• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad Without Pineapple: Can It Work?

In summary, you can substitute pineapple with diced apples, fresh berries, or dried cranberries in your salad. The salad will still taste good without pineapple as there are plenty of other ingredients that can provide a delicious balance of sweetness and crunch. Other fruits that pair well with salad include peaches, pears, oranges, and grapes. You can also add toppings like nuts, seeds, crumbled cheese, or crispy bacon to your salad without pineapple. Omitting pineapple from your salad allows you to incorporate a variety of other nutritious fruits and vegetables, providing a wider range of vitamins and minerals in your diet.
mpkegley
Another thread reminded me of the Salad cards and this recipe. Has anyone made this without pineapple? I love the idea of this salad, but I cannot handle the taste of pineapple in anything. I am thinking of trying it, but maybe using juice from an orange instead and just leaving out the pineapple, but just wondered if it would ruin the salad.

Call me crazy but I don't see any pineapple listed in the recipe. I'm looking at the Taffy Apple Trifle Salad recipe in the recipe file section. It's really good, I made it for my coworkers and they went crazy over it! http://www.chefsuccess.com/recipes.php?do=view&id=78

Pineapple is the first ingredient for the recipe that I am talking about. It is not the recipe that you posted, but it sounds great! Thanks for posting that one, because I may just have to make that one instead.

I think Mary the recipe you are speaking of is Jerk Chicken Salad---the recipe cards have a pineapple on it and that was from Summer 2007.

Taffy Apple is a completely different recipe.

HTH!

No, the recipe that I am talking about is Taffy Apple Salad in the Salad Recipe Cards that were discontinued a while back.

Related to Salad Without Pineapple: Can It Work?

1. Can I substitute pineapple for another fruit in my salad?

Yes, you can definitely substitute pineapple for another fruit in your salad. Some great options include diced apples, fresh berries, or even dried cranberries.

2. Will the salad still taste good without pineapple?

Absolutely! While pineapple adds a unique flavor and texture to salads, there are plenty of other ingredients that can provide a delicious balance of sweetness and crunch.

3. What are some other fruits that pair well with salad?

In addition to the options mentioned above, other fruits that pair well with salad include sliced peaches, pears, oranges, and grapes. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite.

4. Can I add other toppings to my salad if I don't use pineapple?

Definitely! Adding toppings like nuts, seeds, crumbled cheese, or crispy bacon can add texture and flavor to your salad without pineapple.

5. Are there any health benefits to omitting pineapple from my salad?

While pineapple does offer some health benefits, such as being a good source of vitamin C, omitting it from your salad allows you to incorporate a variety of other nutritious fruits and vegetables. This can help you get a wider range of vitamins and minerals in your diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • susanr613
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies