• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated With the Whole Declined Credit Card Thing...

In summary, the customer declined the credit card, re-entered the information, and still it was declined. The customer called the host and decided to lower the order. This put the host under 400. The host had to resolve the situation by buying an item under that order. It was just frustrating that the host almost had to give up some of her order and delay the show.
Symara
Gold Member
So, I had a declined credit card, re-entered the info, still declined, called the customer, she decides to lower her order (apparently it's a debit card and she didn't have enough money in her account) and this put my host under 400. I had to resolve this, by buying an item under that order (only 22 but still) so the show wouldn't be put on hold again until I figured out what to do with the host.

I understand this, but it would be nice if we could run the cards before the show is submitted to see what will be declined, get it situated before it is submitted and just have the funds put on hold in the account, and then after it's submitted the funds are actually withdrawn.

If so - we would probably have to pay the processing fees....I'd much rather deal with a small number of declined cards than have to pay fees myself.

too bad there isn't anything to do that in P3 though and it's just putting it on hold though, not going through the process until home office gets it... I wonder why they would put the fees on us if it's still going once....

Just brainstorming on stuff that will probably never happen.

It was just frustrating that my host almost had to give up some of her order and delay the show until that was done.

Symara said:
too bad there isn't anything to do that in P3 though and it's just putting it on hold though, not going through the process until home office gets it... I wonder why they would put the fees on us if it's still going once....

Just brainstorming on stuff that will probably never happen.

It was just frustrating that my host almost had to give up some of her order and delay the show until that was done.

It is frustrating, and some people are very inconsiderate. You did a great job placing an order to keep your host happy and at the same level in her benefits. I would have done the same thing. I would let her know because you want her to know you are doing your best to provide the best customer service possible.
It will make her guest sound like a cheapskate but that's her problem. If the guest were to have a problem that the host found out, that would be the perfect opportunity for you to explain the consequences of her actions and what it could have done to the entire show as well as your hosts benefits if you hadn't stepped up and helped out.
Keep up the good work! Hopefully your next show will be a huge one and take away the disappointment from this one. I always get declined cards from a certain bank here in town and it's not because they don't have the funds, so that is really annoying. It just has to be entered manually for some reason.

Debbie :D

I thought they weren't allowed to change their order after it was placed???

I know it was because she didn't have the funds, she had to check her balance when I asked her if she still wanted the order on the same car....

I talked to my host before and after I call HO, I wanted to give her the heads up on what was going on and not just drop the bomb on her. She was very appreciative. At first she was confused as to why she was giving me one of the "guests" items... but when I explained to her that I actually paid for it she was very apologetic, I said it wasn't her fault and not to worry about it. It's not like she can control every person that orders.

wadesgirl said:
I thought they weren't allowed to change their order after it was placed???

her card was declined for lack of funds, it was either change it or cancel it.

Symara said:
her card was declined for lack of funds, it was either change it or cancel it.

Did you happen to tell the guest that by lowering her order it changed the hosts benefit amount and she placed her own order based on the sales that were given? I think that is so crappy, I understand why she had to lower the order, but people don't realize that their own actions do affect what everyone else is doing. I think that's great that you put in an order to keep her at her level, but some of us couldn't do that if that happened and then what do you do? Have the host buy something at full price I suppose so she can keep her benefits.

chefsteph07 said:
Did you happen to tell the guest that by lowering her order it changed the hosts benefit amount and she placed her own order based on the sales that were given? I think that is so crappy, I understand why she had to lower the order, but people don't realize that their own actions do affect what everyone else is doing. I think that's great that you put in an order to keep her at her level, but some of us couldn't do that if that happened and then what do you do? Have the host buy something at full price I suppose so she can keep her benefits.

I think I told the guest that, but now I can't remember. The problem is, when I called her there was music blaring in the background, I could barely hear her, and I had to keep repeating myself. All she kept saying was "I've been out of town and forgot all about that order". But if the funds weren't there, I couldn't keep it on hold for a week until the funds were there, (pay day here at my day job where she works also).

They pretty much said that it would have to be put on another order, personal order by the host doesn't increase the amount of sales the host benefits are based on, and I couldn't add an order, so it was placed on the original order that was being decreased, but paid that portion using my debit card.

Symara said:
..... personal order by the host doesn't increase the amount of sales the host benefits are based on, .....

Sure it does - if it's placed as a guest order.

pamperedlinda said:
Sure it does - if it's placed as a guest order.

well, yeah.... ;)

Another option is to ask the guest if she really wants what she ordered and suggest she pay you cash on payday and you pay the difference with your debit card until then (or see if the host can cover it for her). Then have the host hold the item or give it to you until payment is received. Then if it isn't paid for in a reasonable time, return it to HO for a refund within 30 days.

I have never had to do a return that way but it would keep the host benefits intact, helping the host and the guest. As was said, she ordered with her benefits according to what her friends purchased.

I had an order cancel which put my host at a lower level, but I spoke w/HO and they agreed not to lower her level. I got less commission, but the host still got her products. This was a while ago, but it's always worth asking.

pampchefrhondab said:
I had an order cancel which put my host at a lower level, but I spoke w/HO and they agreed not to lower her level. I got less commission, but the host still got her products. This was a while ago, but it's always worth asking.

yeah i tried that, they wouldn't bite... because the show was on hold. IF it had shipped they were going to let her keep her level, as long as she didn't return any products she would be fine. They said if the host returned any of her free products they would not give her a refund.

1. Why was my credit card declined?

There are several reasons why a credit card can be declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, incorrect billing information, or suspicious activity on the card. It's best to contact your credit card company for more information.

2. Can I fix the issue and use my card again?

Yes, you can usually fix the issue and use your card again. If the decline was due to insufficient funds, you can add more money to your account. If it was due to incorrect billing information, you can update the information. If it was due to suspicious activity, you can contact your credit card company to resolve the issue.

3. Will this decline affect my credit score?

No, a declined credit card will not directly affect your credit score. However, if you consistently have declined transactions, it could be a sign that you are having financial difficulties, which could impact your credit score in the long run.

4. Can I use another form of payment?

Yes, if your credit card is declined, you can try using a different form of payment such as a debit card, cash, or a different credit card. You can also contact the merchant to see if they accept alternative forms of payment.

5. How can I prevent my credit card from being declined in the future?

To prevent your credit card from being declined in the future, make sure to keep track of your available credit and always have enough funds for your purchases. It's also important to keep your billing information up to date and monitor your credit card statements for any suspicious activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • andrealynne719