• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aPoll About the Pampered Chef Credit Card

In summary, the author is undecided about whether or not to get a Pampered Chef credit card and is concerned about the approval rate and the potential for negative rewards. They are also worried about the overall efficiency of their PC usage without a debit card.
SusanPC
Just curious, especially about the approval rate, and don't want to embarrass anyone. Still trying to figure out this Pampered Chef credit card and whether I should apply . . . . I don't need another open account, I'm not positive that I would "qualify" anyway, but I hate missing out on rewards! :balloon:

I got one, haven't used it though. The rewards are really low. Less than one percent on the first $500 charged each month. If you carry any kind of balance, it will completely negate any benefits.

I am one of those people who just refuses to carry a balance! I realize that I pay interest on my mortgage, and we have financed autos, but I have a problem paying CC interest! But it would be nice to not have to worry quite so much about customers' checks clearing in time to cover debits, etc.

I do NOT like debit cards and never have had one on my personal checking account. There are some inherent protection in credit card charges that don't exist in debit cards. I would much prefer using a CC than a debit.

I shared my philosophy in the other thread.

SusanPC said:
I am one of those people who just refuses to carry a balance! I realize that I pay interest on my mortgage, and we have financed autos, but I have a problem paying CC interest! But it would be nice to not have to worry quite so much about customers' checks clearing in time to cover debits, etc.

I do NOT like debit cards and never have had one on my personal checking account. There are some inherent protection in credit card charges that don't exist in debit cards. I would much prefer using a CC than a debit.
It sounds to me like you pretty well have your mind made up.

You should also have a separate checking account for your PC business.

If you're good about paying it off every month, then you're fine. I just know that having that card is like having a "FREE PASS" to buy whatever I want when I'm in a "buying mood" at the mall, and I have to eliminate those in my life. I struggle with this a lot, so I'm the kind of person that the credit card company WANTS to get the card. They don't want you, but that's why you should get it! (Makes tons of sense, doesn't it?!)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It sounds to me like you pretty well have your mind made up.

You should also have a separate checking account for your PC business.

No, I definitely haven't or I wouldn't be posting about it. You can't really function efficiently with PC without the debit card, but I would just rather use credit.

And I have a separate account for PC. As I mentioned, I would never have a debit card on my personal account. It wouldn't be as major an issue for the PC business account, but if there is a problem with unauthorized charges it is a long, slow, painful process to get straightened out, much more difficult than with a CC charge. I wouldn't care if PC preferred bank draft, just not a debit card. :grumpy:

cathyskitchen said:
If you're good about paying it off every month, then you're fine. I just know that having that card is like having a "FREE PASS" to buy whatever I want when I'm in a "buying mood" at the mall, and I have to eliminate those in my life. I struggle with this a lot, so I'm the kind of person that the credit card company WANTS to get the card. They don't want you, but that's why you should get it! (Makes tons of sense, doesn't it?!)

Makes sense to me! While I have a few splurges, my husband tells me that I am more like a man than a woman :eek: because I really don't like to shop. (I don't enjoy the "walking around the mall trying on stuff all day" trips. I go when I have to get something specific and am usually in and out in a hurry.) He meant it as a compliment, I think, so I tried not to be too offended.:)

SusanPC said:
No, I definitely haven't or I wouldn't be posting about it. You can't really function efficiently with PC without the debit card, but I would just rather use credit.

And I have a separate account for PC. As I mentioned, I would never have a debit card on my personal account. It wouldn't be as major an issue for the PC business account, but if there is a problem with unauthorized charges it is a long, slow, painful process to get straightened out, much more difficult than with a CC charge. I wouldn't care if PC preferred bank draft, just not a debit card. :grumpy:
The debit card for TPC is proprietary. If you tried to hand it to the clerk at the grocery store, she'd look at you like you had carrots coming out of your ears.

I do have a debit card attached to my TPC checking account, though. I use it for making business purchases besides from HO - Merrill, for one, and the grocery store if I need show supplies.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The debit card for TPC is proprietary. If you tried to hand it to the clerk at the grocery store, she'd look at you like you had carrots coming out of your ears.

I do have a debit card attached to my TPC checking account, though. I use it for making business purchases besides from HO - Merrill, for one, and the grocery store if I need show supplies.
I do the same.

I don't have the CC and don't care for it. Now on the note of the PC debit card, it is only valid through PC, you cannot use it any where else.

I didn't get checks with by PC account, I figured that if I used the debit card my bank provided me to buy business supplies it would be easier for me to keep track of my receipts as I balance my checkbook.

SusanPC said:
Makes sense to me! While I have a few splurges, my husband tells me that I am more like a man than a woman :eek: because I really don't like to shop. (I don't enjoy the "walking around the mall trying on stuff all day" trips. I go when I have to get something specific and am usually in and out in a hurry.) He meant it as a compliment, I think, so I tried not to be too offended.:)

That's me too! I avoid the Mall, unless I need something specific.

But DH and I both like to wander through dusty little antique stores, and unique gift shops....we can do that for hours!

I have all of it...I mainly got the credit card to help simplify keep my book keeping. There are times I have to get supplies and/or office equipment and it is just easier if I can keep any interest I may accrue separate from my other CC's. I think by this thread we can see that we have lots of good options that fit all of our needs and philosophies!

chefann said:
I got one, haven't used it though. The rewards are really low. Less than one percent on the first $500 charged each month. If you carry any kind of balance, it will completely negate any benefits.
If you pay only pay for all of your shows with it you will (usually) go over the $500 each month and if you pay it in full with the money paid to you for the shows you won't carry a balance. Those using the debit card make sure the money's in the bank before submitting their shows; I make sure it's there before paying the CC. Same difference except I can earn $$ - when I get that credit back I feel like I got extra commission because that was money I had deposited from a show but didn't have to pay back.

I think the benefits are good for me. We all have our own reasons and history and I respect that. Do what you feel is the right thing for you.

Related to aPoll About the Pampered Chef Credit Card

What is the Pampered Chef Credit Card?

The Pampered Chef Credit Card is a store credit card that can be used to make purchases at Pampered Chef, a direct seller of kitchen tools, cookware, and other household products. It is issued by Comenity Bank and offers various benefits and rewards for cardholders.

What are the benefits of the Pampered Chef Credit Card?

The Pampered Chef Credit Card offers various benefits, including 10% off your first purchase, free shipping on orders over $250, exclusive discounts and offers, and the opportunity to earn points for every purchase which can be redeemed for future purchases.

How can I apply for the Pampered Chef Credit Card?

You can apply for the Pampered Chef Credit Card by visiting the Pampered Chef website or by filling out an application at any Pampered Chef party. You will need to provide personal and financial information, and your credit will be reviewed to determine your eligibility for the card.

Are there any fees associated with the Pampered Chef Credit Card?

The Pampered Chef Credit Card has no annual fee, but there may be fees for late payments or returned payments. It is important to read the terms and conditions of the card carefully before applying to understand any potential fees.

Can I use the Pampered Chef Credit Card at other retailers?

No, the Pampered Chef Credit Card can only be used for purchases at Pampered Chef. However, if you have a Comenity Bank credit card, you may be able to use their "shopping cart trick" to apply for a different store credit card that can be used at multiple retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • SusanPC