creamy" things (mayo, cream cheese, etc). That's why she turned down my offer to make Creamy One Pot Pasta. Her friend is also a Vegan, so she was going to use something called Veganeeze? or something. But then this morning she asked about using Yogurt, so...

I'm her polar opposite, love everything creamy. Do you do Chicken Penne al Fresco for shows, though the vegan couldn't eat it. I like hosts who don't cater to one guest's eating restrictions and say they'll have other food there that that guest can eat. Now, if it's the host who has issues, I'm willing to work around that. Good luck!

Veganaise is more like miracle whip than mayo, IMO. It would work fine as a substitute I think.

If she wants to use yogurt, I would use plain Greek Yogurt. It's thicker, and has a smoother flavor and mouth feel. I use it in place of sour cream, cream cheese, etc....

babywings76 said:
It started off that she doesn't like "creamy" things (mayo, cream cheese, etc). That's why she turned down my offer to make Creamy One Pot Pasta. Her friend is also a Vegan, so she was going to use something called Veganeeze? or something. But then this morning she asked about using Yogurt, so...

Sorry, weird question...if she doesn't like creamy things - why is she asking about yogurt? Isn't that "creamy"?? I'm not a big yogurt fan, so I am not sure of all the different types, but aren't they "creamy"?

Veganaise is a mayo, but it's REALLY runny! You many want to add it in smaller quantities to get the consistency you want instead of adding it all at once.

If it is because mayo is eggs and they are vegans, not eating ANY meat products then yogurt shouldn't be acceptable to them either. Sounds like they might just be one of those difficult hosts who has to make everything complicated. I have had way too many of them.

I know, it's pretty confusing. ;)
She's a vegetarian and her close friend is the Vegan. But the host doesn't like creamy things (her words). Now, the Vegan friend is strict in her own kitchen, but when she is out for the night, doesn't obsess about it. So, my host is used to the Vegan alternatives and offered the Veganaise. But when she suggested yogurt, that completely confused me, but oh well. She really is a sweet girl, and not trying to be a pain. (it's just confusing! :D ) They are appreciative that I'm trying hard to accommodate their food lifestyle. :)

1. What is the best substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos?

The best substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos is plain Greek yogurt. It has a similar creamy texture and tangy flavor, but with less fat and calories.

2. Can I use sour cream as a substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos?

Yes, sour cream can be used as a substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos. However, it may alter the flavor slightly and make the dish tangier.

3. Is there a vegan substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos?

Yes, you can use vegan mayo or mashed avocado as a substitute for mayo in Cool & Crunchy Tacos. Both options will add a creamy texture and can be easily customized to your personal taste.

4. How much mayo should I substitute in Cool & Crunchy Tacos?

The amount of mayo you substitute in Cool & Crunchy Tacos will depend on personal preference and the recipe you are following. As a general rule, you can use an equal amount of the substitute (e.g. 1 tablespoon of mayo = 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt).

5. Can I omit the mayo altogether in Cool & Crunchy Tacos?

Yes, you can omit the mayo altogether in Cool & Crunchy Tacos. The recipe will still be delicious and crunchy without it. You can also try adding a splash of lime juice or a drizzle of olive oil for added flavor and moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
yourpcgal
  • mpkegley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies