• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos - Twist

...then add to ERMC.Place tortilla chips in collapsible bowl. Add chicken to ERMC, then mango, jicama, cilantro, lime, mayo, and cumin. Pass around dish.End with a recap of how this recipe works, and how much time it takes to make.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Got this idea from one of the top sellers in my extended cluster...

Instead of doing the chicken breasts for the tacos in the grill pan she does a 30 min chicken - starts it as soon as she gets to her host's house and has it cooking while she set's up. Debones it and has it in a bowl for the show. During the demo she passes it around and lets the guests chop it with the salad choppers. She saves a bit of the chicken on the side so that the guests can taste it.

I'm trying this tonight for my family and going to do it at my show this weekend. Great way to work-in the DCB for your show!

btw...this person sold $89,991 last year.

Update: I made this - I don't really recommend it :(

It was very time consuming! I had a little over a 5 pound chicken and it took 35 mins to cook. I let it sit for @ 10-15 mins while I was doing other things. It was still really hot when I deboned it. I usually get to my shows only 30 mins ahead of time and if I were to do this recipe and get this much done ahead of time I'd have to be there almost and hour early....not really what I want to do.

If i were going to do this in the DCB at a show I would do boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the DBC and chop them up in the DCB. But, frankly I'm not sure I'd do this recipe at a show. It used several bowls and was mostly slicing or chopping with the knives or salad choppers - didn't really show alot of product.

The taste was good, but it didn't wow me.

Personally, I think I'd like this one better as a salad and not as a taco.

I have made this as a salad both in the trifle bowl and in the large dots bowl. A nice presentation either way. I have not made it as tacos yet but my husbad has said we should next time we make it.

I do the chicken breasts in the DCB in 12-15 minutes while we all start chopping and slicing. The whole recipe takes me about 30 minutes on my own or at a show with interactive format. Works well for me and it does show a lot of products:

DCB, cutting boards, mandoline (for the jicima), microplane, citris press, mixing bowls, whichever serving dish (trifle or dots large bowl), salad chopper, knives...

I also substitute the cayenne with chipolte rub so I can talk about the pantry stuff too.

I have done it with the chicken breasts in the DCB also and used the salad choppers. I always do chicken in the baker at every show. I so the Chipotle Chili with chicken breasts too. I sell so many $99 deals this way.

Please remind me what the $99 deal is again.
Thanks

Becky just posted on CS how she does this at a show....I swear, that girl is just fabulous when it comes to recipes! Here is her twist, I could do this at a show!

Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad
BEFORE THE PARTY:

Put chicken in DCB with a squeeze of lime, and a dusting of Chipotle Rub, and cook in micro until done. Leave in micro w/ lid on.

Peel mango, and slice part way. (using serrated peeler)

Peel jicama most of the way. (I buy the jicama, and I've only been finding super huge jicama, so I quarter it, and just bring a quarter of it to use)

Open lettuce and arrange on large bamboo tray (yes, I have my host buy packaged lettuce. I know I could use the salad spinner, but I don't want to haul it to shows. If it was an upcoming host special, I'd bring it)

Put cilantro in 1 cup prep bowl, ready to chop.
Put limes in Bamboo Snack Bowl (the larger one)

Put Mayo in 2 cup ERMC, and add cumin. (I double the recipe for the salad)

Pour tortilla chips into smallest Collapsible bowl.

SHOW DEMO

Show cooked chicken in DCB - talk about the magic pot and all its wonders. Chop up chicken with mix n chop.

Cut mango - talk about knives, cutting boards, and tips for picking a ripe mango and how to best slice it.

Peel jicama - talk about jicama, and serrated peeler. Then julienne jicama with the julienne peeler. (Sorry, I think the UM is out of place here, and makes more work than necessary - it's SO easy to julienne the jicama - and faster! - at my last show, EVERYONE bought one!)

Place mango & jicama in small SS bowl.

Chop cilantro with the food chopper, add to SS bowl.

Cut lime in half & squeeze lime juice into SS bowl - mix everything together.

Make dressing - more lime juice, and 1 tsp chipotle rub added to the mayo/cumin mixture.

Toss part of dressing with chicken in DCB.

Place chicken on top of lettuce, then add Mango mixture. Drizzle a little more dressing around the edges, where it's just lettuce, and then crunch a few tortilla chips over the top. Serve with the Bamboo Claws. Have extra dressing on the side in the Bamboo Snack Bowl (the one the limes were in) with the bamboo little ladle. Oh, and serve extra chips on the side too. :)

My $99 deal is:

baker
SB
rub of their choice
salad choppers

those 4 products total $99. One of my consultants put together a 32 page DCB cookbook that I had printed and spirally bound by Office Depot. I give that away for free if they purchase the deal. The cookbooks cost be about $2.50 a piece. I have over 50 bakers this year with it.

Related to Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos - Twist

1. How do you make the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos - Twist?

To make these delicious tacos, you will need Pampered Chef's Rockcrok® Dutch Oven, chicken breasts, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips. First, cook the chicken in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven until it is fully cooked. Then, add in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn, and black beans. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Finally, serve the chicken mixture in tortilla shells and top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and can be made with ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use the same seasonings and toppings for the best results.

3. How do I prevent the tortilla chips from getting soggy?

The trick is to add the crushed tortilla chips right before serving the tacos. This will prevent them from getting soggy and keep them nice and crunchy. You can also serve the chips on the side for people to add themselves if they prefer.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can! You can prepare the chicken mixture ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the mixture in a pan or in the microwave and assemble the tacos with the toppings and crushed tortilla chips.

5. Are there any alternative toppings I can use?

Definitely! You can get creative with your toppings and use whatever you have on hand. Some suggestions include avocado, salsa, sour cream, diced onions, jalapenos, or cilantro. You can also add a squeeze of lime juice for some extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies